Having issues with support

All perspectives are limited. Partially by ingrained biases but mostly by reality.

1 Like

forum=mass communication
me not posting=business as normal
me posting=small ripple

Some ripples eventually become waves.

By no means do I mean this one ripple is going to become a wave.

However, if this contributes even slightly(0.000000000001%) to so some bigger wave down the line then Iā€™m more than happy.

I had an account dispute issue back in 2012. I had to supply my drivers license as proof of my identity so its definitely not new policy. You can insist whatever dumb principle you have, the employees will reject whatever request you make. No matter how you prove yourself, you canā€™t not prove who you are. You can be xyz abcā€¦ Kfc behind that keyboard. You can simply request a account delete, and later deny your request, sue the company for fabricating evidence and receive legal remedies. Only thing blizzard canā€™t fabricate is real official ID. Hence the policy acts as a protection to both parties when theres dispute.

Blizzard do not play with the legal system, otherwise it will not have survived 20-30 odd years of operations. Despite many requests of ban waves, its also these cautious mind set why it hasnā€™t happened. In a global market/laws environment, bans may offend local laws.

1 Like

They have other options.
Verifying all the information that you have provided them with in the past.
Notifying you through the contact information you gave them.
Then give you something like 30 days, and after that 30 days they delete the account.

People ride hard for this company. i donā€™t.

They have other options, you donā€™t. They also have no incentive to accommodate you.

1 Like

As I said before.
They do not respect their own principals and policies.
Therefore, Iā€™m not going to respect their principals or policies.

This company has lost the publicā€™s trust to a large extent.
They havenā€™t deleted my account, so Iā€™m still here.

Why do you think Allen changed his tune? Why did Blizzard backpedal so hard?

Because the people werenā€™t silent. Iā€™ve made it quite clear about why Iā€™m here.

1 Like

I dont understand, what do you gain when they delete your account?

Itā€™s one way to directly send a message to this company that what theyā€™re doing is not okay.

And the amount they care is aboutā€¦ let me do some calculationsā€¦ zero.

All you people closing your accounts accomplish absolutely nothing.

3 Likes

Yes, so we should just do nothing?

One voice on its own is quiet.

However, Iā€™m not the only one making noise.

This story has made international headlines. People want to delete their account, but arenā€™t willing to hand over anymore new private data to Blizzard.

A small ripple is just a ripple. However, some ripples will eventually make waves. Iā€™m not claiming this is going to make a wave.
If it contributes slightly(0.00000000001%) to another wave that comes down the line then Iā€™m more than happy.

1 Like

Donā€™t forget that most of these people will get a new account when a new blizzard game comes out. The bandwagon hypocrits are like that.

2 Likes

Negative.

I stand behind this decision 100%. My gaming heyday has passed. The games I truly loved are no longer being made.

How pathetic are you. He doesnā€™t want to support a company that is crushing free speech and you look down on him. Why?

Thatā€™s rich coming from the one who bumped a dead thread just to attack someone.

2 Likes

I look down on him for trolling the forum and causing discord. This is a D3 gaming forum not a platform for political views. I understand all to well how ā€œfree speechā€ works, it is free only if it is coming from you. If he is having issues closing his account that is no reason for trolling the gaming forums with his hatred for Blizzard. Is that so hard for you to understand. :sob:

I do not agree with Blizzards actions, nor do I want to read about it everyday on the D3 forum. What compounds the issue is the fact that he just keeps saying the same thing over and over and over. He and others have been told several times what is needed for closing an account and they refuses. So he (they) flood the gaming forums with the ā€œlook at meā€ grandstanding. Now try to think outside of the box before you run at the mouth next time. :ok_hand: I am done with you trolls.

2 Likes

you are being very silly
I like to see you try to delete any type of account with no ID.
if I have your user name I would love to delete your account even if you didnā€™t want to. hmmmm I wonder what you would say when you tried to log on and it said you have been deleted lol oh yeah I love to see your reaction.
And since you have become a pain I would love to also deleted your internet, phone, lights account since I will need no ID only a phone call will do it. You need to think.

Hey, all.

I will be locking this thread as this keeps getting bumped and is not on-topic for technical support assistance.

If you need help with your account, please reach out to https://support.blizzard.com/ and we can assist.