[Guide] Zodiac Rend (Season 20)

For HC, don’t skimp on defensive stats. If you can get Resist All on a piece as per the guide, do so. Later, when you have better gear and more main stat, you can start to roll off some of that Resist All for something else. But you know, HC is HC, and if you try to cut corners and die as a result, you’ll have to level a new toon.

For a more precise ratio of RA vs Armor, check the FAQ in the OP for a mitigation calculator.

Most likely.

Someone over on the EU forums set up a challenge, where the aim was to beat our best non-seasonal solo GR clearances inside Season 22. Of course, their best non-seasonal was a GR110, and mine’s a GR129, so it’s not exactly a fair challenge but, you know, gives me something to aim for.

As mentioned earlier, if my GR had had a Conduit in it, I could have cleared that GR124 two to three minutes quicker so I know I’ve definitely got a GR125 in me without any upgrades being needed. At that point it’ll be fishing for 126/127, and ranking up some gems for 600 STR Caldesann’s to replace the 500 STR ones I’ve got now.

As for paragon levels, that’s going to be slow as, with the exception of maybe carrying people through GR90s whilst levelling up gems, I don’t tend to play in groups and I don’t zBarb.

132 down in 13:44@1809 paragon. Rank 20 world. Something like 100 keys.

FnR build first test went good I guess. Finally had the cooldown to make it work.
Silly fester spawned a zero progression condi but the progression got me two additional pylons on the same map for 3 total on map#1. Fair to say that map was empty and I was double progression. Followed by two spaghetti maps which I mostly skipped except for the final big rooms for trash kill. Then got a battlefields with a channel and tons and tons of spiders at the door. Nuked the spiders and hit channel for boss. Spawned blighter for which I am intentionally running 1.1 mill health for since he spawns for me all the time. No power!!!

8 Likes

Biiiiig BARB! Way to rep us bro! :metal:

I’m still going at it on NS for now before switching back to my seasonal barb.

Good job, man! You and Kavanagh are both turning in some great clears at much lower levels of paragon than the folks around you on the leaderboard.

Keep it up!

For sure. I wanted to have some fun with the season folks since they like to jab at me for “only clearing 138 with 6k paragon” My first goal was 132 based on other clears so that is done. Now it’s time to grind max gems and have 150 augments ready for good drops when they happen. I did the 132 with only 12.5kish main stat since it was all put in vit. Gonna be fun.

Would there theoretically be a high enough paragon/gear setup this season that a Captain Crimson AND FnR build would be feasible with dropping BoM in the Cube in order to cube both RoRG and ORoZ?

What NOT to do when you hit the perfect first floor. My shameless scapegoat will once again be the waller affix.

I was doing pretty well until I popped the pylon if I say so myself, haha.

Have a vid this time, can I get an F in chat. RIP Molten :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6 Likes

F

Lovely spearwork, and I felt for you when the walled-in explosions started a chain.

3 Likes

Wow…That’s a face palm. Molten very very bad. The entire time I was saying get out of the fire your cutting it too close. The elites will follow you out you don’t need to stand close. That would have been at least a 14 minute clear…

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

1 Like

many f’s…

1 Like

I was so tilted when I ported back to town I instaquit. Forgot to turn in the rift to collect EXP. Double RIP :pensive:

For sure bro, I was trying to navigate that mess of Frozen bombs, Fatty bombs, Double Wallers, Arcane, Molten that I couldn’t see most of the time. The one time I wished there was a Worm Hole affix to get me the F outta there. We were talking this morning about Fatty + Condi and I felt it was coming up so I kept pushing. Finally hit it and I blow the run. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Ty my dude, may RNGesus bless me with another one in 4000 key GR. :pray:

1 Like

Technically yes. It would be the same threshold as non season which is 5-6k. You will see botters fishing 150s with this build very soon. Players are already above 4k.
It comes down to fishing low damage trash which it most cases is what we want anyways. You will see a lot more wearing ambos/doom and cube furnace by the end though. Ambos/doom can still run stomp which is very important. Crimson/FnR would lose stomp for IP which may sound ok but you can no longer pixel stack which is a damage loss even with 60% boost from crimson.
In fact ambos/doom is already being used by a few on this very thread.
Towards the end of season I will be testing all these build so we will see.

And here was me being vaguely happy that I’m almost up to 1300. :wink:

Spawned RG with about 3 minutes left with a Power pylon. What’s a dude gotta do to close this?! ASDFADFKLJALD!

This is the only RG to give me trouble at this level. Why couldn’t any other RG spawn. I can’t even =__=;

3 Likes

Best advice I could offer if you were given a do-over would be to try and herd him into the narrow passage up by the level exit. There, he can’t move around as much. You also would have a better chance of playing “hide behind the Templar” when the holy nova fires, which is really the only way to survive it.

Keep at it, man! You’ve gotten several pretty good attempts in a pretty short time… you’ll get there!

5 Likes

Seriously, what a genius play. I never would have thought of that. Will use that going forward. Good looking out bro! :handshake:

2 Likes

Here’s a couple more that might be helpful:

If in a situation like the one you had there, consider briefly entering the next level. This will often give you a checkpoint, meaning that if you die, you can start right there without a time penalty. Be warned though, checkpoints sometimes don’t get applied at level entrances, meaning that clicking “revive at checkpoint” would send you back to a previous level, which would be bad. So you really only want to try this if the time penalty of “revive at corpse” will make you fail the rift.

You can also use the entrance to the next level as an escape. Like, if you see Raiziel’s nova charge up, you can just click the entrance and not be there anymore for a second or two!

2 Likes

Just come season bro. Your gonna give yourself some health problems.

Har Har, no worries about health here. Just a bit annoyance lol.

Talk about a zbarb’s wet dream, check out this opening progression on a stacked festering.

3 Likes