[Guide] MOTE6 Earthquake

Hmm, well, that depends, I guess, on what you are going for.

For instance, if you want to play the most powerful EQ build, then you should probably pick between the “StrongZei” and “Rage 2” Fire Leapquake variants I describe in the OP.

Or, if you want the most powerful build that primarily deals damage with Avalanche, then I think it’ll be the setup I described yesterday.

If you’re after fun rather than power, I guess it depends on what you find fun. If mostly standing in place and spamming SS seems fun, then I think the setup you posted will do ok, though you might be better off taking another look at Prokahn’s Slam guide (and, there is a S+B setup for that. Have you ever played it?).

Or, if what’s fun to you is a setup that gets as even a share of its damage as possible from EQ, AV, and SS, then I think you’re going to want a build that doesn’t use GoG anywhere, and applies about as many AVs as it does EQs. This is because each MF EQ does 6k% weapon damage, while each AV does 2.4k%. So, even taking DI’s 200% dibs buff into consideration, that’s only about a 20% advantage to AV, if you are applying the same number of EQs and AVs. And it’s easier to apply EQs faster, due to Lut Socks.

So, I think the “even-split” build looks like this: D3planner.com

Your cycle will be Leap - Leap - Leap - AV - Stomp - Slam, with TS and hard-cast EQ thrown in when they’re off cooldown.

It gets pretty even portions of its damage from each of its 3 major skills: SS, EQ, and AV. And each makes use of a different element: Fire for EQ, Phys for SS, and Cold for AV, equalizing the elemental damage bonus via SoJ.

You need to keep the cooldown of AV below 13.64 seconds for this to function properly.

Anyway, you get the idea: there are lots of different setups to try out, depending on what sounds like fun.

3 Likes