[Guide] Raekor Ancient Spear

Thank you, kindly. I’ll test it out today looking for the GR129 clear.

Thought I had it last night with the Orek’s, which was a short Battlefields into Festering, which had 8 elite packs on it, but no conduit (got a Speed instead). If it’d had a Conduit, I suspect I would have had an 11-12 minute clear. Ho-hum, the joys of fishing.

1 Like

anyone know if hexing pants of mister yang gives resource cost reduction bonus in relationship to wearing captain crimson?

It ought to. Shows up on your sheet I believe, so should be easy to tell.

edit: nevermind, HPMY increases your resource generation, not your RCR.

dang. there goes crazy plan #3.

Haha, not likely! The only person I would not actively bet against doing that this season is amBADASSador, who is at 26xx and GR 145 currently. Would be cool to see though!

Sounds like your 150 rift was not even all that good. Seems like a Power in the right spot could shave at least 1:30-2:00 off your time!

I’ll look forward to hearing about your adventures with CoE setups… but do you really think that’ll add more damage than just swapping Esoteric—>Zei? Or were you planning on taking both Zei and CoE?

just jumped up a few spots above you rage. gotta keep you motivated!

Haha, short lived!!!

(just 1-keyed 134 and then 2-keyed 135)

baaaahhhh! I will catch up. Was trying if moratorium (the legendary gem) did anything at higher GRs. It sadly does not.

Haha, I’m sure you will. I think you’ve definitely got better gear than me, a bunch more mainstat too I’m guessing. I’ve got around 15k.

Hmmph. Threw around 40 keys at GR129 yesterday. Closest I got was 15 min 05 seconds, and that would have been a clear if the late pylon I got was a shield instead of a speed, as I took a 10 second death penalty during the boss fight. Either I need to fish a bit more, or put some more paragon on.

I’m also tempted to delete a non-seasonal hero to make room for re-making the same thing with my non-seasonal gear (got full primal Raekor pieces in the Stash, and primal spears) and paragon, just to see what all the extra armour / damage gives me.

What boss was it? And what setup are you using? Usually, Speed is a much better pylon than Shield, since it doesn’t interfere with missing life damage bonus, and speeds up both Stricken stacking and Fury generation, which adds a good chunk of damage.

And, what map was it? You can always just click “revive at checkpoint”, and let the boss teleport to you, unless it’s a “no checkpoint” map (definitely Battlefields and Desolate Sands, and I think there may be one other).

138 clear:

This took under 20 keys. I had 3 keys that would have better clears, but didn’t get good pylons to spawn. I had a really good cemetery where I kited 2 packs and 3 champions, but spawned Shield (which I didn’t use) and Speed pylons, so it was a bust.

2 Likes

The Skeleton King equivalent. The death was due to the first spread of fireballs he did.

Two maps of Keep Depths. Something I’d usually abandon early on, but there was an initial Conduit very early on that over-rode my “sod this small rooms and lasers nonsense”.

How much Physical resist is too much (diminishing)? Right now I have 1700, is it overkill?

3500 might be overkill. 1700 is A Okay.

1 Like

Getting more Phys resist is nearly always good, or at any rate, definitely not bad, especially if you are using Esoteric.

I wrote a pretty in-depth breakdown on that here:

Esoteric, Resists, Armor and Barb - Barbarian - Diablo 3 Forums (blizzard.com)

1 Like

Yeah, that “arcane shotgun” does a ton of damage, and is essentially undodgeable at short range. It’s no problem if you’re using Esoteric. If not… :skull:

But, if you only took the one death, you probably would not have killed him any faster with a Shield. Extra Stricken from the Speed should more than make up for those lost 10 seconds.

Then yeah, probably could have saved a little time by reviving at checkpoint. SK is a good teleporter, he’ll jump to you pretty often.

Okay Rage, I have an exciting new spec that just passed you again, lol.

2 Likes

Well done! I tried that setup a couple days ago and didn’t have the mainstat to stay alive. Glad somebody gave it a shot.

Not sure if I’ll overtake you this time, think I have nearly run out of steam on this season.

I’ve been wondering, did they have an agenda placing the new Raekor in a low A tier? ,:thinking: