Greater Rift 20

It’s not Friday :sunglasses::sunglasses:
I’m looking forward to it.

I’m not sure what you mean by that. If you’re waiting until tomorrow, there’s no need to. The new Season doesn’t start tomorrow. Go ahead and do this week’s Challenge Rift. You’ve got until Monday at 2 PM Pacific Time. Then, it will change to next week’s Challenge Rift.

If the new Season starts a week from tomorrow, you DO NOT want to do NEXT WEEK’S Challenge Rift until after the Season starts on Friday, August 23, 2019. But, you can practice with this week’s Challenge Rift all you want.

And, if Season 18 does not start a week from tomorrow, you’ll have 2 Challenge Rifts (or more) to practice with. Not to mention all the extra stuff you’ll get for successfully completing them.

ok I thought u meant I could not even make a level 1 non-season toon until after a certain time on Friday… Then do the challenge Rift drawing whomsoever’s toon I get to play.
Well thanks for all the help - truly - but its in vain cause they gave me a crusader to do the CRift and I have no idea how to play it. So back to just enjoying my Monk and working to get that last fist weapon.

There is a new Challenge Rift every week. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO CREATE A NEW LEVEL 1 CHARACTER TO RUN THE CHALLENGE RIFT. And you can run the Challenge Rift any day of the week.

THE ONLY TIME YOU WANT TO WAIT UNTIL FRIDAY IS DURING THE WEEK WHEN A NEW SEASON IS ABOUT TO START.

For example: Season 18 is starting next Friday, August 23, 2019 at 5:00 PM PDT. So, you WILL NOT want to run the new Challenge Rift, which will change on Monday, August 19, 2019, until AFTER the new Season starts.

When the new Season starts YOU WILL HAVE TO CREATE (OR REBIRTH) A CHARACTER. That Character will be Level 1. (But, it doesn’t HAVE TO BE. You could play your new Seasonal Character until they were Level “whatever” and THEN RUN THE CHALLENGE RIFT, if you wanted).

The point is, in order to collect the Challenge Rift Cache in the new Season, YOU MUST FIRST HAVE A SEASONAL CHARACTER that can collect it. And the point of running the Challenge Rift as soon as you create your new Seasonal Character is to start the new Season with a good boost to your currency, right out of the “starting gate”.

Yes. Every Challenge Rift will be a different Class and build. If you watch the current Challenge Rift videos, you can see how it is played. @Eazytarget puts one up every week. Usually within 24 hours after the new Challenge Rift starts. When you get into the Challenge Rift Hub, you can practice before your start.

Okay. Well, whatever you decide to do when the new Season starts, good luck and have fun! :+1:

1 Like

@Shadowstryk

If you think you might want to do this week’s Challenge Rift after you create your Season 18 Character this Friday, August 23, 2019, here are 3 recent videos of it on the Americas Region:

And, if you decide not to run the Challenge Rift, then good luck and good hunting in your Season adventures! :bow_and_arrow:

update: I have scarbringer w flawless royal; vengeful wind with same royal, 6 pieces sunwuko set - gems in amulet is bane of powerful rank 7 - rings - boon of horder rank 12, wreath of lightning rank 5. Paragon 260. bracer is an ancient legendary. Ok question I have is - is it possible to socket all gear? Other question is the legendary skills I have extracted, how do I add them to my gear or weapons. there is one thing on the cube that says reforge legendary - but I don’t see where I can choose a skill to add. Plus does it leave the rest of my weapon alone as far as not removing any skills? I am currently doing t7 bounties and the one to get keys. Going to try the greater rift today. I am also using 3 flawless royal for resists.

@Shadowstryk

1. Head, chest, and leg armor can be socketed. So can jewelry, weapons, and off-hands. No other pieces can be socketed.
  2. If you use the “reforge legendary” Kanai’s cube recipe, the item you reforge will be randomly changed to another item of the same kind. This is totally random; you can not select what you want to change. You may end up with an item that is much worse than the one you started with. Most players do not do this to the item they are currently using, unless it is an absolute piece of junk. The best thing to do is to reforge a second but inferior item of the same kind, in case your reforging luck is not good.
  3. You can use the Mystic to change one attribute of an item. You can choose the attribute you want to change, but the replacement attribute is randomly chosen. It looks like you have already done this to some of your equipment.
  4. To choose an extracted skill, open the cube and, at the bottom, click on the type of equipment (weapon, armor, or jewelry) that you want to use. You will get a menu of all the items that can be used by your player. Look through it to find the extracted property that you want to use, and just click on it. Note: all off-hand items, including shields, are considered “weapons”.

You don’t. You equip the legendary powers just like you select your passive skills. Once you choose a legendary power, it will show up at the bottom of the Kanai cube, as well as in the detail section of your profile. Then you will have the advantage of whatever legendary powers you’ve chosen, regardless of what other items you’ve equipped.

One caveat: if you equip the same item as you’ve selected, you do not get double the effect. The equipped item overrides the cubed power. So, for example, you equip a Convention of Elements ring but also have it chosen as one of your cubed powers, the equipped item will override the cube. So if your equipped item only increases your elemental damage by 150%, then that is what you get and not the 200% from the cube.

2 Likes

tysm for your answers and directions… How many extracted skills can I add to my gear?

One from weapon/of hand
One from armor
One from jewelry.

And not really added to gear, but added to your character like a passive ability.

As TimberWolf and storytime42 stated, you DO NOT add “skills” to your gear. You “equip” the Legendary Powers using Kanai’s Cube.

Look at the image below. The left side of the image shows Kanai’s Cube opened. At the bottom you can see 3 Slots, already equipped. From left to right: Dawn is in the Weapon Slot, Visage of Gunes is in the Armor Slot and the Unity Ring is in the Jewelry Slot.

When you click on a Power Slot it opens Kanai’s Cube Powers Collection. (On the right side of Kanai’s Cube). This is where you select the Power you want for each Slot. You can only equip 1 Weapon Power, 1 Armor Power and 1 Jewelry Power at a time.

Once you’ve equipped your Powers, they stay with you, even in Campaign Mode. If you want to change your Powers, you can only do so in Adventure Mode. Kanai’s Cube is not available in Campaign Mode.

Use it with the cube recipe “Upgrade rare item”, rare item = yellow one