[Guide] 2.6.7 MOTE6-Fjord-Echoing Fury-Slam +136

IMHO

Suppose there is a large tight group of monsters (radius 20 yards).
You can stand in the middle of this group. In this case Bloodshed does damage to all mobs but it doesn’t benefit from Zei’s and No Escape because first 5 targets are very close to you.
You can stand at 16 yard distance to the edge of the group. In this case Bloodshed benefits from Zei’s and No Escape but does damage to few mobs only.

It seems you should decide how you are going to play - as a semi-melee (with BS but without Zei’s and NE) or as a ranged (with Zei’s and NE but without BS).
In the first case you can use Gogok and replace IP to something (for example, Falter). In the second case you can use STP and probably can replace BoM to Zodiac.

Yesterday I did #73 on EU S18 with the semi-melee variant on 112 (1555 paragon). It was 3 floor run without Conduit. And it wasn’t a push - I did it from the first attempt and even didn’t pulled mobs in a large groups.

p.s. I’m still not sure what skill to use instead of IP. I’m going to try Rage Flip or Ground Stomp.

1 Like

Try the Zodiac + Zeis + no Escape + Morticks
Version

Should seriously give you 4 GRs, just play it mid ranged

It’s a lot of extra damage

You can use STP instead of Bloodshed like people suggested above as it makes surviving easier

1 Like

With Triunity bonus I need just 1 blue circle per cycle for 100% uptime of WotB and CoA. And when they are not up I usually can SS without problem from green circle (it gives me rcr and toughness). Against RG I SS 100% of time.
I’ll try ranged variant when I get stuck with melee variant.

I’m not suggesting ranged variant because of resource issues, I’m suggesting it because it’s a lot stronger whether you’re on season or not

:woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I usually stand inside a purple or oculus circle. Sometimes in both when they overlap.
Do Zeis + no Escape give more damage?

Currently I put 400 paragon in vitality to survive. Will I survive with IP instead of BoM - 2.5 times less toughness?

The most optimized gem setup is with Zei and No Escape are a must due to their being separate multipliers.

Survival wise, at low paragon levels go with BoM and rubies in armor. If you think you can survive with good reflexes, go zodiac and IP with diamonds in all armor slots. You need IP for its LpF rune in IB (if you have no mortics). otherwise if you can keep perma berserker, you can opt for another IP rune. But if you have no BoM, you’d like to have 2x 50% DR somehow. This will be close to 70-75% reduction.

I have just tried ranged setup. I use Mortick. I changed Unforgiving to No Escape, Gogok to Zei’s, BoM to Zodiac, Falter to IP Iron Hide.
I did 110 but failed 111 with result 15 min 20 sec (no death on 111).

1 Like

I tried Zei’s + Zodiac + No Escape + Bloodshed. Selected distance on situation (sometimes played like melee, sometimes - like ranged). Did 112 (died a lot), failed 113. Failed 113 with melee variant too. The main drawback of the melee variant is that you don’t select your position - circles do it - so you can’t move slowly with large group of monsters. The ranged variant is more comfortable.

1 Like

Very easy to die with the Zei’s/Zodiac build. If you want going to Gogok will make the cooldown management easier without giving up huge dps.

I came back to the initial storm’s build with Zei’s, EW, BoM and PoC. Although I don’t remember which passives he used. I use No Escape, Rampage and Berserker Rage.
I did 112 3 of 3 with best result 12:43 (#66).
I did 113 2 of 3 with best result 14:29 (#61)
I did 114 0 of 2 with best reuslt 15:24

1 Like

I think you will find Storms build is going to be best for those with lower paragon (approximately 3k or less).

I am at 2.4k paragon and the Zodiac with Zeis is still too glassy for me.

With Storm build I can close 115 the vast majority of time. Running 120s I have had many levels where I got ahead of the timer by a few minutes, just never had good level back to back. I just need to fish more to close out 120 which is a low priority for me at this time.

1 Like

Guys, I find it hard to decide, which combo better to Seismic slam with.

I have played alot with this build to find the best set up for me and have found that going for GroundStomp pulling monsters to procc StrongArms + TreateningShout (falter rune +25% dmg) is a very easy way to play this kind of ice slamming Barb.

Keeping my fury up is the main problem in this build on higher-level GRifts since you need to slam lots of time to get the monsters to die.

Groundstomp helps to utilize Bloodshed and area damage + Threatening shout Falter rune.

