[Guide] Zodiac Rend (Season 20)

I should have said second lowest of stats that are helpful. For example on boots the optimal stats are str/allres/vit/armor in that order of importance. So for example if you had a primal drop with str/allres/resource regn/wwdmage. What would you reroll and to what? The correct answer is probably either resource or ww to vit. Vit>armor always

This is exactly where I’m at right now - I actually don’t know how to do it. :slight_smile: So uh… I gotta figure that out.

This too, especially as a zBarb noob. I’ve read your guide and cobbled together a decent build for rat runs and pushes and tested out that I can survive by myself indefinitely in GR125 while doing zero damage and having no friends to proc Messerschmidt’s and In-Geom, but I need a friendly patient group to help me learn. Oh well, time to put the big boy pants on! :slight_smile:

I saw this relatively new website that has guides for various classes and builds. It seems interesting. The people contributing to the website include:
Wudijo
Raxxanterax
Rhykker
Rob
sVr
Northwar
Facefoot

Here is the link to their ww/rend guide that was authored by Rob.
https://maxroll.gg/guides/waste-set-ww-rend-barbarian-guide
It has variants based on non-season/season 22, speed, push, etc… In many case,it has the d3planner character images as a visual representation of the “written” builds.

chris, I got your msg the other night. RIP my fellow barb. Let me start up a seasonal zbarb. Might as well go with the crowd as finding teams on NS is almost non-existent.

I’m super casual on seasons though, don’t expect a decked out zbarb right away lol.

1 Like

Forgive my ignorance, but why is MoC such a big buff at 2.6.10?

My guess is that the nerf worked exactly as Deathwish works now. The buff came 1 sec later and was active 1 sec after discontinuing your channeling, which means that it applied on the hard cast rends (your major damage dealer). Now it’s back to applying/vanishing instantly, so no 25% dps increase for hard cast rend. Isn’t this a nerf? What am I doing wrong here?

Zbarb/dh for seasons this time around. DH in solo and zbarb for rat runs is too good to pass up. I made a dh last week and threw 7k bounty mats at it to jump me right into the game. I already have a 138 down in 12 minutes. Been fishing 141s the last two days. The damage this build has is insane. Plus the fact that missile dampener is basically a free conduit.

I don’t think that it continued to run for 1 second after you stopped channeling. It only activated after 1 second of channeling, but once you stopped channeling, it deactivated instantly.

Then for some reason it didn’t work the same way as deathwish. Lexyu has shown the 1 sec delay of deathwish in his videos but I’m not aware of any testing done with MoC and now it’s too late I guess since it changed back.

1 Like

It stayed active for a little bit. It wasn’t a full second I don’t think, but I did some testing in season 20 with the Frozen Orb stutter channeling build, and you could interweave manually cast Frozen Orbs with Arcane Torrent channeling without dropping the Mantle toughness buff (and although I never actually tested the damage directly, it seemed by extension the Deathwish/Etched Sigil buffs too). It was weird though, it seemed to be specific to Arcane Torrent. It didn’t work with Ray of Frost, there was still some residual time but it would drop off just before you could start channeling again after the stutter orb and then you’d need to channel for another full second to get it back. But with Arcane Torrent, the residual time for some reason seemed to extend long enough for you to start channeling again after your stutter orb, and then the buff would never drop off, you didn’t need to ramp up the 1 sec starting time again. But I tried it at different attack speeds and it didn’t seem to vary based on breakpoints, it would work with Arcane Torrent but not Ray of Frost, regardless of your attack speed (or at least for the values I tested). I wasn’t that interested in that build so I never bothered to narrow down the mechanics more than that. Might be something weird with a residual channeling state or something while stuttering in orbs. But if you look at the top wizard build for that season with the high AD Frozen Orb + channeling, that’s how it worked: they stuttered in manually cast Frozen Orbs and were able to retain the Mantle/Deathwish/Sigil buffs because of the slight delay in it dropping off, while also getting AD on their manual casts.

It definitely wasn’t a full second, but you could leverage some residual time with stuttering, at least for certain channeling skills. You can even still see it now, the toughness buff from Mantle of Channeling remains for a short duration after you stop channeling.

Whether that would translate to being able to retain it for manual cast rends even with the delay, I’m not sure. It’s impossible to say now unless someone specifically tested it with Whirlwind + manual cast rends in 2.6.8 or 2.6.9.

1 Like

Hmm, that’s interesting. Maybe it’s because Arcane Torrent’s animation has a sort of built-in delay (each rendered projectile takes some time to travel in an arc to the target)?

Man that’s just whack. A bow class build running around WW style out dps’ing barbs is just embarrassing lol.

2 Likes

So barb life continues. I realized that if im going to be zbarbing for rats and meta I can’t spend time on a dh since I need gear for 3 builds already. So wwrend it is. 1k already and 114 was a one key in 8:43. I will get 116 done today should be a one key as well.

116 done :slight_smile: one key on barracks/spaghetti/spaghetti.

2 Likes

Day 1 of S22 done. Got around 600 paragon and a basic wwrend build. Time to farm mats this weekend and transition into a zbarb. Thx a bunch to my barbro chris for boosting me this morning.

2 Likes

I started the season playing with the new Necro set, just for something different.

I’ve already leveled a Barb, and am working on getting the MoTE set to play around with for a while, but will probably end up getting the Wastes set together and coming back to spinning very soon.

1 Like

Oh, crikey! Pretty tasty for this early in the season…
https://i.imgur.com/SWYgy43.jpg

5 Likes

A 1100 paragon, one augment, no HC, no spear, and still using terrible BKs I had my first failed solo rift in 119. Missed my one key run by 10 seconds. Still great as I was going for top 100 NA with a mess of a speed build in push. I love it though.

2 Likes

Crikey indeed, dats naaaise.

So pretty much 118-119 is the start of struggle for me in season. Pretty amazing considering I use to push 105s before when I was sub 2k and pre-rend. I equipped spear and stomp just so I could handle mobs.

119 down 10 keys

4 Likes

Well , got a couple of nice upgrades . This is in Non Season BTW . Got my Primal shoulders now with AD and Rend . Also got good Primal Pants for a later core build . Got rend on a Chest piece . I can use my AD Primal Gloves but I don’t like it as it seems I get caught between buffing without CDR on gloves . So I’ll leave it at that and keep on the grind for more Paragon . The only thing I think holding me back is Ammy without Physical and my Leg Gems are kinda low . That and I got to get some good Istvan’s Blades . The ones I have are crap . Once I get some decent blades I think I will make the switch to Core and then shoot for higher pushes .

2 Likes

That’s not bad at all , Congrats Meteorblade !