[Guide] Raekor Ancient Spear

Good grief, I can’t believe I never noticed that!

Pretty awesome (and kind of hilarious) that you took rank 1 by a mile while you were just trying to upgrade your gems.

Really! I’m surprised I have not heard about that before, that’s a pretty powerful ability then. Does blue circle also “dynamically” lower your skill cooldowns when you stand in it? Usually CDR works on a “snapshot” mechanic.

OMG really. The boys will be happy if that if true. Gonna test it!!!

I really need to know if this is true, is the blue circle the left potion power on the altar?

might be the yellow one. i just got to the point where im actually using them lol

Let us know what you find!

Yeah bottom left.

Yellow/Green= RCR
Blue= Cooldowns
Red/Purple= Damage

Finally decided to push some raekor boulder toss, got 131*(EDIT: i finished 132 without fishing and was sub 1k paragon, im over 1k now but 132 before 1k was cool) down with sub 1k paragon. Also only 3 aug’s in my gear but my gear rolls are pretty solid. I did not fish a single rift. I got really subpar maps but the damage this season is pretty silly.

d3 planner link: h ttps://maxroll.gg/d3/d3planner/677776215
any advice on what to look for upgrade wise?
also how are yall getting mass amounts of gems to augment this season i have like 7 puzzle rings but no ancients.

double post script here: while making my d3 planner i realized i had 0 paragon points in maximum fury because i was running h90 frenzy LOL that should help some on damage…

Tested it in a few of our speed 150s. Doesn’t seem to do anything!!!

I’ll take a look and have some notes for you tomorrow.

Haha, whoops!

Here’s what Maxroll says about the blue circle:

“all your cooldowns are reduced by 1 additional second every second while you’re inside.”

So while standing inside, you should see your skills cooling down at 2 seconds per second. If that did work on your potion… well, I think circles last 8 seconds, so standing in blue for full duration would give you 16 seconds of potion cooldown, and you’d need another 14 to get to full cooldown, or 22 seconds total. So, that’s definitely a decent reduction from 30 seconds (about 27% less time) but not like you’d cooldown your potion in 5 seconds or something.

So: do you really think it’s doing nothing, or just not a very dramatic effect?

I don’t think I’ve ever seen the blue circles affect potion cooldown, unfortunately (though this was only with quick glances and not a proper test).

I think its just a minor effect. Its not going to be something groups do, thats for sure, lol. Maybe the timer just looks like its going faster when im inside? Could be a trick of the eyes. Worst case scenario you are taking more advantage of the triune rings.

Ok Zavek, let’s take a look…

So for more damage, you’re basically looking at both weapons, both rings, and your amulet. Your gloves are quads already and although they are not perfect, I would not specifically target getting a new pair at this point.

300th Spear- Could pick up 4.6% damage from higher damage roll, and 7.5% damage from higher affix roll, plus about 100 more STR, which should be about a 1% gain for you right now, that’s a total of about 13.6% damage you could gain there.

Arreat’s Law- Here, you could pick up 1.8% damage from a higher damage roll. That’s assuming you get a primal without damage %. An extra ~150 STR there would be about 1.5% more damage. And picking up 10% CDR would get you 2.8% straight damage via Crimson, plus better cooldowns of course.

For some reason I can’t see the affix roll on your Arreat’s, but it’s easy to figure out the value of a gain there yourself. You just have to remember to add in an extra 100% “base” damage on both sides of the equation. For instance, if your current one was the same as your 300th and had a 179% roll, then getting a perfect roll there would give you a gain of 3.00 / 2.79 = 1.075 = +7.5%.

So on your Arreat’s, a perfect one would gain you 6.2% damage, plus whatever you could gain on your affix.

Band of Might- a perfect BoM with CHC/CHD/Damage Range would gain you about 7.6% damage from CHC and CHD, and another 7.6% from the Damage Range, though this would cost you a little CDR, so let’s call it maybe 4% net for that roll. So that’s about 12% total damage you stand to gain there.

Compass Rose- getting to perfect CHC/CHD/Damage Range here would gain you about 3.2% damage from CHC and CHD, and again about 4% net for Damage Range since you gain some damage but lose a little too from lost CDR. So that’s only about 7.3% total damage you could gain here.

Traveler’s Pledge- Getting a perfect roll of Physical%/CHC/CHD would gain you 16.7% from the extra elemental % but also cost you about 10% damage from lost Str. So that’s an actual gain of about 6%.

So I’m not entirely sure about your Arreat’s since I can’t see the affix, but the upgrade priority is probably:

300th > Arreat’s > BoM > Compass > Pledge

Got some reakor gear together finally. Can’t for the life of me get decent bracers. Spears are pretty blah (190 ish range) but the armor and jewelry is very strong. Haven’t played a second of it since the last day of season 27. One keyed a 138 lol. I told myself i’d stay away from s-tier builds this season but reakor really benefits a lot from the season themes and makes playing that much more enjoyable. I might spend some time with it…

I’ve now cleared 150 with Raekor 20 times, 10 of those in the last week. I’m not entirely sure why I’m clearing so often now, whether I’ve passed over some threshold for Paragon, or if it’s due to my new amulet, which I Primalized once the new patch dropped. Or if I’m just continuing to get better at playing the build.

None of those 10 runs was quite as good as the one in my last video, though one was close, I finished in 13:02. Wondering how low I can go…

4 Likes

i would play seasons until the end. No real point in non season imo right now. Why waste time? lol
Reakor is really nice with the fury on crit. Im up to 140 reakor, 140 hota, 141 frenzy. 135 IK. Don’t mean to push rend but I might try a 2H build, haha. Heck, you might consider going out playing MOTE?

I’ve always been a non-season guy…

Leapquake is definitely on my list before I go. Not sure if I’ll focus on 141 or 142…

The theme, Rage, the theme. That’s the reason to play. Fun, different. New (ish). Enjoy the 50% damage to bosses with MOTE? Little things like that really change the dynamics and make old builds feel new again.

But there is: To push a build, sans gimmicky Season themes, to the limit.

That’s the only way to know what a build is truly capable of achieving.

Go for it, Rage.

1 Like

He has. 20 times. Same leaderbord. He plans to retire. He hints at boredom. The definition of insanity is trying the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Lol, when was this?

Anyways, how important is +fury on secondary? FINALLY got a primal spear! Str/Vit/Attack with xp secondary