Grotesque are bad elite packs

For in-geom to proc, you have to kill all of the mobs in the pack, not just the main elite.
Do you have evidence (e.g. screenshots) of this not happening?

1 Like

im Klling every Mob ^^

Working for me. Killed a blue and yellow pack together and it procced both times. You will notice that it did not proc on the 3rd elite because one wasp flew away.

Can you capture it on video?

2 Likes

Nah. Hard to capture it. but im streaming all times. but i test it some times more and its 50/50 it works or it works not.

Well, if you are unwilling to record it when you have the capability, and I can show you that it works for me, then I would not expect Blizzard to give your claim any weight.

What was the point of creating this thread if it is just going to be ignored by Blizzard because you are not willing to give a few minutes of your time?

1 Like

that bug appears too on a fast gr of a streamer, shenron62.

every add were killed and also the boss but didnt appear un tchat and in geom didnt proc
that bug ain t on normal rift only on greater rift !!!

https://clips.twitch.tv/JoyousLuckyDelicataBuddhaBar-NTfMMQXK2vnAC2Jp

also named horror

https://clips.twitch.tv/ShyMoldyCaribouMrDestructoid-vqOpFS_369fLpLKc
1 Like

Hello. I confirm that the bug is still present.

It happens often.

I have noticed the bug this season also several times.

• I didn’t notice it before current season. But I use in-geom after a long time this season which makes it easy to spot.
  • I have only noticed this during speedruns, with in-geom. But hard to say for sure if it happened with other builds also or not.
  • Easy to spot with blue Grotesque packs. Kill all, wonder why no in-geom proc. Notice there is no kill message in chat. No blues anywhere near (some screens to each direction).

Today again clear issue.
There was two blue grotesque packs in a single room. I killed both groups with single mystic ally round. No message in chat for killing them. No in-geom proc. Not 100% sure about progress orbs since I wasn’t paying attention before I noticed missing in-geom proc. 100% sure there were no more blues hiding in nearby rooms.

Doesn’t have to be blues still hiding, could be lesser minions in the mob that ran away.

I’m not sure which minions you are talking about related to blue teams. I’ve thought killing the blues is enough.
But nonetheless. During last 1h I have encountered 1 problmatic blue grotesque pack and 2 problematic yellow packs where the main monster was grotestgue. Yellow packs had only slow mobs and blues explode to those fairly slow worms. I made sure to empty nearby screens in two of these cases and in the third case (yellow pack) the couple of remaining ones were not marked yellow and were not those worms.

Based on this I’m quite sure it’s not about lesser minions running away. Sure can always be user error but I’m quite puzzled how would I possibly miss something obvious. Naturally makes be doubt my own eyes since this seems to be reported only by one other user.

1 Like

And why do you think that is?

never mind that… unless you have some logical explanation for purple globes spawning with no kill message in chat and no in-geom proc as shown in the Shenron62 video clips above.

1 Like

I don’t speak French, but there’s nothing in that video showing he even has In-geom equipped. I did see a kill notification for an Abomination…

That is correct… so you have to take his word for it. These videos were recorded around 17 Dec 2021.

What you are seeing is (my translations - I have no idea what these monsters are called in English) :

Orek says : I wish you good luck hero.
<BriT> Shenron62 is attacking this monster : Spider Horror !
<BriT> Shenron62 has killed Spider Horror !
[soomip] has joined the clan.
<BriT> Shenron62 is attacking this monster : Abomination !

How many bug reports have we seen where someone swears ‘so and so and so’, only to come back and say ‘Ooops, my bad - I did (or didn’t) do / have xxxx…’?

In any case… you cannot deny that there is no “Shenron62 has killed this monster : Abomination”… even though you can clearly see the purple globes on the floor.

Yes… I know… and that is why I asked Kristobald if he could be real nice and provide longer video clips… so we can see the in-geom proc. Whether he does or not, I have no control over.

I think I quite clearly stated in my post that this makes be doubt my own eyes. Obviously if I would know the reason for missing the kills I would write here the reason and not inform I have encountered the issue again.
If you are trying to say I’m doing something wrong, this doesn’t feel very constructive way of indicating it.

Note that I also tried to describe what happened. If you just don’t trust my words then we probably shouldn’t continue this discussion. If you have ideas what I might have overlooked and is easy to check → I’m totally open admitting to be stupid when proven and ready to spend that 10 sec - 1 minute to investigate next time I have the issue. Doesn’t take more than that to check one by one or even clear all nearby mobs or do similar actions.

Thanks for the pic. What happened in his chat matches what happened in mine.

To turn it around - Anyone feel free to run solo speeds with fire Inna monk and please tell if chat message + in-geom proc seems to work consistently. As this happened for me with at least 5 consecutive packs of this kind of yesterday → sounds to me just looking chat for kills for 3-10 consecutive packs of this type should be enough.

I also considered for half a minute to start recording due to salty comments, but I’m not interested enough to setup + start recording videos for non-critical issues like this. I feel reporting is enough when I have no high hopes for Blizzard fixing anything anyway.

One thing to try is to use the BotP gem along with In Geom, since both have the same required trigger in order to proc. If the gem triggers but the IG doesn’t, then that shows that a bug exists. If neither triggers, then you likely didn’t kill all the minions.