[Guide] Zodiac Rend (Season 20)

Yessir big thank you. Next on the agenda is 3k and hopefully multiple upgrades by that time. I will be working on 150 gems all around ready for great drops.

3 Likes

Hi guys,
Finally cleared 100 solo in HC with FnR Core build with Bk, and cubed MoC. Still feeling clunky with my IB set (which I was lucky to get a solid Primal Slanderer) but it just feels risky in HC since Fury generation isn’t as easy as with BK (and stopping WW means certain death with IB armor dropping and Taeguk dropping) AND sometimes I’m still having permawrath drop every so often.
With Crimsons, it’s nice that it seems to lend itself easier to IB with the RCR, and permawrath is even easier if Boon of BK is kept as a passive.

With all this considered, I’m trying to evaluate the big ticket pros/cons in both to consider where to invest and am trying to figure out how the big dmg multipliers compute (even having watched the video referenced in this guide).

Core FnR:
+50% + 50% dmg from FnR
+25 %dmg from MoC
+25% dmg reduction from MoC
I’m guessing those are multiplicative bonuses that stack to +125% dmg overall? But not sure…

CC w/ BoM:
+60% avg dmg from CDR from CC
+30% dmg reduction from RCR from CC
+50% avg dmg from CoE (200% dmg * 1/4th of the time)
Total: +110% average dmg, +30% dmg reduction

So overall FnR has 15% more in Dmg multiplier, 5% less in dmg reduction.

Am I thinking about this correct? Thanks in advance and sorry for the noob questions.

Draad

We were talking about this not long ago! Here.

Whenever you’ve got multiplicative bonuses, they multiply together. i.e. for F&R + MoC it’s 1.5 * 1.5 * 1.25 = 2.81x , or +181% damage.

FnR is better but there is a minimum requirement of 40% cdr+boon passive and hardcast rends to proc zodiac. For hardcore you want to think about dropping mantle for stone guantlets. Having too little cdr is not an option in any push situation since wrath falling means no mortiks. This means instant death. You can also play around with passives besides boon for more toughness. Istvans gives dmage worth just shy of two GR gain and toughness and attack speed which help cooldowns as well.

CC+band is great but its lacking the 100% uptime of the FnR buff.

Awesome. That makes things much clearer. I’ll stick with the FnR Core and just stick with BK until I learn the ropes more on pushing play style (use of Ancient Spear, grouping, and hard cast rends). Thanks again you guys rock!

If your sticking with bks change your ww rune to bloodfunnel and your battle rage rune to into the fray.

Yea thats what i’m running. After terrible luck gambling for armor for days, I grinded bounties, reforged legendaries, and finally got ancients with decent rolls for feet, shoulders, helm and gloves.

Need Ancient Chest, Morticks (and Nems for Speeds), Ancient Restraint (for the higher Str), a FoT with Elem/CHD/CHC/Socket…and then from there I suppose its grading paragon and adding augments, then trading out Vitality rolls for Area Damage and such. Anything I’m missing?
Below is a link to my gear you just have to add the https:// since it won’t let me add a link. Thanks!

maxroll.gg/d3planner/367234723

Just focus on your spear/stomp skills. The rest to take care of itself. There is a reason so few people push ww past 130. It easy to play hard to master. Also there is a very large fishing requirement if you want rank high. Skill>fish> gear.

This should work.

Rank 6 NA, 135 in 14:56. Perdition got a jump away from me and my last 3 maps had horrible density, but moths saved the day. Also lost a spitter on a conduit pylon, she had dashed away so used a couple seconds up trying to find her. Super pumped for this clear, 133 to 135 felt huge.

9 Likes

Congratulations Valenwood

1 Like

Yes dude!!! Got my main gems to 150 plus 4 more at 146 that are almost ready for augment. With 3k incoming this FnR build is feeling amazing. I am already doing consistent 2 minute 101s with very low augments. Looking forward to higher page one clears with my new friend Valenwood. Lets get it!!!

3 Likes

Merry Christmas Spinners and other Barbs, and anyone else.
Be merry, be safe, be kind.
Cheers :tumbler_glass::beers:

5 Likes

1 Like

So this season I have gone far beyond what I have any other season in both paragon and greaters. Did a 124 and cleared it about 10mins. Did a 125 and can’t even come close. That conduit is the only reason why I even cleared it like that, I think. The amount of fishing is nuts, as I’ve never really did that. Maybe if I put higher augs than 105 would be a bigger help. But I’m just as happy on what I’ve done.

2 Likes

I looked at your clear to help gives some incite from a gearing perspective. First thing is I would wear COE instead of Zodiac. As long as it is a 195%+ multiplier it will be a decent upgrade. Change brawler for berserker rage and you should be able to drop boon and keep brawler. The season crimson build has no IP so it requires less CDR. Im assuming here but your probably not hardcasting enough or at all since keeping fury up in a bks+bloodfunnel build is not easy. Windshear is required for max fury while HC rending and constant spears. Then that leads me to the absence of istvans set. The 30% damage loss is about 1-1.5 teirs above BKs. The bigger issue is the loss of the 30% armor. At low paragon you need every bit of defense you can find from any source. Damage output was never even a thought until after I started attempts on season 135. Keep working on those main gems. You want them at least equal to the level your clearing. This is where playing zbarb is very helpful. Get those max gems for free power.

EU, Season 22, Rank 186 Solo Barb, GR127, Paragon 1624, 19.4K STR…
https://i.imgur.com/KsUgm4u.jpg

Equipped weapon 1: The Slanderer
Equipped weapon 2: Little Rogue
Equipped ring 1: Focus
Equipped ring 2: Restraint

Cube Weapon: Ambo’s Pride
Cube Armour: Mantle of Channelling
Cube Jewellery: Band of Might
Cube Wildcard: Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac

Associated screenshots of Summary / Records…
https://imgur.com/a/zQO9cpw

First map was Festering, decent progress. Second map was Battlefields with super numbers of elites, but no conduit. If I’d gotten a conduit somewhere on map 2 I’d have knocked 90-120 seconds off that time. So, I reckon there’s a 128 or 129 out there somewhere.

My goal this season is a GR130, as that would be an all-time personal best.
Happy new year, and keep spinning!

8 Likes

Well done, MB! And Happy New Year!

Do you find the IPB set, or the AP/DB setup better for pushing?

The last couple of clears I’ve done were with IPB, and it’s a very noticeable increase to survivability when standing in Pools Of Bad™ and Rotating Lasers™ but there’s also a noticeable difference in speed of killing off elite packs with the Ambo/Doom. I’ve recently gotten another Doom, with slightly better affix rolls than my current one, so I might try them again soon.

1 Like