Guess another skip season

Is there anything that feels good with these powers they all feel like a gimmick to make people think they are ok? Also like the fact it’s still limited to what they want so we can’t play however we want. Guess I’ll sit out another season and pray they have something better. The powers from heaven??? Way to make it feel so bad. Just my opinion though just thought be a good place to voice it. I miss the cube, Etherals, and shards feel like that was a trick to get players back :frowning:

2 Likes

Cya (twenty characters)

3 Likes

Did you test yourself on PTR?
Did you watch analysis from Wudijo or Raxxanterax or else on youtube?
Or is it just reading patch notes and judging by that without any real clue?

Maybe they play a different class than DH/WD/Barb, say Wizard for example which saw nothing but nerfs this update

1 Like

I used to watch their content I feel they hype these patches up for views. Like rax saying God barb because of the pulling power. I wouldn’t say it’s God tier. I ran ptr it’s nice but kinda boring not a heavenly power like the notes said. I just feel they aren’t really made for every set which means now I have to play something I don’t like. Whereas other seasons it was just an overall increase no matter what you ran. Not being mean I feel like YouTubers make the game worse, it’s great they get paid to play the game but I’m casual I want to play how I want to play and I’m not gonna see 3k paragon in a season because unlike them I can’t grind the game for 40 hours a week. They make it worse by posting their click bait videos or saying something is in a good spot when in reality it’s adding what 3 tiers to a set. Just my opinion I just wish it had something for more sets and wasn’t so generic and bland

There are 2 things: most powers are useless, and the drop rate of crucibles is too low.

You have to get enough crucibles to roll the correct power on the correct item and get usable affixes.

I have the suspicion that like last season I’ll complete the journey to guardian without ever seeing the season theme and quit.

4 Likes

RNG can be fickle and Blizzard seems to forget not everyone plays every hour of the day to overcome it.

However, this is much better than ethereals which required you to get all the parts right on the slot machine. You can roll this on anything, not just death nova on a death nova item. Since I’m not a fan of it rerolling the entire item, my strategy on PTR is to roll on an item I don’t care that much about, say boots. Ideally this is an item I would use across multiple builds. Get the power I want then later I’ll worry about what item it’s on and what roll I got.

In some cases, though not many, you can get a power that’s universally helpful. That’s one of the reasons Army of the Dead is so nice, it helps kill regardless of your build without even needing the power on the bar. Get that early and it’s awesome.

The one hope I have on drop rates, which hasn’t existed these past few seasons, is they’re already low on the PTR. In previous seasons they’ve been high and then they stealth nerf them in the final patch to live. It feels, based on my experience and what others have said, that they’re tweaking them as they go. Hopefully, that means they understand these frustrations we’ve all had.

I only have a Necromancer’s and casual player’s perspective on this season. And I’d like to say that from the start; I don’t care for the sanctifying limiting one equip. Yes I get that would be absolutely bonkers busted. But would it not be possible to make it so only one class power from them is active at a time. People who sweat about leaderboards might not like the idea, but I don’t care about that. It would just be fun to have another op stats season I guess. It’s not a dealbreaker though.

What does really stink to me though, is that all 3 Necromancer powers don’t help Generator Necro at all. Yeah it’s a basic playstyle without much thought; I admit, but it’s not like it’s ever been that great for anything other than speed rifting. It seems like they really want the Rathma to shine this season. Which all the more power to them for that, but won’t the season has passed and you can no longer spam Army Of The Dead, what next? Won’t the Rathma set just go back to being an okay set that’s beaten in speed rifting by Generator Necro and badly beaten in GR pushing by Corpse Explosion/Lance Necros?

As someone who primarily plays only Necro and only got a handle of all seven classes during the Ethereals season; I can really only speak for Necromancer on this. I just find it to be a bit of a shame how limited these special powers feel in terms of matching playstyle. That said; I probably will be playing Rathma Necro. Even if there are better builds with other classes I’m just a Necro player through and through.

That all said; I do miss old seasons. And I really wish we had some way to play with those gimmicks again. Maybe someday in the distant future when the game goes offline they’ll make an offline mode that permits any season gimmick of play you desire? That’d be cool. Mix and match if you want. Go totally nuts for the ultimate power fantasy. I think a Sanctified Ethereal wielding Generator Necromancer with an extra cube legendary power and Shards, plus possibly other beneficial gimmicks I don’t know about from seasons’ past because I haven’t played this game for very long; would be a pretty freaking op build. And imagine the already absurdly powerful builds with all of that. Maybe someday.

1 Like

I’m with you on the Necro only play.

I used to love monk, but then Necro came out and I haven’t looked back.
I did play WD for a season or two as well as Necro, and I attempted to get all the mogs in the Ethereal season. I also sometimes create a DH for speed runs (but I don’t need to do that anymore).

The issue is that they purposely created the necro and its gear in a way that we don’t need as many items as other classes to build our sets. They’ve made it possible to be just as flexible (in theory at least anyway) with far fewer pieces.

The problem with that is that it’s not quite as flexible and every build pretty much shares the same 1-2 items, if not more.

We do need more itemization to help come up with more different builds. I think their test of ‘fewer more general items for Necro’ has failed, because every season people are asking for more bracers, more phylacteries, more weapon options, more ways to play…

And every season we get buffs to Rathma + Mages.
It’s somewhat annoying for a Necro player that LOVES the playstyle of RGK or Elite hunter. The “once every 90 seconds or so destroy everything in 100 yards” builds.
I loved the fact that I could run around gathering stuff up, die as many times as the mobs wanted me to, and not have to worry about wasting time, because death only brought me closer to my cooldown where i’d blow it all up.

Those builds aren’t really viable anymore (at least not in comparison to the updated sets). I miss that.
I don’t like Rathma mages, although the updated set is much better than it was. I do like Trag’Ouls mages… there’s just something about spending life to do damage that appeals to me.

I love Inarius lazy mancer, but it needs some major buffing, and Pestilence is still my favorite set, even though it’s one of the worst damage profiles currently.

MoBC is a great set simply because of how powerful and how tanky it is… but as much as I love the ‘you are all cursed and throw in to a pixel so I can blow you all up’, I don’t like Bone Spear at all. It doesn’t feel very much like Necromancy.

well the season had high hopes at one point but the more things change the more they stay the same. Just pray the people working on D3 dont work on D4. Like OB1, D4 is our last hope.

2 Likes

I’m not giving them that much credit. To me, the class feels way more like they just never created enough items to catch up with everyone else.

If looking at the overall item design, especially as the years have gone on, flexibility is not a word I would use. Everything is designed to require parts x, y and z. They haven’t so much created character builds as they have subclasses.

Necro is a good example. In both Diablo 2 and Diablo Immortal you can create a character with the classic necromancer gameplay loop: Summon minions to kill monsters, use those corpses to blow things up. In Diablo 3 I can’t make that build, even with LOD because I can’t put enough multipliers in for all of that to happen.