Hahahahaha Path of Exile 2 was Announced

Honestly, what do you think about monthly/yearly sub. From my point of view, it help the developer to sustain and create more and timely content. Also, does not overwrite the armour designs that the designers design. It also ensures a not pay to win scheme. Also, if there are 3rd party website that does trading/services (which is unavoidable) they too have to pay the subscription fee. So In a way they also pay back to the community that isn’t buying their items/service.

Subscriptions have there place for sure.
But if it is a sub based game it has to be worth it. it has to be content rich.

I dont see, with the current state of ur average ARPG, there being enough content to warrant a subscription for a game like Diablo 4.

And ofc, if a game has a subscription, the notion of MTX’s should for sure be stricken from any thought, alass we already know Blizzards stance on this …WoW.

In the presentation they said poe1 and poe2 are sharing the exact same endgame :confused:
I do not hate maps, just the way to acquire them. But like you I will try the new campaign for sure.

It’s not affecting the game content, though. The game is same whether you have gotten 10 loot boxes or 500. It doesn’t make you any more or less effective than the other guy. Blizzard also lowers prices on skins after a year has gone past.

I personally prefer subscriptions to MTX.
It is not really a viable monetization scheme for most games these days though.

Subs also can have negative impact however. It clearly incentivizes the developer to make people spend more time on the game, by making the game more grindy, and make the players return at minimum each month etc.
Which is not particularly good, maybe especially not for a game like Diablo.

D3s skill system is infinitely worse. You literally have to play the game the way blizz wants you to lmao, there’s 0 diversity in this game.

It is not really the skill system that does that however.

1 Like

https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/family/world-of-warcraft

Um PoE2 is pretty much PoE 1.5 same graphics. Outdated skill system .essentially same game. Doesnt even hold up to D3 imo

Both will be mediocre, but Blizzard’s will make more money. Also, there will be complaints.

1 Like

I disagree with this.
What matters is what the game looks like, and the price of the cosmetics.
IN PoE, the game might be free, but basic armor looks like crap.
They charge a ridiculous amount for cosmetics, like $60 for a skin.
D4 might be full price, and they will have a good looking game
at release.
While D4 might have skins for like $10, which compared to PoE,
is a big difference.
D4 will have probably more stash space that PoE, but might sell
more stash space.
PoE on the other hand will definitely sell stash space, and not cheaply.
And PoE has so much materials and gems you need stash space,
so no, PoE isn’t really free, only at the basic level.

I think that would kill the Diablo franchise.

That has nothing to do with the skill system. It has to do with sets.

No, that’s the price for the current League bundle last I checked, which includes more than just a skin.

1 Like

The part of this debate that saddens me the most is that its become exceedingly obvious that a new generation of ‘gamers’ has grown up with MTX being ‘normal’ and so defend them like they would defending the notion of selling sweets at a local store/shop. “its normal . .its expected. .its ok” This isnt selling sweets …this is like selling friggin hard drugs (illegal) at ur local corner shop and being ok with it.

MTX when they 1st started appearing (in the eastern market games that were being translated and sold in the west), disgusted players, everyone hated them… everyone.
The same with paid DLC. When DLC 1st appeared they were free, and some were rightly scoffed at for being late releases of content that should have been there at release. Nowadays DLC is sold, and its normal !

The notion of MTX’s, most certainly in paid games, is obscene. Paying $10 for friggin texture/minor 3d model, or worse an item or booster. The game is full of textures , 3d models, and items, u dont pay $10 for each one when u buy the base game.
Its ridiculous, it was back when it started and it still is now. The only difference is the players.
A new generation brought up on Mobile trash game full with MTX, and PC games filled with the original ‘eastern’ style MTX’s.
Your defending something thats harming you , whether u realize it or not.
Its like the old adage of the frog and boiling water. Drop one in boiling water and it will jump out. But place it in cold water and slowly bring the water to a boil and it will stay there till it dies.

i wouldnt care so much if they held true to their name MICRO transactions (and stayed to cosmetics) … but lets face it. if a game cost $60, then the MTX’s cost $10, $20, $50 each …that aint Micro.]

2 Likes

While that is kinda true. DLC isnt just DLC. Some call expansions DLC, orders call horse armor DLC. When Blizzard say they will sell DLC, I assume it is expansions. It might be smaller expansions, like the Necromancer in D3, but still, actual, meaningful content. Expansions were, for the most part, never free.

I guess I have “defended” MTX in this thread (edit, nvm, it was in another thread apparently :smiley: ). Mostly by saying it is not a huge issue. I sadly cant claim to be a younger generation anymore, and I dont understand MTX in the sense that I would never buy cosmetics for a game.
Still, selling cosmetics to people who for some reason want to pay for it, falls really far down the list of issues I have with a game.
Loot boxes is different though, it is gambling, it is targeted minors, and should be illegal.

Yah seriously, more like hahaha GGG is that all YOU got??

I’m not the kind to start flaming different games fans or devs because that’s pretty immature, you like what you like, but when their top game director mocks D4 announcement like it aint nothing to worry about and they act like they got the next God tier AARPG for that, they deserve every bit thrown back at em!

Talk about over-hyping your own game. Like bruh really? It’s just PoE HD :rofl:

Oooo new campaign for a new game?? :open_mouth: Tell us more :rofl:

1 Like

My predictions?
Both Diablo 4 and PoE2 will be great success!

All that proves is that all you need is a trading simulator and no game

no one cares about PoE on a Diablo forum, go to PoE forum and go play that crap game if you like it so much

4 Likes