[Guide] 2.6.7 MOTE6-Fjord-Echoing Fury-Slam +136

Thanks. But it’s only 119 yet. It took me just several attempts to do 118 and I was lucky to do 119 on the first attempt. Probably I will be able to do 120 with some fishing.

That sounds right to me. I guess the Ruthless bonus is a bit like CoE in that it will always provide at least this much benefit, and often significantly more, based on specific conditions (i.e. AD procs from enemies below 30% health).

I just cant get enough of multiplier dmg buffs in this build. You need to stack all multiplicative buffs to see its dps potential. Especially in single target once the buff kicks in.

Pro, you should try the Zodiac approach. On live this is what I have been using as of late:

Cube: FoVP; BoD; RoRG
Equiped: MotE5, CC2; Rogue, Slanderer; EW; Zodiac; Morticks
Gems: Trapped; Stricken: Gogok
Skills: WotB; CotA; Sword to Ploughshares; Leap; SS Permafrost; IP Iron Hide
paragon: 2.5k augments 530 str x 11 approximately 3.8k effective

Because I am using Gogok, I was able get rid of CDR on my Compass Rose for 6% crit and still run at 65% CDR.

There is around 60% less damage reistance but the healing is about twice as good compared to my GR120 clear using Storms build. If my calculations are correct this should do 28% more damage to mobs within 10 yards, 13% more damage to mobs within 10-30 yards and 9% less damage to mobs over 30-40 yards away.

I am running with 600k health and I haven’t failed a GR115 in around 20 runs. I have popped open a few GR121 and I have enough defense and it appears so. I might push this later this week to see if I can close out 121.

1 Like

Yes I ran zodiac. I am struggling with DR in Archaels version. But Storm’s working better at my paragon.

1 Like

You will struggle with DR with zodiac, this is why I got rid of bloodshed for sword to ploughshares. The extra healing means you need less DR. It is half way between Storms build and the max dps build which Arch ran for his 128 clear.

2 Likes

MotE5 not Wastes :wink:
But I don´t get the purpose of Zodiac over Band of Might.
80% damage reduction for what, a bit more WotB uptime?
Basically you never have to Slam 100% of the time during a clear.
– IP is a damage loss vs Falter / OPKS
– Gogok is a damage loss vs Zei
– Ploughshares is a huge damage loss vs Bloodshed

Could somebody tell me what exactly Storm´s setup is? And also the one from Archael? Thanks in advance.

Nubtro pks check the guide. It is storms variet with CC2. You can loom at the rubric table on top as well.

Well I logged into US server and found Storm @ #29 - GR 122 in 14:44

• paragon 2425 + 1228 augments = 3653 effective paragon
  • 63.44% CDR (32.9 sec WotB cooldown)
  • Endless Walk + Band of Might, cubed Cassius
  • Trapped, Stricken, Zei
  • Ignorance is Bliss, Bloodshed
  • Rampage, Ruthless, No Escape, Boon

This is basically what I am using except I have Mortick over Cassius and run an offensive skill (Falter or OPKS) instead of IP. I must really suck at this game because I´ve only cleared 117 so far in like 3 keys with 200 more effective paragon.:thinking:

I can´t find Archael´s clear on the leaderboard though. I´ve watched the video.

Not on the leaderboard because he’s got a 130 clear with Leapquake.

Correction made to MotE5 on the original post, thanks for catching that.

Here is Storms build:
Cube: FoVP; PoC; RoRG
Equiped: MotE5, CC2; Rogue, Slanderer; EW; BOM; BOD
Gems: Trapped; Stricken: Zies
Skills: WotB; CotA; Bloodshed; Leap; SS Permafrost; IP Ignorance is Bliss
Passives: BoBK; No Escape; Ruthless/Earthen Might; Rampage

Here is the build for Arch’s 128 clear:
Cube: FoVP; BoD; RoRG
Equiped: MotE5, CC2; Rogue, Slanderer; EW; Zodiac; Morticks
Gems: Trapped; Stricken: Zies
Skills: WotB; CotA; Bloodshed; Leap; SS Permafrost; IP Iron Hide
Passives: BoBK; No Escape; Ruthless; Rampage

As for changing to zodiac over BOM here is my reasoning. Essentially every build comes down to limitations and most of the time it is due to lack of DPS. Looking at the build BOM provides zero damage directly. It may provide you a way to add damage indirectly because you can choose more offensive skills/passives/gear.

