[Guide] 2.6.7 MOTE6-Fjord-Echoing Fury-Slam +136

A quick look at the 4th floor on your 126 run, the rampage buff stay until you take out the elites at the end of the rift. When you are doing that there is essentially no trash mobs left.

Ok, I have ran a few rifts using Gogok and Leorics and I am liking it. You don’t run out of fury when WotB and CotA are down. You can continue to slam the whole time until WotB and CotA are off cool down. This mean I am trading Zeis and earthen might for Gogok and ruthless.

I am getting 3% more damage from CDR, 6.4% more damage from up time on WotB (70 to 81%), ~10% more damage for going from 23 fpa to 21 (requires one ASI increase stat on your build + the enchantress) and 12% from Ruthless.

Zeis would have to average 34.4% for the damage to be equal.

I think it would be close but I will take slamming all the time vs running out of fury. Also less worrying about missing out on bloodshed damage is nice as well.

I ran a bunch of tests and can keep up permanent WOTB + Ancients with Zodiac and Zeis, no Leoric and no Gogok, that way you gain Morticks to make up for BOM loss

This is probably the highest damage version you can get, just harder to play

Should be a beast at the boss

2 Likes

Agree, this is the highest damage build I have been able to find so far.

For me, I run into issues going this route because I don’t have enough defense. Works for my speed runs not pushing.

When I do my speed runs I don’t need the optimal dps so I switch out Zeis for Gogok to make it easier on cool down management and I also stack as much RCR as possible

Cleared 128 with Zeis + Morticks + Zodiac

I think this is the best version, even if you have to dump paragon into vit, maybe use the 7 second IP rune, and play good open maps with soft melee mobs like fats

You’ll see that I slam constantly even as I pull to make sure it’s all reset for the next pull

I had spearmen festering for 1st floor, which is BAD for this build, because no BoM means you take a TON of damage from those ranged attacks all together – I died a LOT on this run, and it can definitely get better

Killed Rime (bad boss) in under 3 mins in 128

I also made a bunch of errors and the rift was 3 floors

130 definitely doable now because this build cuts the time on boss so much (permanent attacks vs boss) and it has no downtime (unless you die)

I have to say after playing this a bunch I can definitely see the potential, because although this is not as good as other Barb builds on a big density pull, it can drop down singled out elites and the boss a lot faster than any Barb build

So I appreciate you guys pushing me to keep at it

The biggest downside now is no FoT so it cannot abuse 1 floor + conduits like other Barb builds can, which is a bummer

@ Felix you can’t drop Ruthless IMO, it’s too good, Barbs need damage

3 Likes

I didn’t realize there were yellows below the Conduit so I wasted a lot of time there, I didn’t see them until I moved down

5 Likes

Thanks for keeping at it Arch. I am glad that you now see some of the things we have been seeing with the build.

Clearing 128 in two days of playing is extremely impressive.

Would love to work FoT into the build but you give up around 33% of your dps throughout the rift if you get rid of EW for FoT and CoE.

Not sure FoT can make up that much damage. It may in the ideal rift but that would force a lot more fishing which I am not big on. Around 100 keys is my limit.

Thanks

That 128 didn’t have a good pylon order (Speed + Power at end of Festering wtf?) so it can definitely get much better than this

And I died a bunch of times too

Just watched the video. You mainly died with both WotB and IP were down. I think you would have saved over a minute if you ran with Gogok. Much harder for both skills to be down at the same time.

Good elites on the first floor but not good mobs, definitely better rifts out there.

If you go with Zodiac there is no point to drop ruthless. Going without zodiac it is debatable to drop ruthless. If your CDR is around 63% you have 37% of the time where you do very little damage.

So the question for me is can you scarifice 12% of your damage that is only there 63% of the time to do more damage 37% of the time?

It is close to which is better. I prefer not standing around so that is why I switched to earthen might. I have no issues with those that prefer to stay with Ruthless.

If you give it 2 solid floors you can just sit there and make free progression and have enough time for most bosses on 130, if you only need 4 mins or less on 130 it’s solid with Zodiac, because you never have to stop attacking

You mastered the play style in two days. Very good play man. We were not sure which version would work at 128-130. So giving up BoM for Zodiac and using mortics elevates the up time but makes it a bit more fragile. A reasonable trade of . Since Mortics is giving LpF already I thing 7 sec IP should be good.

Also in order to reset cooldowns a bit, 7% IAS in the main hand could be useful.

Yeah I am thinking the same thing. Just more squishy on the rift.

Zeis helps a lot on boss and to finish off elites

Max Zeis + No Escape + Bracer of Destruction is good vs a lone target

I think you want to keep Zeis just for that

1 Like

I have been playing a form of ss since s6 and after many tests, I felt that this build is only possible with these 3 gem combination (stricken+trapped+zei).

I previously reported PE and gogok (though before 2.6.6). Without Zei it is not working well.

Also Ruthless+ Zei is a must to take down singled down elites. As you saw in RG, after 30% HP is left, it goes down very fast. Essentially we want density but once it died down we are still committing to the remaining elite. Leap forward slam backward analogy is giving us a constant supply of density as we go and dragging elites.

Also Nubtro ran tests with similar setups and he also said that this build might have the highest single target damage among all barb builds. A claim that could only be proven by an experienced player like you.

About FoT, i think it could replace EW but instead of CoE, you may need to go with BoM as the build may be more fragile as you walk from mob group to the next. So this will work best if the pylons spawn in a good order.

Congrats.

2 Likes

I think keeping the damage is more important than the pylon duration honestly

Making 4 mins for boss on 130 is much more reasonable than 6+ mins for WW or something like that, and if you can finish off elites you don’t really need double Conduit to make that time for boss

Killing the boss faster is priority #1

I’ll pratice some more then try 132 and see how fast it can kill boss with the Zodiac build

Thanks for the 7% ias mainhand suggestion, I’ll give it a shot

2 Likes

I have a weapon that is 10 CDR 20AD and 5 IAS. For me it doesn’t matter if it is 5 or 7% IAS because either gets me my next break point. It get me from 20 FPA to 19.5 FPA so only a 2.5% increase in overall damage.

I find that this is only useful for stacking stricken, other than that I much rather have damage than IAS.

Good news: Perendi on 132 takes only 4 mins, and that is good because he is very bad for this build (ports after you, adds all the time eating up Bracer hits)

So a good boss is sub 4 mins on 132 without a pylon

Bad news: Trash lives very very long on 132, hard to thin things out

that is where the lack of AD kicks in

3 Likes

Just a shower thought, but for a lower tier fun variation of the build, could we wear the BK weapons for the fury generation, with weapons master making it able to perma slam without ancients?

Sure ya can…Works just fine on the lower lvls. I do 95’s with that…

I also tried Mortics with Zodiac, but due to my low paragon, my armor DR was not helping as much. So higher level players may roll that version easily.

I also noticed without PoC, IP was eating all the zodiac procs and delaying CoA and Berserker. Once they cannot reset, dying is inevitable.

I think if we leave PoC in cube and use Zodiac, it would help with resetting CoA and Berserker faster. Also we wont need Gogok then, but we would lose the extra 50% DR from mortics.