[Guide] H90 Frenzy: A simple guide

Aughild and FoT - okay I’ll give that a go to.

H90 will be an extremely versatile season 20 build.
With the cube and multiple weapon-armor-jewelry slots, almost endless possible builds.
Elite killer, speed, defense, several ways.
Should be fun during the season…

1 Like

You are a Boss Rage, thanks for taking the time. Personally, I think it’s back to MoTE and a Slam variant for my HC season but thanks to you, Free, and Prokahn, all I ever have to do is hit the clip board and send would be inquiries here, much appreciated. Oh yeah, can’t forget Basshead taking over S4v4G3’s HoTA guide, he deserves props too, even if the build is on the back burner for now.
Cheers

1 Like

Great stuff, Rage! Thanks for helming this guide!

2 Likes

Rage you are the best! Great guide, great points overall!

Also if You want less mobility but higher toughness, You might give Leap-Iron impact a try. On ptr I was able to push 2 GR tiers higher with Leap, then with FC-MA.

1 Like

Use this:

Thanks for this great guide! Do you think this build has a chance of competing with Whirlwind in GR push?

1 Like

how about lon/lod type ? is the diff so far that make lod/lon set not worted ? i plan to put bask mighty weapon to spend my accumulated fury since it kinda wasted to not use it after we go collect it so far

Its about 5 GR’s behind. Maybe more, now that H90 got the stun in the 2-piece. I plan on using it until my set is mostly ancient, but be ready for some real dps loss.

The good thing about LoD is that it’s very tanky, so if you want to do chill 100-110’s it’s a great option.

Bash isn’t going to be doing much for you. It just doesn’t have enough multipliers. Your fury is doing a great deal for you just by keeping it full. It gives you 25% damage from berserker rage, and if you’re using AC it’s giving you 50% DR.

1 Like

Fantastic and in-depth info, Rage. Thank you so much. :slight_smile: I plan on starting with a IK Barb this coming Friday and switching to the new set and doing a Frenzy Barb later.

EDIT – One quick question…any potential for top Frenzy Barbs to be chosen as RGK in public groups? I know Crusaders are the go to builds, but just wondering in lower public GRs – like 120s, if a Frenzy Barb would be just as good.

1 Like

Possible, but not likely. Saders are just flat-out better RGKs, and in Season, so are Necros. Most folks are going to want the better, quicker, more efficient option, and that won’t be a Barb. Still, you might run into a few folk who don’t care, and that might give you an opportunity.

I suggested L:II in my little writeup on the build before it even hit the PTR. When I tried it out there what I didn’t like was that I’d often find myself stuck on cooldown just as an arcane beam or molten explosion was about to murder me. For serious pushing, it also makes it really tough to get around and pick good spots to fight. And the animation on Leap is much longer than for Charge, which adds up to lost damage.

All that said, the extra armor is hard to argue with! I’ll probably add a mention of the skill in somewhere.

No, I don’t think so. Because of the way this build divides up damage, you can’t fish for density the way you can with WW. With H90, I think you pretty much go from GR XXX, which seems super easy, to GR XXX + 5, which feels super hard. Because your damage doesn’t scale up in density, you just sort of suddenly hit a wall in terms of how far you can progress.

Well, I don’t think they will be “just as good”, but they can certainly get the job done, at lower levels. If you enjoy the build I suggest you try offering your services on some pubs as an RGK, and see what happens. If that doesn’t work, maybe try to find a clan that is not too stubborn and grumpy.

What about dropping CoE for Broken Promises? Looks good on paper.
https://ptr.d3planner.com/718261252

Yeah, Rend does a better job at scaling via AOE and Area Damage. Frenzy’s damage is, past a certain point, relatively static, and I think folks are going to hit that “wall” much faster with this build than with Rend.

Anyway, may I suggest adding a bracketed “Guide” to the title so it’s even easier to identify the thread as such?

Also, question: Nowhere in the guide does it discuss the optimal way to torment skeletons. Is that omission on purpose?

3 Likes

OK that’s what I thought… I will definitely play with it for a while, but I don’t plan on spending any augments on it if It cannot go as high as WW solo (except maybe if it ends up being a decent RGK for groups)

Thank you that’s epic.

Nice work Rage, thanks for the effort into this.

So we’re back to trying to drown peoples keyboards again I see
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Thanks for making this guide.

A question though: If you go with an Aughild setup, and thus dropping APD, Azurewrath still continues to be the preferred offhand due to the Freeze procs from chains helping to clear trash right?

1 Like

Yeah that’s exactly what happened to me on PTR. I got 129 on frist try and spent 3 days fishing 130’s with no luck. At that point most mobs seem to become an obstacle.

Great guide Rage! Thanks for doing it! We need this sucker pinned.

3 Likes