[Guide] 2.6.7 MOTE6-Fjord-Echoing Fury-Slam +136

I added Unforgiving. It’s ~12%.
I still have enchantress.
I have exactly the same CDR.
With enchantress IAS on zodiac don’t increase my attack speed. So replacing IAS to RCR doesn’t decrease my damage.
I have STR/AD/RCR/CDR on my shoulders. It doesn’t decrease my damage.
I want to replace STR on both weapons to RCR. It’s ~5% of damage (because I could replace it with 10% dmg).
So you have to give up just two things: Ruthless and 10% dmg stats on your weapon.

For speed runs I replace Stricken to Gogok. With Gogok you can just put WC, IP, WotB to numlock and have IP/WotB 100% uptime. RG fight become longer but it’s not important for low GR’s.

P.S. Currently I have 62.65 CDR and 40.38% RCR.

From my testing, earthen might is way better than unforgiving. At 40% RCR it costs around 9 fury for one slam. That takes about 4 seconds of doing nothing for one slam. If you go with earthen might with the templar you get approximately 5 slams per leap. This alone gives you close to 2 seconds of continuous slamming. Without the templar you only get 3. Very noticeable in the difference between how many slams you get out with WC and leaping using the enchantress. If you go this route I highly recommend the templar.

Still not sold on putting skills on num-locks. Yes it is smart, but it takes away from some of the skill to play the game. I haven’t done it but I can see why you do it especially for speed runs.

I will take out Stricken for my 105 and see if I can run faster than I do now.

1 Like

I tried this and it seems do better. Thank you.

I tried templar (used ASI intsead of on Zodiac to get the same attack speed) and it seems with enchantress I can do one level higher. I don’t know why. Probably the difference in their behavior.

You need a lot of paragon to trade off strength on weapons to get something else such as attack speed or damage.

If you have 20k strength and get rid of 2k strength off your weapons you take a 10% hit in damage and also lose some toughness. If you put attack speed on your weapons you only pick up around 2.5% more damage because SS is relatively slow, so you really need around 40k before trading strength for attack speed becomes worthwhile. Trading for 10% damage on weapons comes at anything above 20k strength.

Acording to my simple caluclation that doesn’t take in account AD/Bloodshed/etc Ruthless gives 9.4% to damage: 100/(70/1.0 + 30/1.4) = 9.4%.
10% DMG on two swords instead of RCR gives 10% to damage. By the end of a season you can have over 20k STR.
So by replacing Ruthless and %DMG you give up 17% of your damage (20/120 = ~17). In return you get toughness that allow you to leap less and to shoot more. With EM probably just one RCR stat or your shoulders is enough.

Without any ASI on your equipment you have 80 ASI (10 + 15 + 30 + 25). It’s 24 FPA. With 7% IAS on both swords it’s 22 FPA. So IAS on both swords gives you 9-10% to damage depending on amount of ASI you have. With Zodiac 7% IAS may be better than 10% DMG because of more Zodiac’s procs.

Taking your numbers if you have 22 FPA and you take Strength off your weapon and replace it with 7% IAS you will end up at 21 FPA which is a 4.76% increase for one hand or a 2.38% overall damage increase.

If you had 21k strength and decreased it to 20k strength. This is a decrease in overall damage of 5%. The lower your strength the bigger the percentage becomes.

Strength applies to all damage, IAS only applies to the weapon it is on.

You have to be careful when trading stats trying to find something that is beneficial. Also this only looks at a damage multiplier. If you are getting more attacks off, it could cause more fury problems, increase your healing, increase bloodshed damage, ect…

My numbers were 24 and 22 FPA. It’s 2 FPA difference.
To get 22 FPA without IAS you need 2 ASI stats. With 2 ASI stats you get 20 FPA with 3% from enchantress. It’s again 2 FPA difference.

P.S. I believe the most players that use Zodiac have exactly 1 ASI stat on equipment. It’s 23 FPA without IAS and 21 FPA with IAS.

