[Guide] Raekor Ancient Spear

I think I need to work on not revealing pylon locations. I just had some luck and cleared a 132, but it was (accidentally) as you said, I hadn’t revealed as much of the map as previous times. I definitely struggle with this as I don’t know when to go pylon hunting vs not.

Here’s Wudijo’s video guide on Pylon spawn mechanics, it is well worth a watch.

As for where each pylon spawn location is… that’s something you basically just have to learn by heart. AFAIK there is no visual reference guide to where each pylon spot is. Just try and take note of any spot you see a pylon in a Greater Rift, whether you are pushing or not.

2 Likes

Not related but anyone know how we are given the altar wings? Just finished it all but there are no wings anywhere. Not in mail and nothing to click on. Reread the patch notes thinking maybe I missed something.

Several people seem to have had this issue. I think closing the game and restarting does it.

Yah I logged in right now and I had them.

1 Like

Well, the first Barb 150 of Season 28 is in the books!

Unsurprisingly, it comes at the hands of Enryu (엔류). Done with 1265 paragon, in 11:01.

He’s using the setup I recommend in the OP for once you’ve unlocked the altar, with one change, which is to use TS: Demoralize instead of War Cry.

The next big step up in damage would be to fit in CoE instead of BoM. This might be possible at relatively low paragon by taking Messerschmidt rather than Furnace, and running IP instead of War Cry or Threatening Shout. Of course, that costs you Furnace, but CoE adds as much damage to everything as Furnace does to elites, plus you would end up with more WotB uptime. And, hopefully, almost 100% uptime on IP when it counts (otherwise you will probably die).

This makes Barb the 3rd class, behind Necro and Wiz, to complete 150 this season. I would expect most if not all classes to have done 150 by next Friday.

3 Likes

Sorry for the late reply, Rage. I’ve been blasting S28 during the whole weekend.

That Non-Seasonal clear, the 1st floor was Field + Swarm with Channeling and Conduit, and the 2nd floor was Stinging Winds + Ice clan warrior with Power. RG was Infernal Maiden, knocked her down in around 1m 20s at the entrance of the 2nd floor, tried to maximize boulder collision.

Regarding setup, SG + Demoralize works well for me, and for sure that extra para definitely works. As you know, this build doesn’t have one ideal setup for everyone because of its unique low HP mechanism. The point is to find setups that allow us to keep HP as low as possible without dying. Maybe Eso + APD is the best choice for your para, as I used it in S26 at around 3K, but it’s a bit tanky for me now.

Anyway, I watched your 13 min clear. That run was also great, especially that hut for boulder collision. I didn’t even know that place!

Actually, it wasn’t even challenging… I had 13k str and some broken gears, but it only took 3 hours to climb up from GR 130 to 150 step by step, and I spent a total of 50 keys, around 10 to GR 150.
This season theme is really crazy.

2 Likes

Thanks for the notes on the non-season clear. Good, little mobs like Swarms or Accursed seem like the ideal mobs for a Demoralize setup. On the 2nd floor, did you use the Power to pick up your remaining progression, or save it for the boss?

Thanks for your kind words on my clear- I’m no Enryu, but I do my best!

As for the season: what’s next? Super low time with Raekor? 150 with all Barb sets? Something else?

That Power was at the right down the entrance, so I saved it for the RG.
I was already at around 85% progression, and ice clan warrior was good enough for the rest.

I’m sick of Time Attacking, did it too much last season and won’t do it again. I’m thinking of trying just one more Raekor run after completing gear farming and augs.

The only goal left this season is Frenzy 150, my favourite one :slight_smile:

4 Likes

You could try “garbage gear attacking”- see how bad a gear kit you can do 150 with! That’s basically what I was doing with WW/Raekor setup this past season.

I’ll look forward to seeing your Frenzy 150 on the board!

2 Likes

you guys are crazy. I just got my bane of the trapped to level 50. :wink:

Nice stuff! I’m with Apache on this one, lagging a bit, only at about 114GR but this is a crazy season. I’ve got plenty of upgrades to go and probably can do higher with my current gear still.

For some reason the game wants me to play IK as I’ve had 3 primals drop for it: facepalm.

Enjoying Frenzy for the moment can’t wait to try Raekor with these buffs!

Unlocking all of the alter stuff is taking some time. I have the shrine/power pylon potion going now so that is helping. The pets picking up and salvaging everything just blows my mind. Can see how that fury on crit power helps reakor. I haven’t gotten to it yet but I tried it with IK HOTA/H90 combo and didn’t need any fury generating passives or fury of the ancient shoulders to stay full.

Im doing 1:30 110s on GOD. Just put 3x 125 augs on my 3 primals im wearing. This GOD buff and alter combined make this build literally plow low GRs. All the defense from the alter really transform this build into something else.

The staff of herding is seriously dumb. I hope they buff the drop rate. I don’t want to spend my entire season just trying to finish the entire altar.

Hoping to get Frenzy and UE going after that to start getting paragons up. I discovered the lightning rune recently on Tal Rasha and it really speeds up the build, though not to the extent of the former two sets.

I’m currently just waiting to get my next challenge cache so I can keep unlocking the alter.

I also unlocked the potion buff and I really enjoy it. I tend to hit it on cooldown which makes it fun when pushing and I suddenly need it lol!

Thanks for the heads up on GoD this is the first time I started with Barb instead of DH. I really want to do a 150 this season and then I’ll probably start rolling other toons.

I didn’t play the first day because it was too laggy & I had to work at 4 am the next day. Taking today off to catch up. Gonna see how far I can go, lol. Gems are 100+ and im 3 augs in.

1 Like

Hi rage! Hope you are enjoying the new season! Stopping in the thread to ask about gems this season, as last season I played Invigorating/Stone gauntlets but since we have no CC from the Shrine, what would you replace the Invigorating with? I was considering a Zei’s Stone?

Also without the whirlwind sanctified power, should we just resort to IP? I have not played the build yet this season and I’m a little concerned about how hard its going to be to group mobs without WW sanc power.

Thanks!!

Hey Zavek, nice to see you. I put a link at the top of the OP for the setup I recommend for S28 once you have the altar unlocked. It’s the 2nd link up there, the 1st one is for non-season.

I don’t recommend IP since you should get CC immunity from the altar anyway, you can’t keep IP up all the time without PoC belt, and Stone Gauntlets gives more mitigation than IP (especially since that then leaves you a skill slot to run War Cry). Bottom line, if you want more toughness, run War Cry where you ran WW last season. Or, if you want a little help grouping enemies, you can run TS: Demoralize. This is nowhere near as effective as last season’s WW pull, but it does help out some.

Mostly, you are going to need to make your groupings the old-fashioned way, by aggroing mobs and having them run to you. You can check out either of the GR 150 clears (non-seasonal) I have on youtube to see how I do it, which is mostly by throwing rocks at mobs until they come to me.

As far as gems are concerned, you can certainly try running Zei’s immediately (so Zei - Trapped - Stricken). If you find yourself dying, you could run Esoteric instead of Zei, and then you should be really tanky. BoM + Esoteric + Stone Gauntlets is an immense amount of defense, especially with still more altar defense buffs piled on top.

I hope that’s helpful. Just let me know if you have any other questions. Good luck!

The non season push build doesn’t use IP for Rend. Band of might with the other defense in the build is plenty.