[Guide] New + Returning Player's Guide (Season 20)

Free I cleaned up my imgur links for the 1-70 part of the guide so once you fix the links they’ll show the whole image now directly in the post instead of needing to click the link to see the full image. Also the damage section looks good!

Thanks!

I think I fixed all the links. This guide is better than ever!

I just noticed I need you to correc the rune for Seismic Slam under Leveling Tips. Looks like I started to type Rumble but stopped, realized that was wrong, then never changed it lol

Can you please make that Stagger? Thanks!

Fixed! Thanks for catching that!

Let me know if there’s anything else that needs to be corrected or tweaked.

2 Likes

Thanks bud! I’ll give it a full read over this evening.

********** 1-70 in 1-1,5 hrs ***********
(Since 2.6.5)

1. New seasonal character
  2. Challenge Rift for mats (35 x DB + A1-A5 mats + shards + gold)
  3. Blacksmith → lvl 12 → [lvl 70] Rare 2H-MW
  4. Follower’s weapon (Enchantress’ Dagger better)
  5. A3 → Kanai’s Cube (KC)
  6. Upgrade Rare 2H-MW (KC/r3) for GoJ/FotVP/BotT (1 try, btw 3 of 6 = 50% chance)
  7. Kadala (@ lvl 1) for PF pants (1st) > BotFM/BoD bracers >> LS boots > BoM ring
  8. Cube it (KC/r1)
  9. If got (GoJ+BotFM) / (FotVP+BoD) → Goto T1-4
  10. Lvl 8/10 → dmg rings/amu
  11. Every 4-5 lvl → 2H-Swrd (Axe): (8) 15 (16) 19 (21) 23 27 (29) 32 (37) 38 (41) 44
  12. Lvl 40 → 2H Mace 70 level with CC → RLR (Up to 30)
  13. Profit

(*Opt: Puzzle Ring (31 lvl, Kadala@24 lvl) + Custerian WGs (lvl 34, Kadala@27 lvl) → Vault)

I’m not really sure what you intend. You posted that without context. Can you clarify?

His version of new seasonal character lvling guide.
It works if you can get lucky on both the MW and RLR weapon, otherwise scratch it…

I have a pretty comprehensive leveling guide already in the OP. I don’t know how much value that adds other than maybe some certain rNg aspects you can go for at certain levels.

Yes, I read it carefully
There isn’t the most important point
MAIN VALUE IS: Since last patch (2.6.5) we can GET GoJ / FotVP / BotT @ lvl-1 (due to 35*DBs addition to Challenge Rift Cache) → so immediately (if lucky, 50% chance) goto T2+ → level-up 1-70 in 1-1.5 hrs
(Like I did in S17)
Feel Free :wink: to add this [the only but significant] point to yr GUIDE if needed

Upd: One more point:

1. PF pants are 1st choice as a huge help to get a massacre bonus - just run into mobs (3+) crowd with any 2H-Weapon to melt them
  2. Pox Faulds + Lut Socks [+Weapon Throw] = permanent massacre bonus (@ A1 HoA3 / FoM)
    So actually U don’t need much most of skills - just Run’N’Throw (better Jump’N’Throw) thru the crowd :wink:

Not exactly
We need RLR (reduced level requirement) on lvl 70 Rare 2H-Mace @ lvl 40+ - it’s almost 100% in some tries (common mats required)

Yes, exactly. Some seasons the weapon just would not roll the RLR, but if it does, lvling is WAY faster for sure. It is still luck anyway you look at it…

Sounds good, mah dude, and will do. But in the future, please explain that in your first post so we all know why you’re posting it in the first place :smiley:

EXACTLY NO
Persuader
Crafted 70 lvl Rare Two-Handed Mace
Possible secondary affixes are:

• Chance to blind
  • Chance to chill
  • Chance to fear
  • Chance to freeze
  • Chance to immobilize
  • Chance to knock back
  • Chance to slow
  • Chance to stun
  • Ignore Durability Loss
  • Life after kill
  • XP after kill
  • Reduced level requirement

If U craft 2H-Mace already with crowd control secondary affix (as i noted), that’s most likely (8/12 = 67% chance) - U could reroll other secondary affix to RLR pretty easy (1/4 = 25% chance) in a couple of tries - not a problem at all!
Btw if not - 1/12 (just 8% with low priority affix weight) - I agree, tough as hell!

Yes, Sir!
Since duplicated it in a main thread with more detailed discussion, shortened it here a little bit )

This would be true if all affixes had equal chances to roll. But “Ignore Durability Loss” and “Reduced level requirement” have much less chance to roll. So with “banned” crowd control you usually get “Life after kill” and “XP after kill” 5-10 times in a row. Fortunately you can remove one of them if you craft a weapon with “Life per hit” primary affix.

IMHO chance to get GoJ+BotFM or FotVP+BoD is too low. So there are two different strategies:

1. Gamble pants. Gamble bracers. If you got bracers just put them in the cube and save your regs (with some luck you’ll add a weapon/jewel to the cube later). If you didn’t then craft a weapon.
  2. Gamble pants. Craft a weapon. If you got a good weapon then gamble a helm/boots/belt. If you got a bad weapon then gamble bracers.

Updated the 1-70 guide a bit to include getting the Cube earlier and trying to roll a 2H Mighty Weapon off the bat to throw in the cube for a massive multiplier.

1 Like

let’s say i get the HotA weapon and the seismic slam bracers, or the other way around.

what do i prefer then? the bonus from the weapon, or the one from the bracers?

Looking at Kadala https://www.d3planner.com/game/63573/kadala for the newest patch, i don’t see 2-handed mighty weapon as an option for lvl 1 Barbs. And it looks like other classes lost some lvl1 options as well (DH doesn’t have daggers listed anymore).

Looks like the exactly those items that were used for gaining an early advantage were removed.

Does anyone know if it’s something wrong with the D3Planner, or Blizzard really did remove the possibility to get those legendaries at lvl1?