[Guide] MOTE6 Earthquake

Agreed. If I’ve said it once I’ve said it a hundred times, but any system that forces you to throw likes around, or make regular posts (regardless of whether you’ve got anything of value to say) just so you can maintain your own guides is a ridiculous one.

3 Likes

I hardly ever post anymore, but I do put a few likes down here and there when it is deserved, I also throw out a odd Flag when needed for good measure and I am still a Regular kind of guy :star_struck:! I am the one person I know who needs TL3 the least, go figure! :thinking: :crazy_face:
:peace_symbol:

3 Likes

Welcome to the new and improved Blizz communication :shushing_face:

Agree with all of these, it’s a completely broken system.

When known trolls are able to hold a TL3, yet those who actually help people and genuinely contribute can’t hold a TL3, or can’t have it because of an infraction, there is something very wrong.

But as per above, don’t expect anything better. It seems every time they promise better communication, it actually gets worse than it was before they made the promise.

5 Likes

Windigo,

On August 17, 2020, Blizzard reduced the requirements to become TL3 and you were one of the forum posters who met the new requirements and maintained TL3 to this day.

I also received confirmation from one of the CM team about the reduced TL3 requirements. Personally to date, I have interacted with two members of the new diablo community management team and had positive experiences. I am not sure the number of posts required to be/maintain TL3. I did notice that one of the recent/current TL3s only has 48 total posts in the last 10 months.

Yeah, posting a lot is not what really makes TL3. They don’t want to encourage post spamming.

2 Likes

Unless it changed, I think the minimum post requirement to become a non-manually awarded TL3 was to reply to 10 different threads in total. There were other requirements of course, but making posts was very modest requirement.

New Forum Guide - Syntax & Features - General Discussion - Diablo 3 Forums (blizzard.com)

Some of the requirements noted in the link above definitely became less in mid-August.

For manually awarded TL3s, one of them has 22 post total where 2 have occurred since April 2020. Another manually awarded TL3 has not logged in over 4 months and last post was in August 2020. Therefore, it would appear that there is not a high bar for posting to maintain TL3 for either manually awarded or met through forum requirements.

Well, this afternoon’s almost-but-not-quite run certainly started auspiciously: Battlefields with a crazy good haul of Transformers. Not only that, but an elite with illusionist skeletal summoner minions, and a conduit. Left the level with the largest lead I think I’ve ever had exiting a level one…

https://imgur.com/a/dTyZ2ji

But, the second level was Corvus, and my lead shrank, and shrank, and shrank…

Ouch! How many keys did that one cost you?

Keep going, you’ll get there! :muscle:

1 Like

Not that many so far… just under 100 I think.

1 Like

99 too many for my liking :joy:

2 Likes

You want to get the clear in -3 keys?! :wink:

Schrödinger’s MOTE
That’s where you both have and have not cleared the GR and you don’t know which it is until you open the box and find out that the Barb is dead. Or something like that…

1 Like

That basically happened a year or so back when Nubtro got a rank 1 HC clear but died from a Voracity poison cloud right after he’d killed the boss.

One key wonder :rofl:

1 Like

LOL, the exact same thing happened to me once. I remember thinking dang, would have sucked if this was HC. But then again, I don’t have the discipline to play HC. :rofl:

1 Like

This afternoon, for a change of pace from my 135 push, I ran a handful of 130’s. No fishing- just played each rift as it came up, and each with a different setup. 3 successes and 3 failures, including one with an insane 45 second RG kill using Power + Channeling pylons.

That seems about right: I can do 126 pretty much 100% of the time, 130 50% of the time, and 134-135 once in a great while.

5 Likes

Cleared a 130 using Physical Leapquake with just one key. Since Earthquake has gotten a significant buff via Blade of the Tribes, it is now advantageous to load all damage into EQ, rather than trying to maximize Seismic Slam damage as well.

So, I used Tribes + Furnace + Strongarms rather than the classic Tribes + Fury of the Vanished Peak + Bracers of destruction. It felt stronger than I expected… maybe because Cave-In procs Strongarms over a wide area.

Between the wide application of Strongarms + the packing of Cave-In, this setup is probably only about 1 GR weaker than Fire.

7 Likes

Got my 135 (with Fire) squared away today, too! At this moment it’s the highest MOTE clear on the NA leaderboard.

6 Likes

Boing! Boing! Boing! RAWR!
Congratulations!

1 Like