[Guide] MOTE6 Earthquake

Great clear Rage. I predict you’ll have a 140 soon :metal:

1 Like

Thanks guys!

Hard to say. Pre-follower-patch, I estimated that Lightningquake was maybe1- 2 GRs weaker than Fire leap. And of course, Lightning got to pick up FoT, which is better than Fire picking up Squirt’s. So, overall, they ought to be pretty close now.

As far as “at my paragon level” is concerned, I don’t think there would be a problem, though you might have to use a Tribes with LPFS in order to get some healing while WOTB is down.

Hoo boy! No promises on that one!

2 Likes

Bagero has grabbed the top spot on the NA MOTE leaderboard- GR 141 in 13:04. 12k paragon, so not one of the most impressive clears on the worldwide boards so far, but still a solid performance. Congrats to him!

2 Likes

He’s thrown the gauntlet down for ya Rage. 142 is in your reach :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Haha, maybe I’ll have enough paragon for that in 3 or 4 more years!

1 Like

David#1641 snagged the #3 spot on the NA MOTE board. 137 in 14:52. 5643 paragon.

Congrats to him!

A dilemma!

Found a primal MOTE chest that would be very close to perfect for a high paragon player: STR, AllRes, EQ%, Melee Reduction secondary. For somebody with lots of paragon, rolling STR --> Elite Reduction would make this piece nearly ideal. (My current chest is Ancient with STR, VIT, EQ%, Phys Resist secondary).

I, however, am not a high paragon player, and almost certainly never will be. If I roll STR --> Elite Reduction, I end up with about the same toughness as with my old chest, but about 2.25% less damage. This would, admittedly, increase the effectiveness of my healing from LPFS a bit. But, at this point, I frankly need damage more than just about anything else.

If I leave the chest as-is and add a decent augment, I gain about 0.3% damage, but I lose about 4.4% of my toughness.

Final option is to roll the 2nd secondary (+XP) to Missile Reduction. This, again, gains me about 0.3% damage, but still leaves me about 2% less tough.

I dunno… maybe I’ll try going for the Elite Reduction - AllRes - EQ and then pull even more points out of vit to recoup my STR. I’ll be a bit more vulnerable to one-shots, but I should heal better. If it feels terrible, I can always go back to my old chest and save my new one for some day in the future.

2 Likes

That sounds like a good plan. Sometimes you just gotta test new things. It keeps the game feeling fresh.

1 Like

Trophy chest for sure, I’m leaning towards Str -> Elite Reduction as well. If anything, you can save it for long term goals.

1 Like

its just 650 str. It’s not like its a helm. GO FOR IT!

1 Like

Here it is:

I’ll probably set it aside for a while, may try using it with a Strongarm + Zei setup for some extra defense once I reach 4k paragon… maybe sometime next year!

sweetness. Other than a secondary it is perfecto.

Now gimme one like that for the waste set with rend! :star_struck:

I thought you already had one like that! I seem to remember a post where you were comparing several different chests, one of which was mainly defensive, like this one…

I do, it’s a puny ancient with 11% rend or something lowbie like that. Can’t reroll the rend % so it’s kinda useless just sitting there as a reminder of what could be.

Bummer. If I could somehow convert this chest to a Rend/Wastes chest and hand it over to you, I would. It’s not going to do me a whole lot of good sitting in my stash for a year!

If elites arent hurting you that much you can always reroll the str.

Nah, Elite% is a pain in the butt to get, a very low probability roll, so I’d rather not roll it off again. And besides, elites (and especially bosses) can definitely dish out the punishment. Someday, that chest will be gg… I just might not ever get to that point. If I wanted to use it now, I should have rolled +XP to Missile Reduction.

I’m satisfied enough with my current chest- Str + Vit + EQ% + Phys Resist is a good lineup, and a perfect chest at my current paragon would probably be a primal with those stats + Melee Reduction.

With all the buffs the devs have been dishing out recently, I think being able to farm up to 5k paragons should be less of an issue for dedicated players like yourself. I’m sure there’s soon (ie with this next ptr) going to be some kind of speed meta that will allow very high and fast clears superior to rats or birds. So putting on that gg chest piece may be a reality at some point.

But I digress. I should get going on my own Leap push I’ve been wanting, but I keep going back to my Bird. I like that build way too much to put it down, ha.

Well, the only thing that really gains me much paragon is pushing, because I don’t farm XP…

I have a few rules I follow:

1. 100% SSF only. Even for wretched bounties. I haven’t deviated from this one even a single time in the last 6 years or so.
  2. No farming XP. I instituted this one some time in 2018, I think, and have completely stuck to it ever since.
  3. No builds stronger than MOTE for leveling up gems, getting paragon, whatever. The only exception to this was when Frenzy was stronger than MOTE. Since Free asked me to write the guide to that build, I really couldn’t not play it. Of course, it’s now no stronger than Leapquake.

Do it! You’re going to push with Phys, right?