[Guide] 2.6.7 MOTE6-Fjord-Echoing Fury-Slam +136

He is using executioner in enchantress as well. Does it work with followers?

Just a quick check and it didn’t look like executioner worked on the enchantress.

I am finally going to push my build and see how I do. I ran a few keys tonight and got a half way decent level in 10 keys and finish 115 in 12:30. I am going run 100 keys and see what I can clear.

1 Like

this is awesome. I don’t typically follow guides but had come up with a very similar build for season 18 (I just started d3 on pc season 17). I have been struggling to find that balance due to seis slam high fury cost and any correction costing me dps or making me too vulnerable. I had been using gogok instead of zei’s for added attack speed mainly followed by the dodge. a little extra cool down is always nice too. Im new to this idea of area damage in the diablo series and from what I can tell that is why I haven’t had the success I have been hoping for. I am currently 821 paragon and on GR 93 with similar build. I have also been playing with the broken promises ring to get rid of the need for crit chance as this one jewelry spot opens up many slots across my gear for needed stats. Its a little hit and miss and much less useful in lower rifts. Curious if you have any added thoughts on this. thanks again for making this guide.

I used broken promises but it just does not last long enough and you lose a lot of dps.

The best jewelry combo we found is by EW set and BoM for toughness. The cube slot can be royal ring or CoE depending on your alternate build choices.

Currently royal ring with crimson belt and pants seem to be the highest push potential but more challenging to play.

You could start with IK variety first then choose the push version accordingly.

The main build is very IAS and AD heavy. The push with crimson is CdR and AD heavy.

The gems and 3 of the passives are locked in all builds: Zei, Stricken, Trapped, Ruthless, Rampage, No escape.

Also if you are suffering from LpF, I suggest getting some healing bonus in 2ndary stats and selecting bloodthirst as 4th passive. With enough IAS and LpF, you should survive just fine in the main build.

You ever hear a trashcan roll a flight of stairs? This build is clunkier than that. CoE is a lot more damage, but if you want to use Endless Walk, there’s no room for it:

www.d3planner.com/331952277

Alternatively, you can drop compass rose for BoE or CoE (whichever rolls better) and drop pledge for FoT. Even without CoE, this build will outperform the OP.

Felix, a couple comments on your numbers. Where did you get this from:

By my math, Cooldown of CotA and WoTB with Boon and 63% CDR is (90 * .37 = 33.3 seconds). 20 second uptime of those skills / 33.3 = .60 , aka 60% uptime.

At any rate, that would slightly increase the comparative advantage of your setup.

I think you might have to discount this a bit:

Because of course you’re always going to spend time gathering mobs and moving around the rift, and if you’re smart you’ll be doing that as much as possible when you’re on cooldown. So I think the actual “damage time” would be a bit higher than 60%… maybe 70%, something like that.

Also, how is Ground Stomp working out for you? I can see the benefit of the grouping for AD purposes. Do you stomp to cluster the mobs and then leap away to start attacking? Because having them clustered right around you obviously doesn’t seem ideal.

Falter or Killing Spree would both give you a damage bump, might be worth a try.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing how far you get with this setup!

I was a little cavalier with the WotB uptime. I have been approximating it as the same as my CDR just to do quick math, thanks for correcting me.

So the actual equation should be
1.63 * 60% +0.25*40% = 0.988

I agree with you that you go out and drag stuff to group up mobs when you are on cool down but there really isn’t a good pull mechanic for Storm other than body pulling. What works out best is just to attack mobs, jump farther down the rift, turn around attack and hope the mobs follow you. I haven’t been able to gather to much density together other than dragging elites or maybe pull a couple of tiles all to one spot. But if you could drag a bunch of elites to a plyon and then unload all at one time I can see how Storms build may work out better in that situation.

I just started trying ground stomp, I have been debating what I wanted for my last free skill which I have one to choose from where in Storms build there isn’t one free.

If I end up needing defense I will probably go WC but I don’t need the defense right now. Ground stomp will pull a good chunk of mobs together, when leap is off cool down, you leap away and take out the gathered mobs quite quickly.

doing this lets me skip less trash. I like it for now but I am not sure it is the best skill. I probably should go rage flip just so I can drag mobs more effectively but for now I am running with it.

Right. That’s the same as with Fire Leapquake when you’re using APDs / Death from Above. And in that situation, even when you’re not using CoE, you’re building up density (just by aggroing mobs and letting them run to you) and then dishing out as much damage as you can while you’ve got Insanity active. You’re spending probably 33% of a rift either “moving through the rift” or “gathering density”, and you can use that time to somewhat offset those cooldowns, especially if your “burst” damage is enough to eliminate a particular group of enemies and allow you to move on.

Also, even at the times Storm is doing less damage because Wrath is down and he’s fury starved (let’s say your .25 multiplier is an accurate reflection of this), he’s still got that +63% damage from CC active.

