Having no personal loot is like giving away your wage to your colleagues on pay day

Do you want to give away your wage to your colleagues on pay day? Do you like to see people taking away the things that you worked so hard for? Yeah, that’s what it’s like without personal loot.

13 Likes

Actually it’s worse, it’s like putting your wage on the table in front of your colleagues and then saying whoever can pick it up fastest gets it.

Only, half of your colleagues have hired assistants who pick things up for them at lightspeed.

12 Likes

People arguing for personal loot are outing themselves as D2 amateurs.
D2 is a shared loot game. It is an unforgiving world with consequences.

Everyone who knows how to find their own items will go and MF away from other people in another part of a p8 game, or in solo games.

If you are doing p8 public baal runs and expecting to find items you are playing sub-optimally. You dedicate your grind to XP or MF. If you want both doing Baal runs, make private runs.

45 Likes

Why are you putting your wages on a pile and asking people to take them? literally, no one is forcing you to play with other people that steal “your” loot.

29 Likes

No one can steal the loot because It’s not even yours before you pick it up. The one who pick it up first, owns the item.

You can’t say It’s yours before you pick it up. Shared Loot is the way Diablo 2 is. Never change that path. Game is uniq,let it stay uniq.

26 Likes

As long as Blizzard keeps the pickits, bots and other hacks on lockdown, that’s what I really care about. Lets keep that Pandora’s box permanently closed.

I think I have fast reflexes, but they’re no match for a machine.

In several pub games in the past, I’ve killed a monster right next to me, see a unique drop, and as the unique was still in its drop animation, in the blink of an eye someone teleported to it and nabbed it.

1 Like

some time its best not so say anything so i will just /pat on head

2 Likes

As others said you literally dont get your loot stolen if someone is near the slain monster they are most likely contributing its not “your” the loot is just the loot, if you want personal loot, then you get the loot yourself in a private game or with friends who want to share. Its really simple. You do baal runs to farm xp not to farm loot… you missed how the game is played. If your doing so much of the work in the room then when you farm for items do it yourself and 100 percent of the drops are self earned.

7 Likes

Yeah I don’t get this personal loot deal. I mean who wants to run around with bots and being a garbage truck collecting bot loot. What a boring way to play. I either play with friends, or solo and every once in a while help out someone asking for help.

5 Likes

Any news on personal loots?

I’m confused at this analogy. Why would you drop your items? And what does that have to do with monsters dropping items?

4 Likes

Having personal loot is like having a job with 7 co-workers. You do your job while your co-workers are sitting at the coffee machine untill you are done. At the end of the day/month EVERYONE will get their salary because YOU did your job.

1 Like

So in a personal loot system, only the last hit gets the drop?
I thought in a personal loot system its a random chance anyone gets the drop.

This is very confusing to me. Or this example was poorly presented.

Why would personal loot be a thing in the first place?

That system will only saturate the economy with a load of unwanted items and all those items will have 0 value what-so-ever by the end of a ladder season.

By implementing this, not only you cause harm to the game, you also have to change other things to balance it (e.g. by not permitting trades like Diablo 3, Any memories about that game?). This in turn will makes the community a lot more toxic by removing a part of the social experience of the game. The personal loot system is fundamentally a cancer to any community/game and is a new generation (Hello Zoomer, it’s me, Boomer.) mentality solely based on “ME, MYSELF and I”. If you don’t like competing with others, go play by yourself and prove everyone else that you are that better at the game. Yes, the game even has a local play!

Enjoy.

4 Likes

True. Another thing is that you can play with 1 character that is leading and killing monsters and have 7 leech character. Unlike D3 you can trade items so you can flood the market with loot or get loot 8 times faster than normal.

It’s just a bad idea. I get what they are trying to say and I get their theory but having personal loot in combination with an open trade system is a disaster and it’s just cheap and ez mode in general. Everyone know how easy it is to gear in D3.

3 Likes

There is a lot wrong with your comment but I’ll address your two main points.

Why personal loot? To contain pickit users.

Saturate the economy? Personal loot would be 1/8 of total drops on average per game, there are no extra items.

There are downsides to personal loot as well, it is not a perfect system, but there are proven benefits as well.

Having 8 accounts would cost me nearly 500 dollars. I’m not saying a few outliers wouldn’t do it, but it would not be more common than pickit users and botters.

It’s not that much of an issue, though 1 or 2 extra accounts is a noticeable benefit for less investment. It’s a valid argument, but remains to be seen which is worse in D2R, pickit or multi accounts.

I’m not sure I understate this statement.

On my point of view, in a game of 8 players, if 1 item drop in a normal Diablo 2 playthrough, that’s 1 item added to the game. Right? But, if everyone gets 1 item in a personal loot system, that’s 8 items added to the game.

Personal loot doesn’t mean that the overall pool of item drops in a game is split between 8 players. You don’t get more item drops while playing alone in diablo than playing in multiplayer. You get the same amount of item drops in single or multiplayer games for a single player.

Personal loot in WoW and in Diablo are 2 totally different things.

If it’s about pickit I think it’s for the wrong reason. Changing core mechanics and gameplay experience purely to combat cheaters is never a great idea.

Also, pickit can only effect the drops in open rooms but isn’t usefull in closed rooms. Having multiple accounts with personal loot and increasing the loot by 100% per extra account will have an effect everywhere, also in closed rooms.

Another thing, why are we even discussing this? It’s not like it’s gonna be a thing in D2R. Might want to bring this discussion to the D4 forums. It’s known that D2R will only have QoL changes.

lol, that is a stretch of your imagination.

Please stop bringing D3 QoL into D2.

2 Likes