Grim Scythe build question

Does the Grim Scythe does more damage after you dump your essence to zero?

or the lesser essence you have, the more damage you deal for Grim Scythe ?

Leger’s Disdain mechanics are pretty straightforward. It buffs Grim Scythe by 65% - 80% for each point of Essence restored by Grim Scythe. Grim Scythe gains 12 Essence for each enemy hit. If you hit 10 enemies and you are at full Essence, Leger’s will give you no bonus. If you have 120 less than full Essence and hit 10 enemies, you’ll generate 120 Essence and Leger’s will give you 96x to your Grim Scythe hit (with a max 80% Leger’s). The important part is it is based on the actual amount restored to your pool, so dumping as much as possible is optimal for Leger’s Disdain. Now, the mechanics of Haunted Visions are a bit counterintuitive but it does make sense somewhat. The Simulacrums are duplicating your Grim Scythe but since they do not have an Essence pool, Leger’s Disdain is giving them the full bonus from the number of enemies hit. So dumping your Essence causes your Grim Scythe swings to deal a lot more damage but your Simulacrums are always dealing the maximum damage regardless of your Essence pool.

Meaning its only my Necro that hits harder and Simulacrums are constant in damage all the way?

Yes (17 characters).

So if i get more essence from passive + 40 from weapon and offhand(90 total). Will my sims do more damage? Or only necro itself get the damage buff?? Is the essence pool of simulacrum allways fix at some number?

If I have the follower Templar with the skill inspire ( generated +10% essence) will I do more damage by 10%?
TotsukaBlade: Do you think the skill Dark Reaping (+2% ess and HP per hit)?
Increasing the maximum value of the essence does not necessarily mean that the damage increases.

the phylatery says 65-80% per essence restore so more point of essence = more damage isnt?

The more MAX essence your toon has the better.

Let us assume you have 300 max essence pool.

you start the fight with 100 essence; you swing grim scythe to a crowd of about 20 monsters. but since your max is 300, you are allowed to gain only 200 essence. 200x80% = x160

Now assume through items and passives, you increased your max pool to 400. You start the fight with 100 essence and plow through 20 monsters generating 240 essence. Your grim scythe deals 240x80% = x192 instead of x160

Bottom line: spend spend spend your essence

quick question. will that apply to simulacrum as well or just necro only? i assume not but just want some expert to confirm it

Khord answered your question -
but TLDR, sims dont have pool. they swipe, generate 300 essence, gain 300x80% DPS regardless if your pool is full or empty…

but you still want to empty your pool so YOU will generate DPS too.

1 Like

Max essence does not affect the damage of either the player or the simulacrums (via Leger’s Disdain).

At best max essence allows more time before your essence pool is filled, which in higher density, will be one to two swipes, and of course will only have minor impact to Necro dps, not sim damage.

Running no essence dump in solo push is the more optimal config.

Read here…

1 Like

thank you so much :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: