Grinding and Not much to show

Hey Forum!

I’ve been playing this season for about 300 hours across 4 toons. Last season about this time, I was fully geared with Ancients and primal and this season, I’ve been grinding and really nothing to show. My Sader has put in some work and got one primal and 3 ancients in 50 hours.

I’m using shards, the cube, rifts, GR and vaults…Im doing everything I can. Does Diablo let you get items one season and the next, not give you nada? Just wondering what else I can do except grind but it’s taking its toll!

It’s all just luck of the draw.

1 Like

You have 4 characters that you try to gear. If you had one, you would have more chance of getting ancients

1 Like

During those 50 hours, what were you doing?

For example, if you were speed-running GR90s in 2 minutes per run, and we assume a little human time (e.g. getting a drink, using the toilet, eating) let’s say 25 GR runs an hour. At that difficulty, the guardian drops 12 legendaries. So, each hour you’d get 25 * 12 legendaries = 300 legendaries.

You’d also need to farm the GR keys needed for this so let’s assume similar speed of 2 minutes per Nephalem Rift, and you do 25 of these an hour. At T16 you get 3 GR keys guaranteed with a 50% chance of a 3rd one. So, 25 * 3.5 keys = 87.5 keys an hour.

So, two hours of key farming gets you enough keys for seven hours of GRs. Five and a half lots of that gets you 49.5 hours. Factor in the legendaries you get whilst doing the Nephalem Rifts and from Kadala gambling. Let’s ballpark that as 5 per Nephalem Rift and you get 5 for every 9 rift+GR combo.

So…

10.5 hours of rifts = 315 rifts = 315 * 5 legendaries = 1575 legendaries
38.5 hours of GRs = 1115 GRs = 1115 * 12 legendaries = 13860 legendaries
Kadala gives ((315 + 1115)/9) * 5 legendaries = 934 legendaries

That’s a total of 1575 + 13860 + 934 legendaries = 16,369 legendaries

Ancients are 1 in 10 legendaries.
Primals are 1 in 400 legendaries.

Thus the expected values for your ancients / primals obtained would be…
Ancients = 16,369/10 = 1637 ancients
Primals = 16,369/400 = 40.9 primals

So, what you were doing in the 50 hours matters.

1 Like

Yes I have noticed this also this season. The drop rates have halved for me this season as opposed to last season. RNGesus has not been nice to me either.

Perhaps you aren’t running things like last season. Slower rifts/grifts perhaps?

No running them faster with Gears of Dreadlands. Nothing has changed really other than I am super fast now and before I would grind a lot slower with the Impale build. Problem is I pick up everything that drops. Just nothing of value is dropping this season.

Guess it’s rng then. Some season I go A LOT of time before getting the items I want. Others I get almost every piece I need right away

1 Like