Hardcore for Season 21 Suggestion "3 Strikes"

I would love to see the hardcore people get something unique for Season 21. How about a " 3 strikes and yer out." You only can get killed three times then…well your character is out/dead. Instead of the one and done…you get 3 chances instead of one :slight_smile:

It might also entice some more players to take a shot at hardcore that normally would not because of some spotty technical issues players might have that would cause then to DC etc.

3 Likes

Or… You start a softcore character and leave the character once you died three times? Ain’t that the same thing?

2 Likes

You want a season where hardcore becomes 66% less hardcore?

I honestly think a hardcore season where the cheat-death passive is disabled would be more popular.

9 Likes

Then it wouldn’t be hardcore.

/thread

2 Likes

No, it is nowhere near the same thing.

I have seen way too many people lose their toon/progress to DC issues, and having a forgiveness system in place for this would be nice. Not sure I like “3 strikes and you are out” but it would be nice to see the issue addressed.

Nobody should lose their toon due to DC.

1 Like

Then inevitably you’d find people abusing that.

3 Likes

I would like to be able to revive my dead HC char ONLY once, just for the fun of it. maybe I’ve died couse of rubber band, or just a laggy connection. To have that second chance would be great. As for the “3 strikes…” I wouldn’t like that nor the missing passive.
I think this would make HC a bit more friendly, not easier nor harder.

In which case, it’s not hardcore.

4 Likes

I know, but in case someone decides to do something about HC, revive or 3 strikes or whatever, I’d prefer revive. I’ve lost a few heroes along the way but that’s how HC works, also I’m quite new to HC so still a lot to learn. I don’t mind that i have to create a new char, the problem lies with the gear (rolls, augments…) other than that me sees no problem. I gave up SC, fight, die, revive, repeat… feels somehow pointless from my casual player perspective, giving that I don’t aim for those high clears or paragon levels.

It should at least theoretically be possible. Afaik Starcraft 2 has some DC protection.

Auto-pause the game on the server if a DC is detected, when you get back in you should start more or less where you left off (it would take a little time to detect the DC of course). That shouldn’t really be exploitable.

In multiplayer the game should also pause, while giving the other players a vote to stop the pause if they don’t want to wait any longer.

If you don’t log in on purpose again for x hours hoping to save the character, the game should just unpause and run its course like it happens today. Which might either result in your death or a successful log out.

1 Like

No this is not baseball where you get 3 strikes.

I’d rather keep my hardcore toon dead as it is… whether it’s my fault, my ISP’s fault, my PCs fault, server issue, ddos, etc… I signed up for a disclaimer and that’s it… dead HC toon, delete it, get over it and create a new one.

1 Like

Well you do have the first strike, being the cheat death passive. Ancestors Grace amulet is the strike 2 (if you choose to use it). No real need for a 3rd strike.How about if you die 3x in the season, HC mode is closed for the rest of your season.

There are sometimes clues when a DC is about to hit. Lag spikes, latency, rubber banding etc, from my experience anyways.

I have never seen this amulet before. Does it only drop in hardcore?

sure… Ancestors’ Grace

Neck

Legendary Amulet

Primary
+[626 - 750] Vitality

Secondary
When receiving fatal damage, you are instead restored to 100% of maximum Life and resources. This item is destroyed in the process.

One of 3 Magic Properties (varies)
    +[626 - 750] Strength
    +[626 - 750] Dexterity
    +[626 - 750] Intelligence

+3 Random Magic Properties

https:// Ancestors' Grace - Game Guide - Diablo III

yes it is an exclusive HC amulet.

1 Like

So many people use responses like this.

Your logic is this “Lets abuse players so that people cannot abuse something else”

I actually like this. You have 3 lives (or 3 conitnues) like those old days arcade games.

1 Like

I don’t see a point in having 3 lives in hc other than that it would give you some insurance in case of 3x dc’s.

But 3 lives is definitely more hc than infinite lives.

Kinda ruins the concept.
DC in HC really sucks, but the goal should be to solve the DC issue, not make HC into SC.

1 Like

Yes, it’s not the same. That’s why it’s called Hardcore for a reason and you accept an agreement before playing that mode; which is affirming that you will not smash your keyboard, punch a hole through your monitor or beg Blizzard to bring your lost character back relentlessly just because your Internet Service Provider or your old router had a hiccup.
If you hate dying to disconnects then don’t play Hardcore, it’s easy. It proves nothing. If you think you’re not gonna have fun, then you’re not gonna have fun.

3 Likes