Personally, I prefer constant damage vs spikey damage. When you have spikey damage, you can lose Rampage stack, IB stacks, and EF stack which most people don’t pay attention to. So stopping/starting SS based on running out of fury is bad for my play style.

Also I find it easier to add 50% DR with one item than it is to add 50% damage with one item. Most of the time to get 50% more damage you need to add 2 or 3 items.

Storms build has BOM, IP IiB, PoC, IB armor, Leaps added armor and CCs added damage resistance. This is really tanky so trying to optimize the build, can you back off the defense to gain more offense?

Leap really needs to stay, same with IBs and CCs. IP IiB and PoC serves 2 functions, healing and extra damage resistance and you cannot run this build without a healing source. Both of these can be replaced with a single item (Morticks) provided there is 100% up time on WotB. With 100% up time on WotB there is approximately a damage increase of 30%. So taking out the BoM/PoC/IP and adding Zodiac with Morticks is a net increase of 30% damage. Now just the DR needs to be made up.

The easiest is to add IP Iron hide back on to the skill bar any other rune and you will have down time on IP. So the net change at this point is 50% damage reduction plus 30% more damage for vs 80% damage reduction. (damage increase is higher than this actually because no stacks fall during a sustained fight and it stacks stricken a lot faster so shorter RG fights). This is the build I recommended for Arch to run on as he has so much paragon he probably doesn’t need any more DR.

This loss in damage reduction for the rest of us is a bit much for most people to take. Extra damage reduction/healing needs to come from some where. Also with CDR in every spot it is very easy not to have IP and WotB up 100% of the time, most need a little extra CDR to make it work without perfect play.

To get the extra CDR, you can change Zies to Gogok. This looks like a big change in damage but it isn’t. First you gain close to 10% more damage by increasing your CDR bonus from CC’s. Seconds you attack 10% faster and heal 10% more from the ASI bonus from Gogok. For mobs close up you this is the second damage increase compared to zies with BOM.

So to your points,

I slam for several minutes continuously when pushing. The good rifts you clear in 2 levels. The only time when I am not slamming is when I enter a new level and waiting for the RG to spawn. Everything else is continue to slam and drag elites/mobs with me.

For Storms build you can increase your damage by dropping IP for Killing spree or falter but what are you using for healing bloodthirst? To add bloodthirst you have to drop Ruthless which would give you a net increase of less than 5% for inferior healing and 50% less damage resistance? If you go with Morticks how do you heal when CotA is down? I tried it and it wasn’t pretty but it may be better for someone else.

Getting rid of Bloodshed was hard for me to do. When you calculate it, around 10% of your damage comes from bloodshed if the mobs are close. If mobs are at a distance it is 0%. When the mobs are close, the vast majority of your damage comes from your area damage because area damage can hit multiple mobs. Zies and Bloodshed are polar opposites. Most builds should have one or the other not both.

Playing the build I find it easier to clear GR115 with this new setup than I did with Storms also not paying as much attention to distance is nice.

1 Like

Thanks for the explanation, I understand your point of view.
Regarding healing, I run Life per Hit on one weapon. Coincidentally, I also have Life per Hit on Rose. I´d say ideally you´d have that on Bracers instead of Vitality.

I don´t really have survivability issues when WotB is down. Also Fury doesn´t run out as fast either, considering I am full when Ancients end, generate some with Leap and from incoming damage. It is worse against the RG, I run out of Fury faster so at the moment I simply auto-swing every other attack to at least get the Stricken stack. Note that I´m missing CDR on my BoM so that´s another 3 seconds, which would be huge for me.

