[Guide] 2.6.7 MOTE6-Fjord-Echoing Fury-Slam +136

Free was posting a similar list to yours on the PTR if I´m not mistaken.
I just looked at the EU leaderboard and highest Vile Charge clear in NS is 133 and 130 with R6 Hammer, but the Hammer guy has 4K less paragon. So it makes sense to put them so high just going by live.

That being said, I hope that Crimson Frost and LoD HotA can bridge the gap next patch, at least to Vile Charge. If Archael cleared 128 with Permafrost and the buffs we got are at least +7, it should be higher. Again, as I mentioned earlier LoD HotA > Permafrost on live and LoD HotA will be at least +5 compared to its current clears so it should in theory also beat Vile Charge next patch (plus the fact that these builds require much less fishing than Charge makes them more attractive).

I´ve seen no PTR data regarding R6 Hammer. It´s got a moveset syndrome, no idea what you would switch out for Ancients to equip Remorseless.

Anyway, this is just my assumption, I have nowhere near enough info about the current state of the Barb build performance level and unfortunately, given how most people usually copy the best performing build, it´s not going to be easy to figure this one out.

EDIT: The 133 guy (darkpatator) cleared 140 with Rend on PTR and assumed he´d be able to clear 143 with it, if it went live. Lamentation 3x bonus loss is -7 levels on paper, so Rend should in theory still be around the 136-137 mark for those 10k paragon players.

IMO Crimson Frost could very well attack the 135-136 mark next patch, if the 10k players gave it a try. I just hope that they won´t nerf the PTR Fjord Cutter and Destruction values.

1 Like

My main build has been Phys Slam, with tribes. I use animosity (extra fury for extra Slam damage) + weapon master for full fury globe, to hit as harder as I can possibly can, every cycle of leap + slam cycle. Although EQ helps me clear, I always felt the Slam damage was the most relevant one.

Now with destruction changes + Fjord rework, I feel like trying this approach with FotVP (instead of tribes) with Fjord on cube. Now Slam is my only source of damage. Still have to think which belt I should use. Still have to figure out how to keep full fury all the time, since I’ll lose Tribes synergy with might of the earth

PS: I accept suggestions

yes I was not aware of how much this might be a different, right now I have IB with skill cool downs and resource reduction, hard to find one with CDR + AD :slight_smile: but I am on it :slight_smile: thank you. if I get it on blades I will have 130% ~AD

1 Like

Surviving is not an issue so I will stay with Rubies for now. Motricks + IP7sec+zodiac (108 GR clear). Zodiac gives me a lot of up time on WOTB (dmg% + DR + LPF), which is better for me then Falter.

I did 120 this weekend. Festering Woods + Pandemonium. Support + (useless) Defense + Power (had to run back 20 sec to use it on RG). Monsters were Soldiers but without Shamans - wasn’t as bad as I thought.

2 Likes

Normally if you used BOM you can go Rubies as opposed to Diamonds in your gear.

2 Likes

I’ll try this the next weekend.

I am waiting for the patch to go live to test new build.

Echoing fury and Fjord is definitely good when things are dying fast.

I want to test pig sticker as well as a shield.

I want to test Zodiac + Shield.

Guys, I’ll be using Rumble Slam (FotVP equipped, Fjord on cube) at the start. The thing is: Fjord’s power requires enemy to be slowed or chilled. What’s the best way to keep enemies slowed in a big AoE radius, intimidate rune on TS? I feel that Bane of the Trapped won’t be enough to apply the extra damage to all enemies around me.

I think Nubtro have runned some tests, perhaps him or someone could throw a light at the topic.

Edit: my inspiration to try this out came from one of Nubtro’s posts, where he stated that this variant actually cleared higher than Phys Slam using Blade of tribes. Can’t find the post, though

Yeah, that’ll probably be your best option. How will you be generating your fury? Via Lut Socks / Earthen might, or with Fury of the Ancients?

Yeah. Once the patch hits, basically every slam build will be better than basically every EQ build.

RIP Leapquake…

P.S. Did you see my 124 clear with Phys Leapquake? I was thinking of you as I labored away.

2 Likes

No, I didn’t know, please share!

I might try both. Lut socket + leap sounds better, though.

Here ya go.

1 Like

Nice one. Didn’t try the build with FoT yet, because I do not have the interest to farm for it. I had great results (for my paragon) with Animosity + Weapon Master

Rage, one more thing. In this FotVP + Fjord cubed variant Nubtro stated that he saw some 250T popping up. Checked your video and you managed even higher than that against RG + power pylon and stricken stacks with Blade of Tribes. I think we will have our first quadrillion damage with “Hammer Slam”, as I will call it

I sincerely hope you’ll shout “you got slammered!” the first time you see a quadrillion crit.

1 Like

Well with the WW nerf and limited playtime I’ll have this season due to birth of my second son I’ll be giving this build a whirl to push with.

1 Like

Alright my friends, time to release the kraken.

I have a feeling this build will hit 143 (I hope) with 9000ish paragon and 150 gems.

Or maybe not. Loss of armor from losing istvan is creating DR problem. A shield is nice but then we losecechoing fury buff and fast zodiac resets.

1 Like

Crimson Frost - Endless Walk, Band of Might variant, patch changes:
— Istvan -> Fjord + Echo
— Zei -> Gogok
— Ruthless -> Weapons Master
118 in 11:28
119 in 12:42
120 in 13:06
121 in 13:11
122 in 12:52
123 failed sub 16 minutes, really bad rift
123 in 14:54
124 in 12:10 good rift, #5 EU upon clear
— 3893 effective paragon (paragon 2443 + 1450 augments), 26k Strength

Have to go sleep now…good luck Permafrosters!

2 Likes

117 about 1800 paragon. Finished at 14:30 smt.

Stil room for push but the loss of armor from istvans evident at low paragon.

Might need a def. passive

Arch ckeared 135 top on the lb right now.