[Guide] Zodiac Rend (Season 20)

Yeah that much trolling may have seen me back to NS in a rage quit.

At the very least out of those 21 I did get a pretty decent ancient with good stats…celebrate the positives I guess :rofl:

1 Like

Hi guys. I’d consider myself relatively new to this. I’m playing HC, currently only at 758 paragon clearing 85. I just picked up a Primal Slanderer and am torn because its lacking CDR and AD (it rolled +%dmg, Str, and Vit). Right now I’m torn because A) i’m rocking 2 ancient BK, which I prefer since I can mindlessly use to grind whilst watching football or tv and B) I wouldnt’ even know which stat to roll off…I’ve read the %dmg is actually important at high paragon when main stat and vit arent as important…so I’m guessing I roll off the Vit for CDR, and then re-roll it for AD later? Is it worth even switching over to a IB build yet?

I always feel like I had a higher chance of dying with IB when I played SC last season. Running out of fury seemed like a big problem and I haven’t gotten anywhere near high to practice utilizing spear, coe timing, etc. Thanks in advance.

Kinda wondering y’all’s approach to augments in season. Looking at chris’ 129/14:10 build I see 4 augments (107-113-113-116). If you were going for total efficiency I guess you’d zbarb up all your gems to 150 before augmenting anything on your rend build, but meh you don’t want to wait that long to push, so you go ahead and drop some augments earlier on. I saw someone mention dropping some 100 augs about now.

I’ve only dropped one augment so far, and that was just a 101 on my tasset for the season journey to get the stash space. I’ve reached 111 (I think I was around paragon 850 at the time), but haven’t really pushed. Still using BK and FC; haven’t swapped to Istvan’s and Spear for a true push yet.

Just managed to get into a rat run for the first time tonight given the guidance here that you need to do that to get your gems to 150. That opens a whole 'nother question about approach to augmenting… need to through some intelligence augments that way. I don’t have a feel yet at all for what kind of toughness specs you need in order to push high. I’m under the impression it’s not that hard but I’ll probably need to throw some intelligence augments there?

Roll vit to cdr in any situation. If your playing season HC? your best option is to gear for the focus and restraint build but in the cube drop mantle of channel for stone guantlets.

@Deathmonger I definitely Recommend zbarbing it up And work solely on your main gems while you farm decent ancients. If you look at my main gems they are around 145s and keep leveling those till they are max obviously. For augments Id only recommend using at least a 100 augment but It needs to be of a piece that is decent and has correct main stat rolls. Don’t waste an augment on a slot that you feel needs to be upgraded soon. Also try to augment items that are both in your push and speeds builds. An example would be istvans. If you augmented it it would be wasted when you are speed farming. Just be smart and as efficient as possible until you have an army of gems waiting then you can be reckless and blast your main stat real high.

1 Like

EU, Season 22, Rank 170 Solo Barb, GR124, Paragon 1221, 16.9K STR
https://i.imgur.com/yK7vjdH.jpg

Equipped Weapon 1 - Ambo’s Pride
Equipped Weapon 2 - Doombringer
Equipped Ring 1 - Focus
Equipped Ring 2 - Restraint
Cube Weapon - The Furnace
Cube Armour - Mantle of Channelling
Cube Jewellery - Band of Might
Cube Wildcard - Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac

Festering Woods > Ruins of Corvus > Festering Woods. No conduit. Could have easily knocked off two to three minutes from this time if I’d gotten a Conduit, as I had five elite packs gathered nicely on the first level, but got a Shield pylon next to them.

7 Likes

Well done, MB!

You going to push all season long?

Just spent the better part of the morning dunking on anti-vaxxers and folks who get their science info from the back of the cereal box–sorry I’m late to the party!

Vit to CDR, and ideally, you’ll eventually use IB swords with CDR and AD.

The Armor bonus from the IB set is too good to pass up as you push, and Fury isn’t an issue if you’re careful about using the BK swords pre-rift to build a full Fury globe and fighting in density during the rift. Either way, you’ll have to move on from the BK set if you want to optimize your push build.

