[Guide] Zodiac Rend (Season 20)

For MOC it would make it so a lot more rend explosions benefit from the bonus. It is a small buff. Ever time you hardcast/spear it falls off and you have a 1 second CD. Now as soon as you ww again the buff will be active. No waiting one second anymore. MOC was basically useless except on RGs before. At most around a +1 GR gain. This will make low paragon play a lot more tanky as well. On top of that since MOC is a core only item the difference between core and crimson damage is even smaller now.

And as for season play. My guess is crimson build while wearing ambos, doom, BOM and COE. Cube furnace, lamentation, zodiac, rorg. Just my best guess.

I’m wondering if a build where you wear F&R and cube BoM/CoE and Orotz will be doable.

Let’s simply try to agree to disagree. You play your and I’ll play my way. I won’t nag you and you won’t nag me. At this point there’s no more horse to beat.:wink:

And thanks for clearing up for me that I was reading into a particular comment.

No because the other 3 cube slots are slot specific. Not like the past season theme. Only the 4rth slot is open to all items.

There’s nothing to disagree about–that’s what I’ve been telling you. Crimson’s only deals more damage than the Core build if you can drop Band of Might for COE. Otherwise, no matter how you play it, you’re at a damage disadvantage compared to Core. And if you drop Band from Crimson’s, you are much squishier than you would be with Core.

That’s it, man. That’s all we’re saying. You take it from here and decide how you want to play and what you want to change. It’s your toon, your game. Have a High Life on me.

The change to Mantle was done for the sake of Wizards, but as for Barbs . . . oof. I see we’re back to being forgotten. The buff to Tribes is worth +2-3 GRs max, maybe one or two more in Season with the extra Cube slot, but it’s nowhere close to what we needed. Everyone will extract it and use it in the Cube and equip Furnace.

I mean, we could Cube Tribes, equip Vanished Peak, and wear Bracers of Destruction for some extra Slam damage, but to dump enough Fury we need Rumble (Physical), and our best EQ rune is Fire, so . . . that’s not going to give us much.

What a disappointing patch. All our other builds are just rotting. If y’all can do me a solid, get in the buff request thread and *make some noise.*

1 Like

I agree. You asked for a 15 GR buff to fire EQ and they gave us 2-3 GRs. lol!!! No one will even test it. Ill take anything for ww even if it’s 1-2% so I am loving the MOC nerf removal.

Yeah, it’s completely useless. Even if there’s some nifty combo in Seasons with the extra Cube slot, it’s not even going to give us half of what we need in terms of a buff. Like . . . what were they thinking?

Maybe they they just picked 3 main classes to focus on(wiz,sader,WD) then barb and monk got thrown a baby bone(almost nothing) and DH got nothing.

1 Like

That’s okay if their plan is to do more down the road. But it would be nice to know what their plan is, because right now, they’ve told us one thing and done something else altogether.

If all they ever give us is that insignificant buff to Tribes, well, that’s ridiculous.

Just reading bits from Free’s post where I was mentioned regarding occy bubble and me going in and out.

C’maaaan dude, you can’t tunnel vision on the bubble every time it’s up. There’s so much more than just sitting there for the entire duration.

• What is the density like?
  • What is my CoE rotation? Will I lose my Phys cycle if I move towards the bubble?
  • What are the mob HP? Will I drop my 25 stack rampage if I move to higher HP mobs?
  • Is the density within the bubble already low hp? If so, they’re likely to die from AD aoe anyways, no need to waste time focusing on them.

There’s so much more to the build than just face tanking in the bubble.

From my understanding, DH just wants some acknowledgment of his build, community feedback and even going as far as requesting notes of it in the OP.

But here’s my opinion on why most of us don’t bother. This game is on life support. There’s not the active player base as there once was that you have enough people that want to stray away from core builds to work on quirky fun rainbow builds. When people come to these threads now, they usually want a straight to the point, get me to end game guide. The sun has set for quirky and fun in my opinion. You do that yourself, just don’t expect veterans to push your idea of fun to the mass majority.

1 Like

Then we’ll just leave it at. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you bro! I appreciate these words.

Hmm… I think you might be right.

Man, I can’t play like that. That’s too much work. I have to be on cruise control.

Yeah my hope is maybe they’re breaking things up between a few patches. Odd to see anything now for barb if they’re going to include barb in a later patch though, but maybe they’re trying to throw us a Morticks bone now.

I’m thinking the season theme may put Crimson version closer to the core build for low paragon players since you’ll no longer be forced to choose between CoE and BoM, but as Chris noted the hot ticket for high end will likely be different than just adding CoE to the crimson version in the open slot.

Just don’t plan on it being better then when the season cube was open to whatever you wanted. That theme was more powerful then this theme IMO…

Agreed on all points. Thanks for filling in the blanks.

As for recognition, the guide is for the optimized build. Its goal is clear in the OP. Folks who opt for an unoptimized version of the build, even for fun, are not the target audience. And let’s be honest. This is D3. If you want to succeed with a build, and success in the game (not necessarily for the player) is determined by GR clears and your ability to push an optimized build.

Which is to say that if you wanna do something different, something for you, cool. Go. For. It. But don’t expect most other folk to care.

Yeah, the Season build will use all the rings, but it’s not gonna be a game changer or catapult the build forward for most players. And I think the shadow clones could be a problem for the build . . . .

I smell a lag party oh yay and the shadows pulling mobs from your piles. Blizzard indirectly nerfing all builds.

Yeah I wonder how bad they will interfere with pulling density. Sounds like they’re to use actual skills, so they will probably CC.

I need to look at the actual runes the builds will use. They have them listed.

1 Like

Assuming the bonus is now a separate multiplier, yeah, it essentially allows your other dibs bonuses to be worth about 3 GRs. The addition of Avalanche only adds about 3% damage.

And extracting in the cube isn’t even a very good option, since it’s really desirable to have the max fury secondary that can’t roll on Furnace.