[Guide] Zodiac Rend (Season 20)

I timed a few 140 RG’s and my Barb took anywhere from 2:50 ~ 3:15 minutes depending on area dmg vs Adds spawned. Didn’t get to try vs Hammy but I suspect that would drop a bit more too.

I assume 6% damage reduction from ranged secondary is better than 117 strength/vit on Morticks? Im at 3700 paragon/pushing 130 GR if that matters

Go full damage as you are running band of might build. If you do want to roll the secondary go for melee reduction or whatever element you have the most trouble with.

chris, looks like we moved up a spot on the leader boards. They took out someone but I don’t recall who though.

I saw. Minininja. Was playing in season and got caught.

Yep, confirmed by blues…

They also confirmed a fix to the EU leaderboards last night, so time for some pushing, teeth grinding and inventive levels of swearing.

3 Likes

Whoa really, they confirmed resolving the leader board bug? Man I really don’t want to grind out 1K keys again to push 138 lol… I had a wicked clear time too.

2 Likes

Something that I haven’t seen mentioned anywhere. I have been waiting for the right drops to even test it but slotting perfect AD/CDR/LPH weapons for a total of 47,900 LPH then switching battle rage rune to into the fray for more damage in large pulls might be ideal. STP give 21,457 per crit. Im at 64.5% crit buffed makes even one max lph roll seem better then that since its on hit not on crit. The loss of perfect 10% rolls on perfect weapons would be 10% overall but a gain from into the fray in large packs of around 25%. If one roll can sustain then it would be around a 30% increase. Rage your the math guy so please tell me if I fell off my rocker. I got one perfect LPH istvans primal already waiting to test just need a second.

Hey chris. I tried something like that and it didn’t work out as I expected… Strangely, the healing from LPH was nowhere near as good as the healing from STP.

The only explanation I thought of is that maybe STP gives you healing from each of the monsters affected by your critical hit (rend radius), while LPH just gives you literally “one” healing per hit.

Hence, in density STP would be vastly superior to LPH.
But this is just my hypothesis.

Hey Chris,

So, I’ll start by saying that your AD/CDR/LPH plan is certainly worth a try, but there are a few things you should be aware of regarding the healing of STP vs LpH.

Healing from STP is discounted by proc rate, which for WW is 20% (I just checked this in game to make sure). That means STP will actually heal only 4292 per crit. However, STP can trigger multiple times from the same attack. So, if a Dust Devil travels through 20 enemies, and let’s say it crits 10 times, you’ll gain 4292 * 10 = 42920 life. When you’ve piled up a ton of density with Spear and Stomp, the healing can be considerable, as I’m sure you’ve noticed!

LPH is almost the opposite. It’s not discounted by proc rate at all, but it can only activate one time per attack. That means if that Dust Devil hit 20 enemies, and you had 20,000 LPH, you would gain 20,000 life. It can proc from both direct WW hits and DD hits, and each of these can get its own proc. So, for each press of the WW button, you generally get 1 spin of WW and 2 DDs, and, if you had 20,000 LpH, each of these could give you that much life (60,000 total).

Anyway, like I said, it’s definitely worth a try. You will probably find your healing in density to be considerably inferior to using STP, but you will also heal much faster when facing a smaller number of targets, like when fighting the RG. And Spear + Stomp + BR:ITF definitely can give you some good returns in the damage department.

On a completely different subject, I discovered something I’d never noticed before: Your LPFS heals you as you degenerate fury (if you haven’t attacked anything for a few seconds). Not useful, but interesting.

2 Likes

Makes sense there was a reason it was not used. If i get the second piece I will test it. One wont be enough I’m guessing. Although healing during the RG is my only defense issue.

Welp 138 down. Was just messin around and I get my condi on a decent fester and a great sands to follow. Very messy rift and bad power and speed pylons. Died once on RG so I got lots of room to play with. Rank 18 NA/Rank 114 world. Basically around the same rank seras would have been if he didn’t get screwed.

10 Likes

Nice job, man! Good luck on 140!

1 Like

Awesome, go for 140 bro! Do you have a vid of the clear by chance?

Congrats!

You’re literally the only player who’s moved in the last 3 months on the normal ladder lol. Good luck on your quest for 140 / top 100 world!

Most players don’t push barb. The fishing needed for these clears coming up makes it unappealing for players just grinding paragon. They get there 140 clear and never touch it again till next era. I only play barb so I like to see those 9-10k rankings below mine. Puts a little smile on my face.

4 Likes

Yeah, it’s a good feeling, bro.

Another round of 110 speed testing went down today. I used the same build as before but with two small changes. Some great gains from my prior testing. I was able to drop one resource roll for a 10% damage which was very helpful. Also changed battle rage ferocity to into the fray. Very happy with the progress.

New times
Best-2:00 worst-3:16 average-2:36

Paragon 5662
main stat 42,092

2 Likes

lolz - ok, season I’m on 1500 and 125 clear. 2 Min runs are 90-95ish range but 110? Hm, 5-7 mins I think :slight_smile: The guide was very helpful even for a (usually) monk only player.

That’s about what you should be doing. The reason I post my times is so other know what to expect. Our push build is pretty much set in stone other then when the ideal time is to switch to crimson. But for speeds there is a lot that is not tested and posted by higher paragon players. Like how many resource cost rolls are needed with crimson. Free and Rage are great at making informative guides but they don’t have the paragon to actually test what is best at these levels. This is why Rage has asked me to test a few things before and I know they use other players as sources of knowledge. I personally find speed progression just as fun as pushing high. Maybe it will give some players motivation to play non season and main barb

2 Likes