Have gameplay freeze

his evening I found that, after working this morning, diablo III suddenly developed a new habit: the game will start fine, I can select characters, difficulties, game modes etc. Then after making it through the loading screen, the game will play the sound of starting, show me a still image of the loaded in game complete with big “checkpoint” splash and that sound effect. Then freeze. The game completely locks up my screen: I can’t Alt+Tab out, or reach the task manager; since when I try, all I get is the same image with nothing to interact with. Bizarrely; the windows UI you get when using ctrl+alt+del still appears, and I can “sign out” of my profile, but otherwise, there is no way to get rid of this.

I started to have the same problem today - 11/23/19
I do use a Razor 12 button mouse, not sure of the model.

As you had mentioned “Razer”, please read the Known Issues article sticky at top of the forum.

I am having the same issue. Sometimes the game will play fine for a while and suddenly freeze. It seems to be just with this season. I was playing regular for a while before this season started. I do not believe it is my computer. I hope that it is just an easy fix.
Thanks

Thank you for this info - found 2 files from, I assume a Synapse 2 incomplete uninstall and deleted them. So far so good.

1 Like

Here is an update to this issue:
Even after finding and deleting the rogue files the problem reoccurred at approximately the same levels of freezing.
However, I did a stupid simple thing and after two days of play no freezing up.

I opened the system tray right clicked the razor app and clicked exit all apps…
This has stopped the freezing issue - I know it’s gone because it would freeze often enough in a days play to be quite annoying - have not seen a freeze and I’m on the 3rd day of play.

It came back months later worse than ever, I finally got tired of it and gave up, Diablo is off the computer. It was a 7 year run though.

This has been happening since May. Whenever it happens Event log items 15300 and 15301 are reported. There is no useful information anywhere on the web right now that would help clear up these errors.
It does not happen on my 64 bit laptop but always on my 32 bit desktop.
I will have to stop using this machine to play D3