[Guide] MOTE6 Earthquake

I just noticed on the PTR that it’s not a shift of the blue affix to be a legendary affix but a whole new legendary affix multiplier on top of the blue affix.
wow, that’s confusing. why would they do that?
If that is what they do then at least that is something which can be considered a noticable buff.

I mean the whole idea I had before regarding dual wielding IB would be not only bad but completely and utterly obsolete if that’s the case.

anyone think that’s a bug or intended?

1 Like

Oh, haha, whoops, I didn’t realize you hadn’t noticed that!

Yeah, right now it has both a 200% multiplicative bonus and a 200% additive bonus. If the weapon goes live like that, it’ll be about a 7 GR buff to the build, which ought to put super-high-paragon players at 140 - 141, if they’re willing to put in a lot of keys.

Nobody knows it it’s a bug or intended- Blizz hasn’t said anything about it. I guess the 3 likely outcomes are:

• Only the multiplier makes it to live, at 200%.
  • Only the multiplier makes it to live, at 600+%. (600 is where you would break even with having both 200% multiplier and additive).
  • Goes live as-is.

Having both a multiplier and a big dibs bonus is very strange, but I honestly wouldn’t be surprised at any of those outcomes.

3 Likes

correct. so at this point we can only sit and wait.
a real buff and not only a shift would make more sense I guess :wink:

1 Like

Regardless of which of the three options goes live, I guess this means another of my existing primals becomes useless. Yay!

3 Likes

Me too, man. Currently collecting bounties for rerolls…

1 Like

and on it goes Bro…

2 Likes

I really hope we end up getting a ~600% bonus on the legendary power (Or 800 to match GoJ even?! :slight_smile:) just in terms of the lowered RNG layers to get a good Tribes. Having to get a good DIBS roll on top of everything else will make rolling a good one a pain. Although I guess if the entire bonus is legendary power then the Tribes will likely be cube fodder anyway, which is kind of sad to me, so I guess I’m torn there.

See I’m better off than you guys because I don’t have very many existing primals to become obsolete! :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m also collecting bounty mats for the re-rolls. My playtime is still super casual at a few hours a week, but I’m hoping to have about 2000 bounty mats to roll over into my NS account when the season ends…which if you consider Primal 1:400, that might get me a Primal haha. I actually am at the point where I think coming up with the 20k souls will be my limiting factor with reforge. Need to run more GR I guess!

2 Likes

Honestly I don’t expect it to possibly change. This isn’t Barbs patch really they just gave us this one item to I assume see how well this brings up Leapquake which we all know isn’t enough. Even all the big streamers agree its not enough for Leapquake but at least a step in the right direction. Here’s to hoping we get more changes in the future. At least we can say its nice to see this 8 year old game still getting patches every season and that they continue to attempt to improve everything. In the end I ain’t complaining.

5 Likes

Well, not necessarily. If you carry Furnace, you lose some max fury from the secondary, which makes it harder to cooldown your Leap. That means you pretty much have to take Gogok rather than Zei’s, which costs you some damage…

A lot of the highest clears have come with Zei’s- Highest overall (Archael), highest lower paragon (me), highest phys (the Korean player 루시엔) , and highest too back when MOTE6 was at 5600%, a Fire 120, I think by the Chinese player FW6263.

I think “all damage in the multiplier” will ultimately give the most options. For Phys, carrying FotVP will be the best, since you get an extra LPFS roll, which is great. For Fire players who are just starting out, carrying Furnace will often be the way to go. But if you find a really good Tribes, carrying it still might ultimately be the best overall option.

Also: got TL3. Guess all it took was handing out some likes!

4 Likes

Well, kind of. My LeapQuake Barb has 8/12 of her gear pieces as primals and the hardest content I’ve ever done with her was the MOTE set dungeon. I’m not sure she’s even been inside a GR, so it’s not that much of an issue other than her looking fancy in my hero list.

1 Like

I question greatly whether the stat line increase % dmg for EQ on Blade of the Tribes is a good idea, though I agree the build needs more damage overall and could get much more from this weapon’s legendary affix itself. Granted the 2h meta for this build with BotT has been the case for some time, but considering that potential buffs and reworks of the item are being considered, I think it is better not to include this line item, because it mandates taking this item and only this item in wep slot with no wiggle room. The reality is is that while this is a build which seems good with a 2h weapon, this leaves no room for playing around with weapon choice in hand, it must be this weapon and no other.

My thought would be get rid of the stat line EQ dmg on BotT, double the damage or something in the affix, and maybe make a 1H with EQ dmg so there is some potential for dual wielding in this build (I recall an old build which used Sankis and something else dual wielding). It just seems unnecessary to lock down a weapon slot, especially a 2h wep, necessitating that one must get an excellent BotT to use this build maximally. Unlike in a UE build, where Yang’s is definitely optimal for the RCR roll, one could still use something like Dawn in mainhand while looking for that optimal Yang’s (not that anyone would, but you could); but in this case it seems suicidal not to take the dmg bonus offered as an affix on the item.

I guess what I’d like to see is flexibility in gearing choices, and this feels to be overly predictive and restrictive of an optimal build and I’d like it to change.

1 Like

Thank you for the guide, I’m getting my butt kicked a little less now on PTR. A 115 feels like a 150. lol.

1 Like

Good gravy, MB! I know you don’t like the way the build looks- what with all the jumping up and down- but you should give it a try. It really can be very fun to play!

Sure thing, man! If you have any specific questions, I’m happy to help you out.

1 Like

It is also a question of how hard it is to get a good weapon. If BotT stays like it is right now on the PTR it will be a mandatory item that needs to be primal at all cost.
Usually a very good rolled ancient will do the job however rolling the correct stats, good weapon range, close to max blue affix AND very high legendary affix will be really nearly impossible to get.

It is already a difficult weapon to roll as of right now, it’ll become ridiculous when it goes live like that.
Has to be primal, no other way around unfortunately.

2 Likes

Yeah I was thinking about that too. You’ll need to roll high weapon dmg, high orange text EQ damage, high white text EQ damage, AND the right stats? D:

Hopefully they roll it all into a 800% orange text, like we’ve been asking.

2 Likes

Yeah, if it goes live as-is, it’ll be the new Flavor of Time.

2 Likes

I want cold leapquake to become a thing.

2 Likes

Well, you can play it now, it’s just that it’s not very good, at least for pushing. The issue is that your quakes will render mobs cc immune in 7-8 seconds. After that they’re basically just regular Earthquakes without the added damage of Molten Fury or the grouping of Cave In.

It’s pretty good for speeds, though. You can run with In-geom in the cube, Parthans as bracer, Squirt’s as amulet, and Zei’s in a gem slot (Zei-Trapped-Stricken or Zei-Trapped-Powerful). Quakes freeze everything and make sure you get both the Trapped bonus as you leap by, also makes it fairly unlikely anything will hit you and make you drop Squirt’s. If you want even higher chance of 100% Squirt’s uptime, you can run Trapped-Zei-Gizzard.

1 Like

PTR changes coming soon lets see if they tweak Tribes.

4 Likes

What is the perfect end game/high paragon glove rolls for this build. I just had quad primal crit/cdr/area/str gloves drop. wanna know if these are garbage for me if i ever play around with any of the slam or leap builds? I have saved all primals over the years of farming ww perfect. Don’t even know what I have on my mules. Gonna be exciting if they ever make something OP sader style for us.

3 Likes