Hahahahaha Path of Exile 2 was Announced

My predictions?
The day before release a massive zombie apocalypse will break out and no one will ever play it!

Oh, they definitely do. They lost a good chunk of their core Diablo fan-base to POE. D4 has to be excellent in order to get people to play D4 over POE 2.

3 Likes

It’s literally 7 new acts with a new story line. There are also 19 new ascendancies which change the way that your character plays. I personally plan to play both, but Blizz does need to step it up for D4 in order to win back their base that plays POE.

5 Likes

By the time D4 comes out PoE2 will likely been old news and very possibly PoE3 would be announced or even have come around… So I dont think D4 will have to worry about PoE 2.

1 Like

Competition is good for the consumer, not the company. Companies want to be monopolies. Competition means they have a lot less control over pricing, market pace, and so on.

3 Likes

Even if, it’s good for us no ?, the consumers after all want quality rather than a rushed semi-finished sort of… thing

I mean that might’ve been the bane of D3 in the first place, they didn’t want to compete so they released ASAP and first, as a result we got a semi-bad game and they got a lot of negative reputation along with it

1 Like

the only thing that makes poe successful is a lot of content/changes, not too much powercreep and blizz failing with d3 (even tough i had fun with it)
poe has so much problems (too much trading, bad graphics, laggy, classes and builds not really play or feel different from each other, same few legendaries etc) and poe2 is just the same game with a new campaign and some overhauls to skillsystems and some other minor stuff

1 Like

meh… POE 2 looks the same as POE 1, they just put the holes to a different page that’s all. Graphics still horrible despite “improvements”. Gives me a headache just to look at it.

And that gem-based skill system is so dumb. I look at the gems and the skills that come with them, I only have one thing in my mind, “Why?!”

Skills are skills, not associated with gems. Horrible design.

D4 all the way!

5 Likes

Glad to see Blizzard feel the heat this time. They were WAY too comfortable when making Diablo 3.

1 Like

And not enough poe players to care about that, so they go to the d3 forums. Needless to say PoE has to suck to induce such behavior. “PoE 2” its like a big patch and nothing more :joy: not even a proper sequel and they even go for MoBiL to milk theire playerbase before it gets chunked by 70% because of D4

1 Like

It is what it is. I’ll buy D4, no doubt about it. I love diablo, 1,2,3, and I’m sure I’ll love 4 for one reason or another. They all had “flaws” to me, but I loved enough to overlook them. I don’t like the looks of PoE and not going to give them my money until they do something that appeals to me. Does PoE even have forums? Seems like I have to scroll through 10+ threads that have PoE in the title here in the Diablo 3 forums.

2 Likes

Truthfully even though these games are the same genre they have some major differences.

D4 seems more of a co op experiences, the open world and world bosses push that online experience. The skill systems in both games are also drastically different.

Honestly I think both look amazing and I hope both games turn out incredible!

3 Likes

Yeah I wish Poe 2 was worthy but it still has those trashy, bright colored spells and auras that 10 year olds love. Spamfest to the max. And their items and gear graphics aren’t aesthetically pleasing.

6 Likes

Considering how much they’re spamming this forum with this kind of pointless thread I’m kinda hoping they all go away at this point.

We care about the franchise, that’s why we complain - it’s obvious for us to see what’s bad in the game.

1 Like

Diablo 4 NEEDS to be a next-gen genre changing ARPG…

They LITERALLY need to NOT look at Diablo 3 AT ALL…

They are 2 completely different games in 2 drastically different genre. ARPG and MMO are completely different. Not saying one is better that another everyone plays the style they like.

If they want to be a “next-gen genre changing ARPG” looking at Diablo 3 is probably a very good idea.
Both to learn what to do, and what not to do.

Not really convinced the game need to be genre changing though. Just be the best the genre has to offer would make me quite happy :smiley:

Poe is waaaay to awful for me to even care

3 Likes

You’re right that Blizz needs to put up a great game. GGG now has an upgraded art team, upgraded graphics, and has always put out more content. I think ultimately, competition is a good thing. Blizz went with more simplicity in the combat mechanics - the “simple to learn, difficult to master” mantra. GGG has more complexity built in and far more customizability and more loyalty to classic table top D&D. There are certainly audiences for both.

I have full confidence that Blizzard is going to deliver addictive gameplay and great art. I’m extremely hesitant of their stories. They’ve sucked at this across all their IPs since Activision took over and forced their woke culture to trickle into their games. We’ll see if they can figure it out, but I’m doubtful on the story, which is a huge disappointment for me, since that’s one of the key things that drives me to play.