Hahahahaha Path of Exile 2 was Announced

I will not try to convince you. You are entitled to your opinion.

But this:

Is saying it all. You never actually played that game. You remind me a lot of all those guys who came to old D3 forums, saying that they got the game, got thru 4 acts and never played again because game is trash, is too easy, it is completely ruined because their D2 is so much better and so on. You fellas - and myself as well - made fun out of them, tried to explain that story mode as pathetic as it was is only a tutorial and game begins in adventure mode.

Now you are trying to preach about how bad PoE or PoE2 is or will be, from a standpoint of a person who never actually played it.

See, my advantage over most of you is, that I gave both games a fair trail. And I love D3, don’t get me wrong, I have likely 10’s of thousands of hours combined between the D1/D2 and D3, but I love PoE too. And - pay attention here - I don’t say that X is better than Y or any of that. I only try to educate, as I always did in D3 and old forums.

5 Likes

I’ve played PoE years before it was released and have been playing Diablo since Diablo 1 came out. Why am I hyped for Diablo 4 and not PoE 2? Because PoE 2 is playing it safe, it’s predictable. I even watched an interview with Chris Wilson stating why they’d never change certain things that have become problematic with the game (like speed meta) because people have become too accustomed to it. He states this is the reason why many systems will never change despite them knowing it would be better for the game if they did. THIS is why I can’t respect PoE 2, because they’re too afraid of upsetting their hardcore fanbase. They want to play it safe…

So, how will Diablo 4 be different? Diablo 4, whether it’s good or not, provides something completely new and unknown. Every Diablo since Diablo 1 has been a completely reimagined game with new systems and combat. Love the changes or hate them, each new game actually feels like a brand new game that you have to discover with everyone else.

With PoE 2, the novelty of it being new will wear off and it will feel and play the same as PoE 1. How is the genre going to evolve if you’re too afraid to take risks with new systems? Forget “simplifying” skill gems, try getting rid of them and add a better system. Try adding classes that feel like classes. Get rid of Path of Flasks and Path of 3rdpartywebsites.

2 Likes

all this immature squabbling is fun to watch (grabs popcorn)

Well said.

Appropriate name, btw.

1 Like

I hate to say it…but PoE 2 looks extremely good. GL Blizzard, you will need it.

1 Like

OOI was an active PoE player. Beat all end bosses, make my own Marcos, used Path of building, has at least 500 post in GGG forum and spent over 500€ on MTX and stash tabs. I am hardly a hater or either game.

In my opinion, it’s never a PoE2. It was intended to be patch 4.0. New campaign and updated graphics. They decided to rename it Path of exile 2 as it’s more attractive to new and returning players.

I understand the decision to not create a completely new game, and it make sense in the short run, but I am not convinced it’s the correct decision long term. Because it’s an expansion, it can only evolve and most issues and problems people has with original PoE will be carried over. Lack of Decent pvp, multiplayers, Limite in character customization and legacy instances base end game (maps).

Chia Wilson give impression like Jay Wilson, I listened to him Times. He seems to think he knows better and barely bother to listen to feedbacks. To be fair he did know better than Jay but attitude is sameish.
Also I find it disturbing when Quin asked him about gender selection for classes, he said they may come as MTX! Pay MTX to pick a gender , WTF!!!

In any case I think PoE 3.0 will be a success and get a huge bump in active players( their highest bump was the 6 new act expansion) . I think it will still remain niche due to high MTX prices, excessive and often unnecessary complexity and lack of pvp and Coop. Look at all major live service games. All of them has MP. The social and competitive nation of MP is necessary these day for mainstream live service game.

There is one thing I do like a lot, is the more liberal use of color even in dark areas. D4 is too desaturated in my opinion on colors.

1 Like

they cant get their crap together in this case because the fight with path of exile 2 is already lost: diablo 4 will be released in ~4 years (or more, cuz its “not even blizzard’s soon”), while poe2 will be released in ~1-1.5 years. it will be path of exile 3 by then, not to mention that ggg will be inventing many new things and mechanics as they usually do. you can imagine how many new content they will be providing in 4 years.

not a poe fanboy, just stating the facts. its too late. ggg has solid, expirienced team, so when diablo 4 will be released there is no guarantee that it will be a better game.

1 Like

My prediction is that D4 will create an entirely new playerbase, people that replace the old D2 nostalgia players. And the game will be better off for it.