[Guide] 2.6.7 MOTE6-Fjord-Echoing Fury-Slam +136

GR119 in 13:48 for number 54 NS took around 100 keys. I was more picky on my starting level. I only took outside zones for the most part I would say I ran less than 20GR most keys where open then immediately close.

Of the levels that I ran, it wasn’t hard to get 2 minutes ahead of the timer. The harder part is getting good levels back to back. On the push I had 3 other near misses.

This was a 2 level clear, and the first level was really good and I got 4-5 minutes ahead of the timer. Second level wasn’t good but good enough that I went down to around 3.5-4 minutes ahead of the timer. Condo helped me finish off 2 elites, same for speed. No power but I did have a shield for the RG.

I took out Ruthless as a passive and changed it with earthen might. In this case when CotA is down you can still slam around 3 times then leap and slam some more. Seemed much better than having no fury at all.

There should be a couple of levels left for me. I might level up another round of gems before I push GR120.

4 Likes

Well done!:grinning: I had use earthen minght as one of my Passive skills when I clear GR119.
But this may losing about 10% of damage.So this is an exchange. If you want to play a Smoother build, it’s a good choose.

1 Like

I just cleared 114 casually with CC variant. However, I kept the IAS on my main hand but switch to CdR and AD on the other hand. 58% CdR seems to be the sweet spot for IP. There is a second of down time so you need to keep leaping and stunning mobs. In that meanwhile. Also, RG fight has 10-12 seconds of no attack times. I try to leap on the boss so that stricken keeps stacking in that mean while.

1 Like

Hey Pro I was getting this guide ready to pop onto Dfans next week and noticed you don’t have ideal stats listed for shoulders. Can you please add that to the guide? Thanks bud!

Done. Please note I edited the guide so this is the updated state.

Also observations about CC variant: I saw that in this version we cannot really aim for 50 yards shooting range but follow the oculus circles. Most of the time average fighting range is 20 yards so I think Bane of Powerfull will be stronger. Elite damage stat and the 2-3 min lasting elite kill buff will benefit us much much more now.

Storm, you should try powerful instead of zeis may be?

The only problem could be losing the Zei s stuns, which apparently makes ranged builds better. But i think we may elevate the build s potential a bit more.

1 Like

D3planner link for builds ready: Slam Builds

Powerful may work out but i think it would require more fishing to get the right rift. You don’t need the elite damage reductions so that is kind of a wasted stat. Also you don’t always count on elites for progressing. SS is more for a trash clearing build with the occasional elite thrown in. It is also hard to count on your elites being the first 5 mobs hit so your AD splash damage is going to be less.

I haven’t tried Powerful yet, but I will give it some runs to see if it works out. I think Zeis is going to be much better in the long run.

3 Likes

OK. I will have a try.But now I agree with Felix’s opinion——“Zeis is going to be much better in the long run.”

I also now trying Berserker Rage instead of Ruthress as one of my passive skills. With the help of CC, it looks working well.

1 Like

Let me know how Berserker Rage goes. It only worked for me if I went with the templar.

Because of CC, now you can reduce 28% of Fury.So this really helps to use Berserker Rage.
Another important skill is you should first start WOB,then strat COA.Ancient’s attack speed would be higher and Fury production would be faster.

4 Likes

Yes I tried bane of powerful and it does not work well. Zeis damage is much more. I think as we have so mych dibs, we need multipliers.

By the way, the damage buff by CdR in CC set, is it additive dibs or it has a multiplier on its own. Anybody tested this?

Powerful is a multiplier, not dibs. But Zei’s should really be better, as you should only need to be about 11 yards from your target for Zei’s multiplier to exceed Powerful. CC is also a multiplier. It was additive in the PTR, then they changed it.

2 Likes

I didn’t understand this. You need royal ring to equip CC, don’t you?

p.s. It seems it’s difficult to find the original quote in this big post, so:
XIV-ALTERNATIVE BUILD OPTIONS
CC variety for pushing
This lets you drop royal ring and use CoE instead.

There are two high CdR build with exactly the same skillset. One with CoE in cube, the other is CC variant with Royal Ring in cube.

There are a lot of ways to optimize from the base build. I modified the related section to clear the confusion. But really you can play around to optimize better. We really dont know its cap yet for that kind of optimization.

1 Like

Finally got this up on Dfans: https://www.diablofans.com/builds/105144-s18-2-6-6-mote6-ib-cold-pro-slam-gr-121

6 Likes

I just checked the LBs and storm’s clear is suurounded by +3k paragon clears of other builds while he only has 2.1k. We still dont know what happens if a high paragon player uses this build… Isnt there anyone?

3 Likes

In addition, if I can have high-grade gems, I should be able to have about 3 more levels.

2 Likes

I can give it a shot but right off the bat I am disliking:

1. 5 enemy cap on Bracer: this makes fishing almost a waste with the build, as very gg maps will have tons of density, resulting in a waste for each attack where you will not get the 6x damage bonus against 90% of a pull

2. No room for Flavor of Time

So why would a player drop 500+ keys on this for a serious push if the build is handicapping them?

So when it comes to fishing a 130+ rift other builds might be able to handle those maps way better and clear much more efficiently

EQ, WW, and Charge don’t have target limits on their multipliers (a pointless, ridiculous mechanic in my view; it only punishes players for using SS)

I don’t think this build is comparable to Fire EQ on a push map, at all. Fire EQ has no # target penalties and also has FoT

There are no good reasons for those bracer to be capped. If they increased SS damage by 5,000% then I would understand a cap.

I think you will find this build enjoyable as there are no weird mechanics you need to do to make this build work well. It is the strongest build I have played, I would say 5-7 GR above IK HotA.

I don’t think you will have to fish clear 125, how many barb builds can say that.

Biggest issue with the build for me is the slow movement speed, I guess I played WW for too long.

If you really like Flavor of time you could go CoE and Flavor of time but I have found EW is much better.

1 Like

When you go very high with Barb (except R6 HOTA) 90% of the damage is Area Damage, which means 5 capped Bracer is garbage for AD heavy pulls, meaning only 5 targets will proc large AD hits

This is very, very bad for 130+

120s sure whatever, very high up? No