[Guide] MOTE6 Earthquake

The new CMs show little to no interest in class communities, and even less in addressing specific class community requests.

Really wish Nev was still here.

1 Like

Nev was too good for us.

I can confirm mods are still doing their duty in the background as several topics I’ve posted in have been deleted. But nada on communicating anything.

2 Likes

I’ve recently been using Squirt’s a bit with my current normal setup, “Rage 2”, which uses Parthans + Leap:DfA (Stun). And I’ve discovered that with certain all-melee mob types, I can sometimes build up my Squirt stacks, often all the way to 10, without a Shield pylon, since the stunned mobs aren’t able to hit me. In addition, when I eventually do get hit, there’s really no consequence for that extra incoming damage, since I’m sitting on top of a big heap of stunned enemies, and my DR is through the roof due to Parthans.

3 Likes

Man, almost just bagged 137. Just needed a Power or Shield for the boss. No such luck.

Edit:

Damn, another one! Four minutes for the boss, just needed a Power… nada. :unamused:

2 Likes

That’s more like it! GR 137 down.

3552 Paragon. Rank 21 on NA board, still Rank 2 on MOTE board (though should still probably be rank 3, since Kavanagh’s unrecorded 137 is probably in better time than my 14:56).

A very nice rift with one major flaw: no Power pylon. (3 pylons total: Channeling - Conduit - Shield)

I don’t think I’ve ever completed a high clear before without a Power… thanks, Squirt!

9 Likes

Grats man! Really impressive.

That Squirts + shield makes me wonder about using it for LoD HotA. It’s probably the tankiest barb build so the extra damage shouldn’t matter much. My ancient fire squirts only has 72 CHD, so definitely not worth swapping my HF until I get a better one. I have a 20/100/10 non ancient one I could use on my leapquake though. I can see it being super useful either during big dangerous pulls or on the RG, like your video shows.

1 Like

Thanks Poco!

I think Squirt’s would certainly work well with LOD HOTA… might be a bit more efficient vs the RG and a bit less efficient vs density, when compared to Leapquake.

With HOTA you can reliably hit the boss rather than spawned elites (thus stacking Stricken where you want it- on the boss). Not to mention that HOTA has better single-target damage, anyway. In density, HOTA’s damage radius is just the 20 yards you get with Bloodshed, whereas with Leapquake you can burn down an entire screen of trash all at once:

But, yeah, I think it’s definitely worth trying with LOD HOTA… hard to argue with doubled damage + damage immunity for two minutes!

1 Like

Congrats on the clear. I noticed you got squirt stacks for about a combined 5 or 6 seconds outside of the shield pylon. Did yoy use a gizzard or zei? Then also do you think you should have popped the shield at 99 so you could use the stricken more?

1 Like

Thanks! I used Zei. I’ve tested a bit with Gizzard and it’s really not very helpful. Your shield gets popped pretty easily and then it never comes back unless you completely exit density for a few seconds.

Popped the shield at 99… you mean 59? Well, if you do that you lose out on a whole minute of Shield time, not to mention the 10 seconds it takes to get to max stacks after you grab it, so then you’d really only have about 50 seconds of double damage.

I think grabbing it with 2 minutes left is probably best- at least with the timing I had. At that point I’d already been fighting the boss for about 2 1/2 minutes, so she already had a good heap of Stricken on her. And going from, say, 0 --> 500 stacks is a bigger benefit than going from 500 --> 1000 stacks. Plus, you get some AD procs from the Nems elites on the boss, which helps offset that lost Stricken a bit.

No i mean right before the boss spawns so your stricken stacks dont reset.

Hmm, not sure what you mean. Stricken stacks independently on each target, so there’s not really any Stricken stacks to “reset” when you spawn the boss.

Sticken works on 1 target

So if you are hitting the boss for a minute, say 60 attacks (for example) it stacks 60 times. When you popped the pylon and started hitting other enemies it resets.

No, that’s not how it works.

Stricken can only stack on one target per ICD window, but you can have as many Stricken stacks as you like, on as many enemies as you like.

Example: you are leaping up and down on one enemy. Stricken is stacking on that enemy. After a bit of time, you build up to 100 stacks.

Then another enemy wanders over, and you are hitting both enemies with your leap. There’s a 50/50 chance of either enemy getting the next Stricken stack. But the first enemy’s stacks don’t reset to zero when the 2nd enemy gets a stack. They both build up stacks independently.

So, after another bit of time, the first enemy might now have 150 stacks on him, while the second enemy has 50 stacks.

Solid clear bro! I see you’re already onto 138, go get it! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hey Rage congrats on a great clear!
Do you think the Lightning Quake version can push this high at your paragon level /comparable gear?

1 Like

Great clear Rage. I predict you’ll have a 140 soon :metal:

1 Like

Thanks guys!

Hard to say. Pre-follower-patch, I estimated that Lightningquake was maybe1- 2 GRs weaker than Fire leap. And of course, Lightning got to pick up FoT, which is better than Fire picking up Squirt’s. So, overall, they ought to be pretty close now.

As far as “at my paragon level” is concerned, I don’t think there would be a problem, though you might have to use a Tribes with LPFS in order to get some healing while WOTB is down.

Hoo boy! No promises on that one!

2 Likes

Bagero has grabbed the top spot on the NA MOTE leaderboard- GR 141 in 13:04. 12k paragon, so not one of the most impressive clears on the worldwide boards so far, but still a solid performance. Congrats to him!

2 Likes

He’s thrown the gauntlet down for ya Rage. 142 is in your reach :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Haha, maybe I’ll have enough paragon for that in 3 or 4 more years!

1 Like