So, I think your actual equation might be something more like:

(1.63 * 70%) + (1.63 * .25 * 30%) = 1.263

You are correct, I didn’t add in the CC bonus when WotB is down. And the 25% estimate is just that. You won’t get a good appreciation for that estimate until you run the build yourself but for me, it was really small.

I checked my math again and it is 90 seconds for WotB to be on cool down after it is activated. 90 * (1 - 63%) is 33.3 seconds for WotB to reset. It is up 20 seconds so 20/33.3 is 60.6%. Double checked the WotB up time on the d3planner and this number is correct.

1.63 * 60% + 1.63 * 0.25 * 40% = 1.141 closer to the number I first put out but for the wrong reason :slight_smile:

You should piece together the build and see how it runs and compare it to your leap quake.

1 Like

Now I am wondering, if there is a wait going on while waiting for CoA cooldown, why not replace CoA with WC-charge for 50 fury and earthen might with unforgiving… These two would up our fury much faster with less wait time. It would leave only WotB cooldown. But then CoA gives constant fury income during that 20 sec.

I tried earth might and WC along with the Temper and animosity and I cannot slam 100% of the time so I bailed.

I also tried weapon master with a mighty weapon and echoing fury and I didn’t like it all that much either.

When I run out of fury it is like watching paint dry. For me if you are fury starved its not good.

Side note: Just finished 116 for 85 non season in 5 key (2 runs) on to 117.

2 Likes

With the Morticks/IK4 variation on this it looks a lot more attractive to me, will definitely have to try it if RNG provides me with decent mote pieces

Quick question though, is there any merit in perhaps swapping out Endless Walk for CoE + The Flavor of Time?

Yes you can use FoT CoE combo. In the right rift, it will be magical.

Having no luck with GR117 with my build after going through 50 some keys and only getting 5 or so good starting levels and zero good secondary levels, I tried Storms build again. I Cleared GR117 for rank 71 NS only took me a couple of key. One good first level and then 2 I just pretty much had to run through. I did have a Power Pylon for the RG which if I didn’t I wouldn’t have closed it out.

RG fight isn’t good considering 37% of the time you are doing essentially no damage and cannot stack stricken.

On the plus side, running around getting to the RG wasn’t that bad. You just do a bit of exploring waiting for WotB and CotA to put up. There is also another Pylon that would make the RG fight a lot better than that is the CDR one.

For testing on the side I have been trying to make a build that is MotE6/CC3 without BOM in favor of Zodiac. There is essentially 30% damage that I am willing to give up to have WotB up 100% of the time. To do this I am putting Mortick in the cube and use iron hide as opposed to ignorance is bliss. I also got rid of Ruthless for Tough as nails. I can run through GR114 fairly easy. I tried 2 GR117 and the damage was about as much as I could take. I may get rid of Bloodshed in favor of WC for added defense. I will let you know how the testing goes.

3 Likes

Wait, Tough as nails? Or Nerves of Steel?

TaN is bad for any MOTE build, the armor% is additive with MOTE (4), IB, and the Paragon bonus.

Good job on the 117, congrats!

If you could get to 65% CDR, you could run CoE instead of BoM, and have Wrath up for every CoE fire cycle. (just under 12 seconds downtime) Might die a lot, though!

1 Like

Nerves of steel only helps with damage spikes not sustained damage. I traded off BOM for 50% damage reduction so I need around another 50%. I tried Tough as nails because I have a a lot of armor already. It does ok but not great.

I just did a run with relentless with 900k life and I got to the RG on GR118 with around 2 minutes left. Just missed so it definitely can be done.

Another near miss on GR118 at 15:43 with zodiac and relentless no power or conduit.

1 Like

I managed to do a 116 but it took about 70 tokens. Once I decided to switch to rubies instead of diamonds that pushed me over the edge. really dense rift for one map, not so dense rift for the other map. Got a conduit to kill 1 elite pack but no power pylon. 117 is going to be brutal. Think I’ll stop for now until I get some gear upgrades.

I still like using leoric’s crown instead of PoC, but you are rolling the dice a little more on rifts.

Not too bad for current paragon.

4 Likes

Hi,I’m Storm,a player from China. I noticed that my build was mentioned in your discussion.
It’s my pleasure. I started to play D3 only half a year ago. But I love it very much.
Very happy to discuss with you although my English is limited.

5 Likes

Hi Storm. Great to have you here. Very impress with your cleared. I notice that you use Diamond for your GR121 clear. Is that really better than Strength gems since this build benefit greatly with armor? And would you roll off strength on your weapon for IAS if you could?

Thank you !
I think Diamond is better than Strength gems when your paragon is only 2000+.Because I have to attract a few groups of elite geeks to the end of the map.
So I need to defence(although this build is already very hard).If you have good luck,you can wipe out those elite geeks with the help of Motor Pylon or Power Pylon.
And would you roll off strength on your weapon for IAS if you could?
/YES.I will roll off strength. ED or Damage against elites weil be better than strength when your Strength is more than 20000.

5 Likes