HC WW speed farming build gr 90 avg time 3:15

It’s good for SC too, but as I almost exclusively play HC that’s the only place I’ve tested it.

I have 2200 paragon, all stat points are in str except for 25% ms ofc.

Legendary gems for all runs:

1. molten wildebeest’s gizzard - keeps squirt up

2. bane of the trapped

3. taeguk

For t16 key runs, I did 10 in a row.

Avg time 1:58
picked up all db
picked up almost all legs

for GR 90 I did 10 consecutive runs:

1. 2:45
  2. 3:00
  3. 3:20
  4. 4:39
  5. 2:59
  6. 3:15
  7. 2:55
  8. 2:52
  9. 3:46
  10. 2:55

avg time: 3:15

GAMEPLAY:

With 63% cdr and 4.44 aps breakpoint up entire rift except vs RG its really easy to just spam everything constantly. I’m easily able to keep up bravado and wotb 100% of the time against the RG even without pride of cassius.

For the t16 key runs I was pretty well optimized for speed, but still had morticks and all dps gems:

bk oath: 45%
marathon: 40%
chilaniks: 40%
wotb: 20%
bravado: 40%
echoing fury: 25%

For the GR 90 I replaced marathon with threatening shout-falter and used mantle of channeling instead of chilaniks in cube. Oh, and without marathon I was free to take out weapon master and put in ruthless in cube.

Build setup:

It’s been several days and I still can’t link my profile, so I’ll list gear and dps/toughness stats here:

Gear is the exact same for both types of runs, only difference is passives/cube, so I’ll talk about gear first, then passives and cube.

Gear:

1. weapon 1: bk oath - preferably with attack speed and cdr or ad

2. weapon 2: bk oath - same as above

3. 5 wotw set pieces in helm/chest/shoulders/gloves and either pants or boots. stat priority is cdr/ad/str/AR/vit. I’ve got pretty great rolls on most pieces but focused on cdr with no ad at all on gear right now.

4. 2 capt crimson set pieces - belt and either boots or pants - same stat priority as #3 above.

5. Bracers - morticks. Warzechians or nems are also ok, but as I use volcanic eruption, I gain double toughness plus get all my healing from morticks. Haven’t tried switching to blood funnel, but if you can give up the 16% dmg boost from volcanic eruption plus the doubled toughness from all wotb runes then these are certainly options.

6. ring 1 - obsidian ring

7. ring 2 - skull grasp - cc/cd/cdr/ad/avg dmg/str are all useful rolls here, take 3 of them. I’ve been gambling rings for nearly 300 hours of gameplay this season and still haven’t found a great one yet.

8. amulet - squirts. fire %, cd, cc, cdr, str, ad - build defining item, but might take some work to get a really great one. I’m stuck using 10/99/8cdr/os one right now.

So, every single gear slot except boots/pants is set in stone, and those 2 you just get either capt crimson or wotw set piece, one of each.

My build that achieved the above stats has following:

3.9m fire dmg completely unbuffed
63.43 % cooldown
50% ad (so no ad on gear right now)

You want attack speed on weapons and obsidian ring only - cant hit 5 bp with ef buff up unless you drop bott, which isn’t ideal for speed builds like this, so dont get any attack speed on gear except weapons and obsidian ring.

passives:

for t16/super speeds I have cubed:

weapon - Echoing Fury
armor - chilaniks chain
jewelry - rorg - could wear a great rorg and cube skull grasp too, but eventually you can just get much better rolls on a skull grasp than you ever can on an rorg.

t16 speed runs passives:
nerves of steel
rampage
boon of bul kathos
weapon master - I’ve tried ditching this for ruthless but kept running out of fury after spamming too much marthon.

t16 skills:

1. ignore pain -bravado - spammed constantly
  2. wotb - make sure it’s up 100%
  3. ww - volcanic eruption
  4. sprint - marthon
  5. lmb - battle rage - bloodshed
  6. rmb - war cry - impunity is normally what I use but have been using Charge! lately with great results.

with 25 rampage stacks plus bravado up I have 670 mil toughness, though tbh I dont stress much about toughness in a t16. I do proc every so often when I get careless but with experience you can run this build and never die even in HC.

GR 90 runs cube:

weapon: Echoing Fury
armor: mantle of channeling
jewelry: rorg

Gr 90 passives:

1. nerves of steel
  2. rampage
  3. boon of bul kathos
  4. ruthless

Gr 90 skills:

1. ignore pain - bravado
  2. wotb
  3. ww - volcanic eruption
  4. threatening shout - falter
  5. br - bloodshed
  6. war cry - impunity

with 25 rampage stacks and all buffs up I’m at 891m toughness, but bravado drops a lot during rifts unless I micro it vs lightning elites or the RG.