To get to 24 FPA you cannot have any IAS, ASI and you cannot use the enchantress. If you just use the enchantress and nothing else you can get to 23 FPA (both hands).

With only the enchantress you cannot get to 21 FPA (one hand) by adding 7% IAS on your weapon you can only get to 22 FPA.

If you have only one item of ASI (no enchantress) it must be 7% and your IAS on the weapon must be 7% to get to 21 FPA. (just under a 5% overall damage increase or 2.5% per attack speed stat)

Using the enchantress and one item of ASI you are still at 23 FPA.

Of these choices the one that will work best for most people is to just use the enchantress and get rid of ASI and IAS everywhere else.

Yes.
I wrote it above: “Without any ASI on your equipment you have 80 ASI (10 + 15 + 30 + 25). It’s 24 FPA.”

Yes.
I wrote this above: “With enchantress IAS on zodiac don’t increase my attack speed.”

Yes.
There are situations (with unbalanced equipment) when 7 IAS on both swords gives you only 5% dps. But if you use it smart 7 IAS on both weapons gives you 9-10% dps.

Yes.
I wrote above what I want: “CDR/AD/RCR on both swords” and “CDR/RCR/CHC on Zodiac” (no IAS and no ASI).

Quick update on my personal progress. PS4 ( I think it harder since I have to hunt for Nephalem globes to match the damage of PC players)

I am Paragon 850 and able to do GR104 with this setup:
D3planner : 433216543

• no augments
  • 95% of the cycles I have permanent WOTB thanks to Zodiac ring, I like having only WOTB as my only big cooldown (without COTA) this way Zodiac much more comfortable.
  • Ignore Pain is almost permanent
  • Critical hits heal me in addition to LPF from Motriks, feel it is a must on times when Zodiac did not do its job well.
  • Fury not a problem
  • From my personal experience 85% dmg reduction is a go-to target, 75% is just to low for an under 500 Life life Barb.
  • Tried Gogok for too long for the additional 15% CDR and the Zei’s is just to good to give it up

The main reason for my death right now is the lack of a mouse, the PS4 controller stick does not let you click a specific place for leaping and some times Barb just stucks and jumps in one place and dies from too many dmg at once taken.

I’ve done 117 (14:45 #27 S18 EU… would be #17 at NA with this result). Spile, Church (something like Halls of Agony), Spile. There was lightning pylon in the church but it worn off before I met an elite. 19k STR, 575k life, 2.5kk damage.

3 Likes

Y’all are about to go hog wild. From the PTR notes:

• Fjord Cutter
    • You are surrounded by a Chilling Aura when attacking.
    • New Legendary Power: Seismic Slam attacks 50% faster and also deals 100-150% increased damage against Slowed or Chilled enemies
  • Bracers of Destruction
    • Seismic Slam deals [400-500%] increased damage to the first 5 10 enemies it hits.

I think it’s safe to say that Pro-Slam is going to be extremely competitive with VC, R6, and WW.

This is awesome.

8 Likes

Ho ho ho! Now the question is what goes to the off hand? Pick sticker with physical rolled to cold? ( is it possible?)

2 Likes

I’m just gonna pick a weapon they are not changing the leg power on.
In-geom and any other usable primals that I don’t have to find the new ones…again…

Yessssss the Cota attacking 100% faster on a fury rune is going to blend well with the new Fjord cutter!

Will that open a window for a shield bare barbarian? That can drastically reduce dame taken and open other slots for damage!

Guys please keep on updating from the PTR how the new items work! This thread is what made it work and be noticed, thank you!

1 Like

What about echoing fury?

I was thinking about it as well but on higher GRs take longer to kill even white mobs and the effect of the EF drops drasticly

1 Like

I think Echoing Fury would fit well there for the attack speed boost.

Even a shield may work in a way. Sword and board passive is giving some more RcR so something there.

Or sunkeeper for 30% elite dmg. Needs some experimentation.

Echoing fury is good too if things are dying fast.

1 Like