Grim Scythe and Simulacrum

Looks like the Grim Scythe casted by Simulacrums is bugged.
With the offhand it should only get +% DMG if Essence is restored.
But that is only the case for the player and the sims deal all the time full dmg as if the player would be at 0 essenz. They might even ignor the essenz limit alltogether

If this doesn’t get fixed it might be even worse then WD S20. Corps Explosion is over the top as well.

1 Like

also cursed scyth should aply curses by simulacrum too

So, do they just do base damage with no extra from the phylactery? Or do they do the same damage as the player? I guess I’m just not really clear on what you are saying is happening.

1 Like

They do the dmg the player would do, if he has 0 essenz and would gaine 100% with one strike, even if the essenz is allready at max. Maybe they even do “unlimeted” dmg if they also ignor the max essenz pool. Then the more enemys they hit the more dmg they would do - even if max dmg from player would have stoped at f.e. 300essenz * +dmg from offhand per essenz gained

So in other words, they make a Grim Scythe build WAY easier to pull off, since you no longer would need to worry about having an essence dump in order to get the extra damage.

or even more if they ignor max essenz

The Simulacrums option seems to me a waste of time and essence (no pun intended)… Sorry I vote Nay to continue with the Simulacrum option…get rid of it.

• Leger’s Disdain
    Grim Scythe deals an additional [65 - 80]% damage for each point of essence it restores.
    Does next-to-zero damage since Masquerade of the Burning Carnival does not buff Grim Scythe, if it did this set would at least have a useful off-hand.

On a different note, but same 2 skills involved, I noticed when killing the rift guardian Rime, I seem to only be gaining 12 essence per swing, I would think that I should be getting 36 essence per swing, but it seems the Simulacrum’s don’t gain essence when using Dual Scythes. I need to do more tests, but i’m positive this was happening.

Indeed, you don’t get essence for their attacks. Also, the addition of Grim Scythe to Haunted Visions wasn’t intended for this set, but rather to help out Grim Scythe builds using either Inarius or LoD. No matter how much you try, nothing but Bone Spear will ever do any significant amount of damage with this set.

Yes. They don’t generate essenz for the player.