Use the Core build with Mantle and Stone Gauntlets in the Cube, and don’t be afraid to pump up Vitality via Paragon–you’ll want 1 million+ Life.

Thanks! Thats the bummer of the Primal is that it rolled both that Vit AND %dmg…but I know I should be grateful!

Regarding upgrading my gear to ancients…I have all the best types of rolls in my non ancient gear…and I know you guide states that non-ancient with 4/4 rolls is typically better than ancient with 3/4 (assuming 3/4 is the best you can get with enchanting) for example…does this apply for Resist all VS Armor? My Tasset is Str, Vit, Resist, Globe, and I’ve now rolled 2 ancients with Str, Vit, and re-roll to armor that can re-roll to Resist to do Fire resist. Exact same BS happened with the 2 Sabaton Ancients i’ve gotten…they have St, Fit, and Armor, but I can’t re-roll for Resist All due to lightning resistance and poison resist. Thanks!

For HC, don’t skimp on defensive stats. If you can get Resist All on a piece as per the guide, do so. Later, when you have better gear and more main stat, you can start to roll off some of that Resist All for something else. But you know, HC is HC, and if you try to cut corners and die as a result, you’ll have to level a new toon.

For a more precise ratio of RA vs Armor, check the FAQ in the OP for a mitigation calculator.

Most likely.

Someone over on the EU forums set up a challenge, where the aim was to beat our best non-seasonal solo GR clearances inside Season 22. Of course, their best non-seasonal was a GR110, and mine’s a GR129, so it’s not exactly a fair challenge but, you know, gives me something to aim for.

As mentioned earlier, if my GR had had a Conduit in it, I could have cleared that GR124 two to three minutes quicker so I know I’ve definitely got a GR125 in me without any upgrades being needed. At that point it’ll be fishing for 126/127, and ranking up some gems for 600 STR Caldesann’s to replace the 500 STR ones I’ve got now.

As for paragon levels, that’s going to be slow as, with the exception of maybe carrying people through GR90s whilst levelling up gems, I don’t tend to play in groups and I don’t zBarb.

132 down in 13:44@1809 paragon. Rank 20 world. Something like 100 keys.

FnR build first test went good I guess. Finally had the cooldown to make it work.
Silly fester spawned a zero progression condi but the progression got me two additional pylons on the same map for 3 total on map#1. Fair to say that map was empty and I was double progression. Followed by two spaghetti maps which I mostly skipped except for the final big rooms for trash kill. Then got a battlefields with a channel and tons and tons of spiders at the door. Nuked the spiders and hit channel for boss. Spawned blighter for which I am intentionally running 1.1 mill health for since he spawns for me all the time. No power!!!

8 Likes

Biiiiig BARB! Way to rep us bro! :metal:

I’m still going at it on NS for now before switching back to my seasonal barb.

Good job, man! You and Kavanagh are both turning in some great clears at much lower levels of paragon than the folks around you on the leaderboard.

Keep it up!

For sure. I wanted to have some fun with the season folks since they like to jab at me for “only clearing 138 with 6k paragon” My first goal was 132 based on other clears so that is done. Now it’s time to grind max gems and have 150 augments ready for good drops when they happen. I did the 132 with only 12.5kish main stat since it was all put in vit. Gonna be fun.

Would there theoretically be a high enough paragon/gear setup this season that a Captain Crimson AND FnR build would be feasible with dropping BoM in the Cube in order to cube both RoRG and ORoZ?

What NOT to do when you hit the perfect first floor. My shameless scapegoat will once again be the waller affix.

I was doing pretty well until I popped the pylon if I say so myself, haha.

Have a vid this time, can I get an F in chat. RIP Molten :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6 Likes

F

Lovely spearwork, and I felt for you when the walled-in explosions started a chain.

3 Likes

Wow…That’s a face palm. Molten very very bad. The entire time I was saying get out of the fire your cutting it too close. The elites will follow you out you don’t need to stand close. That would have been at least a 14 minute clear…

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

1 Like

many f’s…

1 Like