[Guide] Zodiac Rend (Season 20)

Bro blizzard doesn’t want to do any extra work in the form of nerfs because of you. So they did mob buffs just for your game only. That’s why you died 4 times in a row.

Maxroll.gg 20 character

127 down@1566 paragon in 4 keys. World rank 71.
Also got my first 4man 150 of season done.

3 Likes

EU, Season 22, Rank 147 Solo Barb, GR123, Paragon 1113, 14.6K STR
https://i.imgur.com/SMc6qF9.jpg

Still missing ancients for Wastes boots, Mortick’s and Restraint. Got five rank 100 gems waiting to be turned into Caldesann’s if I get something to put them on. Having said that, I got my first useful primal for the build, a Lamentation with useable affixes.

I checked the leaderboards on www.maxroll.gg for solo Barbs. Tenth page was down to a GR118. I’m not on the list anywhere, despite having done a GR123.

4 Likes

Mr. Blade you are rank 370 in the world. Keep up the good work!!!

What builds are folks using in Season 22? Maxroll.gg is a great site but it recommends using Crimsons but personally I’ve felt F&R with the base build is stronger. So far I think I’ve only done a 123 on HC but haven’t augmented anything and haven’t done any fishing. That’s been with the base build using F&R with the seasonal bonus.

FnR will likely be the stronger build but crimson is far easier to play and put together. Once you start fine tuning your rolls Fnr will take the lead but you will see both go just as high on the boards for awhile. I can tell you getting even an average set of FnR is complete hell. I scored a perfect ancient focus but have yet to see even one restraint. 135+ will be were the damage difference is needed.

I hear you on that, typically my best luck with F&R has been to convert yellow rings to legendary ones in batches of 60 as opposed to bounty mats.

Aslo as a super tanky option for hardcore you can wear band and COE and either of mantle/guantlets then cube the other. Then your cube will be ambos/mantle or guantlets/rorg/zodiac. This build is def behind in damage but in a world of extreme fishing we wwrenders know all it takes is one 80-100% fester with swarms. The 2-3 teir gap wont matter much if you are fishing for swarms/fester. they will die anyways. And is a hardcore world deaths are permanent and it only takes one mistake.

I started off with Capt Crimson early in the season, then switched back to 6 pieces of Wastes, cubing ORotZ / BoM and equipping Focus + Restraint.

Heck, I’ve even found really nicely affixed ancient Ambo’s and Doombringer, so I’m tempted to try out equipping those and swapping the Cube’s weapon slot to The Furnace just to test it out versus Istvan’s.

1 Like

Perfect season to try it

Yeah that’s what I love about this season, lots of options. Per your other message, I’ve done exactly that with regards to stone gauntlets and the tankiness is amazing. I’ve also been rolling with Superstition as my last passive (Ruthless, NoS, Rampage as others) and it’s the most underrated passives in the game with regards to survival. Once I get more Paragon/Augment I’ll drop it but when starting to swim in the mid-high 120’s in HC I like to use it.

Daily rant, I love when trying to help out in the Barb chat I get hit with a rolf, seras doesn’t know what they’re talking about. LOL, close chat and continue GR.

4 Likes

You could also just bask in the glorious knowledge that wolves don’t need to worry about the yapping of chihuahuas, chuckle at what they’re saying, drink a cup of tea and casually post world-class clearances.

3 Likes

Let me see!!!

Chris<----world class clears
Seras<----lowest paragon 140 in the world

Yep case closed. You really don’t know what your talking about.

2 Likes

I don’t think you guys have any clue what you’re talking about. Having said that, please look at my build and tell me exactly what I need to improve, what to put in the fourth cube slot, and while you’re at it I need to know the intricate details of how Ambo’s rends interacts with hard-cast rends and when the hell I’m supposed to hit the rend key.

1 Like

Cant see your profile. You hardcast when your not pulling and or on the move to your next pull or just running to stay alive. Hardcast rend with half second pause in between. It should not be fast tapping. You need hits between so you get healing sprinkled in. Search wudijos 123 barb clear on youtube. This is exactly how I do it. Obviously hardcast on bosses with adds but even on solo bosses hardcast will help your wrath cooldown and heal you from LPF spent.

On a side note 129 down@1655 paragon in 10 keys. World rank 40.

2 Likes

I was just kidding about the people in the barb chat saying seras doesn’t know what they’re talking about but naturally out of my lame attempt at humor came additional great insight from you so thanks. :slightly_smiling_face:

Specifically your comment here about the half second pace, not fast tapping, will help me refine. I think I’ve been tapping too quickly. Either that or I used to just forget to hard cast for long periods. But finally the awesomeness of AD in this build sunk in with me, due in large part to an excellent explanation from one of you guys here a month or two ago.

Do you know if it was a conscious decision by the devs for Ambo’s rends to not proc AD? It’s interesting how a little detail like that can make such a big difference in how high you can clear, and how would the average player know that?

No idea about rend decisions. I do know the community wanted it fixed so rend was meaningful and there was some interaction between user and ability. Yes you can set it and forget it but you are not benefiting from a large portion of damage. If rend did proc auto two thing would happen. It would be vastly more powerful and inline with a GOD DH power wise. And also we would be back to tons of lag issues like before. At least now it is short bursts which for the most part the game can handle except when you pull a 200 count of swarms and ruin your run lol.

The website changed and the links from forums don’t seem to work for US profiles currently. If you add “blizzard” between “diablo3” and “.com” it works.

3 Likes