Still, the difference between BoM and using IP without BoM is another 60% damage reduction, which is a crap ton. BoM is the single best legendary power the Barbs have, OK it was, before Mortick was reintroduced.

EDIT: Gogok DPS increase
24 fpa - 2.50000 Slams per sec (dual-wield, Istvan, paragon, WotB)
22 fpa - 2.72727 Slams per sec (dual-wield, Istvan, paragon, WotB + Gogok)
(60/22) / (60/24) = 1.0909
+9.09% DPS from Gogok attack speed increase while WotB is up

28 fpa - 2.14286 Slams per sec (dual-wield, Istvan, paragon)
25 fpa - 2.40000 Slams per sec (dual-wield, Istvan, paragon + Gogok)
(60/25) / (60/28) = 1.12
+12% DPS from Gogok attack speed increased when WotB is down

|skill CD | CDR | WotB | IP | setup |
|36.56%|63.44%|32.9|11.0|6 + Crimson|
|31.07%|68.93%|28.0|9.3| 6 + Crimson + Gogok|
1.6893 / 1.6344 = 1.0336%
+3.36% DPS from Gogok CDR increase → Crimson damage bonus increase

So this is

• 1.0909 * 1.0336 = 1.12756 (+12.8% DPS) while WotB is up
  • 1.12 * 1.0336 = 1.157632 (+15.8% DPS) when WotB is down

If you run Zodiac, you don´t really have WotB downtime so this is where the calculation ends, Gogok grants you +12.8% DPS. My rank 116 Zei grants +1.328% per yard of distance, so to equal Gogok I need to Slam at least 10 yards away from monsters (obviously No Escape requires >15 yards).

If you don´t run Zodiac, the CDR increase also increases WotB uptime.

• from 32.9 sec cooldown to 28 sec cooldown
  • from 60.79% uptime to 71.43%

WotB buffs:

• +50% DPS from Insanity
  • +13.63% DPS from ASI ((60/22) / (60/25)) when you have Gogok
  • +13.63% DPS from Crit Chance increase (0.676.1+1) / (0.576.1+1)
    Total of +93.68% DPS from popping Insanity.

Now I don´t feel confident about calculating overall Insanity DPS increase when taking WotB uptime into account and I haven´t eaten breakfast yet :smiley: but I can try:

• 60.70% uptime = 0.607*0.9368 + 1 = 1.5686376
  • 71.43% uptime = 0.7143*0.9368 + 1 = 1.66915624
    1.66915624/1.5686376 = 1.06408
    +6.408% DPS increase from WotB uptime increase

Now back to our previous result

• 1.0909 * 1.0336 = 1.12756 (+12.8% DPS) while WotB is up
  • 1.12 * 1.0336 = 1.157632 (+15.8% DPS) when WotB is down

Gogok grants you 20.03% - 23.18% DPS if you don´t run Zodiac.

• 1.128*1.06408 = 1.20028
  • 1.157632*1.06408 = 1.2318
    My rank 116 Zei grants +1.328% per yard of distance, so to equal Gogok I need to Slam at least 16-18 yards away from the target.

Zei at 20+ yards is stronger than Gogok DPS-wise, but Gogok is a very good alternative, especially in non-Zodiac variants, given the survivability boost (dodge chance) and increasing WotB uptime (dodge, healing) it provides.

Oh well, to my defense, I used Gogok in my HC clear :wink:
I´ll test both in multiple runs when I finally get a proper CDR BoM.