Having Band of the Might ring is a must to have, damage reduction is too good and no need to Ignore Pain spamming or 50% damage reduction from Motricks WOTB. +50% damage from WOTB is the main plus so I ditched Motricks. Instead, I went to other damage potentials such as Strongarm bracers.

:point_up_2: 5 Earth + 3 IK set : d3planner 624444699
I have a great Bolder Breaker weapon.

• Fury is not a problem
  • Damage is as high as with Istvan’s blades (without WOTB) and constant since WOTB is constant.

Easier to play but the damage pick with Istvans blades is higher when WOTB is up.

:v: 5 Earth + 2 CaptainCrimson + Istvan’s blades: d3 planner 241643727

• Damage is almost the same as in combination with IK set, but when WOTB is up (60-50% uptime) the damage is hugely rising, almost double.
  • Fury management with this combo at higher GRifts might be challenging due to lots of slamming needed, this is why I went for the belt in the cube to trigger Avalanche for Fury together with Earthquake.
  • Tried Strongarm bracers in the cube but Fury is not keeping up, so went for the Dread Iron belt instead.

Will be happy to hear your thoughts on this, am I doing something wrong? I do not understand how the damage on the IK Bolder is almost the same as Istvan’s?

Thank you for the build, I love it!

Well the more you play the build I think you will find that the MotE6/IK4 is severely limited because of the attack speed. Once you start pushing you will need LPFS to keep you up and the attack speed isn’t enough using the 2-handed slow weapon.

If you go the ground stomp approach, Zeis’s might not be the best gem. Since you are pulling everything close to you and packing the mobs in a tight group you may want to use Gogok for the faster attack speed and more CDR. This way you don’t have to leap twice (first to gather the mobs and the second time to jump away to do the DPSing). You can just start DPSing after you drop into the crowd and let the AD and bloodshed do the damage.

In either case you will want to maximize your AD damage so no RRC on weapons. You may have done this for fury management in an effort to not have to use Call of the Ancient (Fury), but every time I have tried this I end up fury started.

1 Like

Thank you for your input,

I kept Zei’s mainly for the Rift Guardian + since the damage area on Seismic slam is not hitting all the monsters around me, it still hits with 30-50 yards the ones that are not clumped.

Gogok is very hard to keep up, I also do not need damage reduction from this gem since I use 4ik bonus.

I will give Gogok a go, thank you!

If you are using ground stomp to group, I sugges using Pain Enhancer instead of Zei’s. Secondary effect will up your IAS for slams. However if you are using 2P CC, then go with gogok.

Mote6-ik4 can use PE better in that way. But its damage is limited compared yo CC and Istvan build

1 Like

hmm… that means I can switch Threatening Shout - Falter to Rend (+10% dmg rune) and trigger the attack speed on the PE gem for 5 sec instead of 3 and get a lot more IAS immediately!

Thanks!

1 Like

I replaced CoA to WC Charge and Berserker Rage to Unforgiving in Zodiac variant and did 114 (~17k str). Died 5 times (3 times immediately after resurrection due to ping issues)

WC vs Charge:

• doesn’t interrupt your shooting/moving
  • no ancients that distract mob from following me
  • usually can be cast immediately after death
  • increase toughness
  • minus one passive for damage

I have CDR/AD/RCR on shoulder and want to get CDR/AD/RCR on both swords. I also want CDR/RCR/CHC on Zodiac (relatively easy to get). But even with just 2 RCR mode I haven’t problems with Fury, although I’m not sure about RG fight without Triunity bonus.

So now I have 3 about equal variants and don’t know which is the best:

1. BoM + PoC + CoA
  2. Zodiac + Mortick’s + CoA
  3. Zodiac + Mortick’s + WC
    Zei’s + No Escape + Bloodshed are in all three variants

Well I played around with RCR more tonight and you can do it but I don’t think it is beneficial unless you have perfect gear. My gear is quite good and I have to give up offense to get rid of CotA.

I was doing my testing with my speed run set where I run 105’s in the low 6 minutes (average). In this setup I run with the CotA, Ruthless, Enchantress, Gogok. CDR is 68.24%, RCR is 33.8%. I changed the gem in my helm to Topaz; used WC charge, templar, Earthen Might, CDR is 62.63% and RCR is 42%. Anything less than these changes and I am can get starved of fury. But with this setup I am no longer Fury starved.

Look at the damage I had to give up to remove CotA. Ruthless ~12%, no enchantress so one less break point ~2.5% and CDR change ~9%. What did I get for giving up over 20% of my damage? Some defense, no Ancients cluttering the screen and more cool-down management making sure I don’t become fury starved.

Doesn’t seem like a good trade off to me.