Haven't played Invoker for a while

Enjoying it so far.
Not enough CDR. Should I go Crimsons, or roll CDR? I think CHC is useless so I suppose I could roll CDR instead? In Geom?
Any advice appreciated.

You can go crimson if you want, I’d suggest you find an akarats awakening for better upkeep on ac buff. Then stack up on some blockchance.

Good luck

1 Like

tx for your help…

Yep, it’s a good source of lots of CDR. It also increases your damage. Having looked at your Invoker - Paladin - you’ve taken some odd choices on abilities / passives, e.g. you haven’t taken Fervor or Fanatacism, both of which vastly increase your attack speed, and therefore how rapidly you can apply thorns to a target. You also don’t have The Furnace in the Cube. As Invoker is an elite-hunting build, the 50% damage bonus versus elites is very useful.

Have a quick look at mine for comparison - Invoker

Indeed. It is not possible for thorns to crit and therefore any CHC or CHD affixes on your gear are useless. So, either roll them off for AS (quicker attacks = more rapidly applying thorns = more stacks from the armour’s 2-piece bonus) or mitigation affixes, depending on which gear slot it is.

Oh, and I noticed your bracers have lightning damage on them. Re-roll that immediately to physical, because thorns damage is always physical, regardless of the rune on the ability you use to apply them. (Speaking of which, Punish should be runed with Celerity for more attack speed).

1 Like

I used AA in the cube and used Spiker in off hand 'cos of the double damage for Thorns with Provoke.
I though I was right about crit, i remembered that from the last time I played Invoker, many moons ago.
Thanks for your advice.

As far as I understand, Vo’Toyia’s Spiker effect only applies to reflective thorns and not the thorns from the Invoker 6p bonus. At least that’s what I’ve been told. As such that shield is pretty much useless for Invoker.

It’d be much better to equip Akarat’s Awakening and cubing Furnace as already mentioned. Also get Pig Sticker, pretty much best weapon for Invoker.

1 Like

Rats, I didn’t know that. It doesn’t say that, the villains. I’ll change it back to what I had then.

Invoker can be a little bit tricky to gear since it indeed isn’t always clear which items are actually beneficial for it.

One might think Hack might be a great weapon since it buffs thorns but once again its benefit is almost nonexistent. I think it was additive with the Invoker 6p bonus or something.

Then there are also items which are effectively bugged. For example a way back the Blood Brother 2H sword was the choice to use in the cube as it should buff both damage and mitigation. Then someone discovered that the damage buff wasn’t applied to the Invoker 6p bonus, rendering that weapon totally useless.

1 Like

Tbh, I’m just playing this for fun since I haven’t played it for a while, and I like playing through the season. I’ve already got GR100+ Necro and DH on Europe which I got bored with so I came here for a change.
Some nice people to play with too.

In case you’re interested, the reason for Pig Sticker being the weapon of choice is twofold…

1. It’s a dagger and therefore has the highest base attack rate. As mentioned earlier in the thread, the quicker you can apply/re-apply thorns to a target, the quicker you build the stacks of the 2-piece armour bonus, increasing your thorns value. Add in 7% AS, Punish / Celerity, Fervor and Fanaticism and you’ll be applying them very quickly.
  2. It rolls with more primary affixes than other one-handers. This means you can get lots of useful affixes, including one from rolling off the elemental damage range. Remember, your damage comes from applying your thorns, not from abilities based on a multiplier of your weapon damage so it doesn’t matter that your weapon has 340 damage.

For example, my Invoker’s got one with STR / VIT / 7% AS / 10% CDR (this came from rerolling the elemental damage) / Life Per Hit and a socket as primaries.

2 Likes