1 Like

Nice build, you are definitely tanky with Morthicks, WC, WotW, CC and MoC all providing defense. Hard to die with that lineup.

My current speed 90 is only slightly different since I don’t play hardcore. I went with Nemesis over Morticks. To make up for the lost healing I use the Bloodlust rune for WW. To add a little extra damage TS and WC are out replaced by Wrenching Smash and Killing spree because all my gear is maxed on AD.

I just checked the speed last week and I was averaging 2:54.

Yes. No-brainer WW works especially well for long time farming.
Watching a movie while move your mouse.

For barb ultimate speed T16, GR 90, WW is still a bit slow. WW still need a buff.

I remember the avg time of IK charge T16 should be around 1 :40.
IK charge GR90 should be 2-3 min, within 2min is possible. (p2000+).
But charge is not “one-hand” build as WW. You have to press charge key frequently.

What’s your paragon?

I can get more dmg for sure, should be easy by dropping ts and adding stomp + a couple of slots of ad. Would like to fit in ks somewhere, might need some more testing.

My paragon is 2450, not a lot of room to add more offense for me.

Stomp didn’t help me any, just need more dps. I did get an avg of 3:03 though on 10 consecutive runs using lon hota though (similarly good gear and also fully augmented), looks like I’ll probably switch to that for higher solo speed runs.

I use exactly the same build with few exceptions:
Hurricane rune (because I prefer 1:30-2:00 runs on lower level - was 82 at 1.2k paragon)
Berserker Rage instead of Boon of BK
St. Archew’s Gage in the cube (just Gizzard is not enough for me to keep Squirt’s up close to 100%)

I believe Charge rune is the best for BK. I believe Mortick’s is better than Nemesis when RG fight takes more than a few seconds.

couple questions:

1. you mean charge rune for war cry? I use that pretty often on t16 b/c I run out of fury sometimes.
  2. for t16 it’s hard to beat chilaniks b/c of the speed buff. I’m mainly using mantle of channeling on higher GR, start using it in the 80-85 range. But I just want it to keep up the shield vs certain elites with bad affixes, might try out st archew’s gage instead.
  3. I like morticks not only for RG in longer fights but the double toughness plus 16% dmg boost from using volcanic rune is tough to beat.

edit: did a couple of runs using st archews instead of mantle of channeling in cube. I think that mantle of channeling is better, just b/c the I’m still dropping squirts sometimes. Certain elite affixes, frozen and lightning for sure and maybe one or 2 others, just ignore shield for purposes of keeping squrits up. I even saw them taking down squirts just now through my shield pylon…super annoying.

TLDR: we won’t ever get 100% uptime on squrits b/c of game bugs, and the extra uptime from using st archews isn’t enough to justify using it instead of mantle of channeling.

There are monsters like bats that leave poison on the ground. This poison drops Squirt’s stacks even through shield pylon. But on 2min runs I usually kill mob before they apply any effect.

So I did some messing around with my lon hota build, and that’s faster at gr 90, plus it scales great with squirts up to at least 100.

I have similarly-good gear and also am fully augmented on my lon hota build, and my times are:

gr 90:

3:00 avg

gr 100:

4:45 avg

I know this doens’t matter to our softcore barbarian friends, but I also like the fact that for hardcore the lon hota build is enormously tankier. It’s just overall a great build.

Whats your build look like. I tried LOD HotA tonight with Squirts and I only got below 6 minutes 3 time in 20 attempts as I was trying a bunch of different things. I was running at 19k str, if I aug everything I could run 23k.

I have 21900 str on profile atm.
Everything is ancient except my squirts.

6.2m fire dps
52.69% cdr
133% ad
base toughness 45m

I can give up about 600k dps to switch to stone gauntlets from magefist, uptime is better on squirts but I haven’t extensively tested to see if the tradeoff yields faster clears or not.

skills:
bravado
insanity
hota
marathon
bloodshed
merciless assault

gear:
weapons: burning axe and ef
rings: obsidian, bom, coe
ammy: squirts
shoulders: any work, rolls most important: str/vit/cdr/ad
leorics helm
cindercoat
poc
swamp land waders
illusory boots
either magefist or stone gauntlets, currently using magefist

gems: lod 99, wildebeest 130, bott 130

add me if you want to scope out profile, I keep the gear on a separate barb so its equipped at all times.

edit: just did 5 in a row using magefist and 5 in a row with stone gauntlets, magefist was 18 seconds per run average faster.

Ok, I went away from the speed skills so I was using ignorance is bliss and for marathon I went with ground stomp WS or WC to see if I could keep squirts up longer.

What armor do you have in the cube, I am assuming Mortics for the extra defense?