EDIT: Oh crap, forgot to take Bloodshed into account :confused:

• more procs while WotB is active
  • 20 yards damage loss vs main target, although it damage enemies around you during rift clear

1 Like

Hey Nubtro, just so you know, we fairly recently discovered that the Zei’s bonus rounds down the distance quite significantly. You actually get the 10 yard bonus even at zero yards from your target. You get the 20 yard bonus starting at 11 yards. (It also only reads off 10 yard increments, not yard-by-yard)

See this thread for info: [Suggestion] About Zei's Stone of Vengeance

Good analysis on Gogok.

There is another problem that comes with Zies. Your BOD only effects the first 5 (soon to be 10) mobs hit and these are always the close mob. So a greater majority of the damage you do is done to the closest mobs who get the smallest bonus from Zies. This decreases the effective distance of the mobs for Zies and has zero effect on Gogok.

Lastly, Gogok stacks stricken faster on the RG. When pushing it isn’t uncommon to run into a RG that takes 3 minutes to kill. Anything that decreases the RG fight can have increases your overall dps. If you can drop this to 2:30 seconds (just as an example) that is 3.3% of the time it take to run the GR.

On paper Zies is better than Gogok. My in game test shows that Gogok is nearly as good.

Just a side note, Gogok combined with Zodiac turns out to be aweful on PTR. All the bonus from attacking faster goes away because the EF, and Fjord attack speed doesn’t let Gogok hit the next break point.

I haven’t ran with LFPH. For me I don’t have trifecta weapons if I did I would have to give up around 1k strength. Running around 20k Strength that is around 4-5% damage reduction for extra healing. On the bracer it isn’t any change to dps if you aren’t required to put more paragon into Vit. On my ring that would be giving up either physical damage/CIT/CHD each adds around 7% dps.

These changes it is getting close to 1 more GR worth of damage to run your LFPH.

About Zeis and Gogok discussion:

If you choose to go with Zeis, you have to select bloodshed. Because, Zeis damage buff from distant mobs (hit by a large cone), enables very powerful bloodshed procs (I saw 5-30T bloodshed procs). If yo go with Gogok, then you may or may not drop BS.

Also since we have been playing this build for a long time now, as you know its damage is situational. How you place yourself and no of mobs are important. I think the easiest way to see the most optimized setup would be a d3planner analysis with some cases with diff no of mobs and hit distances. I think I can look at it but I ll wait for the 2.6.7.

Thanks, nice vid by the German player there. I´m not really following stuff these days and can´t remember the last time I checked game mechanics :slight_smile:
But if IIRC Zei was dynamic on a per yard basis in the past when I tested it, probably an undocumented change along the way.

Let´s see, I wonder what kind of attack frequency the new patch brings:

DW + paragon ASI + WotB + Gogok + EF + Fjord

• 11 fpa - 5.45455 Slams per sec - Fjord Cutter
  • 12 fpa - 5.00000 Slams per sec - Echoing Fury
    on average 5.22 Slams per sec

DW + paragon ASI + WotB + no Gogok + EF + Fjord

• 12 fpa - 5.00000 Slams per sec - Fjord Cutter
  • 13 fpa - 4.61538 Slams per sec - Echoing Fury
    on average 4.80 Slams per sec

You gain the next breakpoint and the DPS increase is 8.75% (5.22/4.8-1).

I used the HotA break point calculator to determine what kind of attack speed you get on PTR. On that Gogok can get you 1 break point but sometimes it doesn’t depending on the rest of your gear and running with enchantress or not.

On PTR I started with Gogok and when I changed to Zies, it was night and day difference on the damage. Zies got me 1 or 2 more GRs on PTR vs Gogok.

Probably because Destruction was changed to 10 enemies so you actually hit your main target with a boosted Slam. That change is kinda huge considering how many enemies are on the screen when you push. Also has to do with you running 140% Area Damage or so on the PTR and the 10 enemy limit significantly affects AD.

Looks very promising. I changed this build up a bit. (Ignore 2pc Raekor gear, I’m changing that to 2 to 4pc IK for near-permanent Ancients, and the 2 Raekor pieces were the first set items I found.) Quite a lot of fun, if I say so myself.