Greater Rift 20

I did a GR 20 in 9 min 58 sec thanks to your help.
How do I use the cube to get a Vengeful Wind? Is this weapon a rare or part of the green set I am currently using. I also changed my paragon skills to what was recommended.

It’s a legendary Fist weapon that you have to find either by doing rifts, greater rifts, bounties or from Kadala. If you have enough materials you can try to upgrade rare 70 level fist weapons to a legendary weapon and if you lucky you get a Vengeful Wind.

If you want to cube Vengeful Wind you need to finish all acts 1-5 bounties on at least T2-4. Once you have done that just use the first recipe in the cube and your legendary power will be extracted and you’ll be able to choose it.

1 Like

The cache materials can also be gained by doing Challenge Rift every week.

In addition, a new Challenge Rift starts every Monday at 2 PM Pacific Time. You can only collect one Challenge Rift Cache per week per Region.

Also note: If you want to start a new Season with a decent currency boost:

1. DO NOT complete a Challenge Rift during the week that a new Season starts. New CRifts start on Monday and new Seasons usually start the following Friday at 5 PM Pacific Time. So, the week a new Season starts, you will want to wait until Friday, after the new Season has begun to complete that week’s Challenge Rift. You can start the new Season with a Level 1 Character and enough currency to Train all 3 Artisans to maximum Level and have plenty of currency left over.
  2. You must create or Rebirth your Seasonal Character first. Otherwise, you’ll only be able to collect your CRift Cache with a non-Season Character.
  3. Once you have your Seasonal Character and before you click the “Start Game” button: Click the “Game Settings” button instead. Select “Challenge Rift” and click “Start Game”.
  4. Successfully complete the Challenge Rift: Kill the CRift Guardian. A red Portal will appear; enter it to return to the Challenge Hub.
  5. “Leave Game”.
  6. Click “Game Settings”.
  7. Select “Adventure Mode”.
  8. You should now have your newly created Seasonal Character selected.
  9. Click “Start Game”.
  10. Have fun!
4 Likes

tysm for being so detailed. Really appreciate it! I could not find any option for re-birthing a toon. Even though u were pretty clear what I needed to do, I am a bit unclear on what level takes on a CRift boss? Surely not the newly created toon, but a seasonal level 70. To qualify for the terms you set forth, I’m guessing I need a new level one toon to do it.

When you click “Switch Character” there should be an option to Rebirth one of your non-Season Characters. Some players like to do this because you retain the Character’s name and much of their history, like Lifetime Kills and Time Played, etc.

When you Rebirth a Character:

• They are converted from a non-Season to a Seasonal Character.
  • They will start at Character Level 1.
  • They will have to Train their Artisans again.
  • If you did not stash their gear and the Followers’ gear, it will be sent back to your non-Season Characters through the in-game mail.
  • You can only Rebirth 3 Characters per Season per Region.

Or you could, as you said, just create a new Seasonal Character. But, you already know this, with 5 Seasonal Characters and 6 non-Season Characters.

Your Character Level is irrelevant. When you run a Challenge Rift, you are playing someone else’s Character in a snapshot of a GRift they completed earlier. Your goal is to match or beat their time. If you do, you will receive CRift Cache full of Mats, Shards and Gold, which is a great way to start a new Season. Especially with a Level 1 Character and no previous currency. You can collect this Cache with any Character: non-Season Normal, non-Season Hardcore, Seasonal Normal or Seasonal Hardcore on the same Region.

Important: You must have at least one Seasonal Character to claim the CRift Cache in the Season. That’s why, when a new Season begins, you need to create your Seasonal Character before completing the current week’s CRift. Otherwise, only your non-Seasonal Characters will be able to collect it.

Here is a video of this week’s Challenge Rift 112 on the Americas Region uploaded by Eazytarget:

Good luck in Season 18! :bow_and_arrow:

2 Likes

why am I watching a fully geared guy run a GRift, when the instructions given me is to create a toon ( rebirth) on Friday after at a time ( i forget atm). then starting game and w/o more then a twig for a weapon runn ing a sucidal gf. Unless this is something totally special, U can’t even get in a rift unless u r 70 - one more thing I play private games - does this need to be public? thx

On a seasonal hero, you don’t need to complete the Campaign in order to have access to Adventure Mode. So, a seasonal hero can access Adventure Mode, which includes Nephalem Rifts and Bounties, from level 1 upwards.

I believer you. So Friday I’ll find out. I just can’t see why its a good thing accessing something u time to gather gear and practice skill sets to achive.

1. The Challenge Rift is a totally different Game Mode from Campaign Mode or Adventure Mode. You ARE NOT playing ANY of YOUR Characters. You ARE playing SOMEONE ELSE’S Level 70 Character. And you will NOT start ANY Greater Rift with YOUR Level 1 Character. (As you said, that is not possible).

1. You MUST HAVE a Seasonal Character in existence when you run a Challenge Rift if you want to collect the Challenge Rift Cache with a Seasonal Character.

1. Also note: Challenge Rifts are locked unless you have one Character, non-Season or Seasonal, that has run at least one Greater Rift at any Greater Rift Level. (But, I believe you’ve got that covered).

1. You must start a Season with a Level 1 Character. You CANNOT start a Season with a Level 70, fully geared Character with fully trained Artisans, fully gear Followers, Gold, Mats or Blood Shards. You WILL NOT be running ANY Greater Rifts with your newly created (or Rebirth) Seasonal Character.

1. You ALWAYS start a Season, whether you create a new Character or Rebirth a main non-Seasonal Character, with 0 Gold, 0 Crafting Mats, 0 Bounty Mats and 0 Blood Shards.

1. By completing a Challenge Rift, after you have your first Seasonal Character, your Level 1 Seasonal Character will start with over 5 million Gold, hundreds of Crafting Mats, several Bounty Mats from each Act and hundreds of Blood Shards.

The video below may explain it better. It was uploaded 3 months ago, so it’s recent, relatively speaking.

But note: The Challenge Rift Cache has been increased, which is mentioned in the video. You now get 5,100,000 Gold, 15 of each Act Bounty Mat and 35 Death’s Breaths. (If I remember correctly).

And THAT is a GREAT WAY to START a LEVEL 1 SEASONAL CHARACTER. :wink:

Again, good luck to you, now and in the new Season. :bow_and_arrow:

1 Like

The Challenge Rift cache now contains 5,100,000 gold.

You just wanted to make me run this week’s Challenge Rift, didn’t you? :stuck_out_tongue:

But, you are correct. I could have sworn it was 5.4 mil. :blush:

Editing my previous post now.

I just hope Shadowstryk understands how it works now. :beer:

Nope. I just remembered being asked a few months ago on the EU forums with regards to using the challenge cache’s gold as part of contributing to the 50 million gold streak conquest and I took a screenshot of it at the time to show that the gold value had been increased. I dug through my screenshots folder to find it.

[ EDIT ]
Here it is…
http://ximg.co.uk/images/2019/08/14/d3_challenge_rift_cache_contents.jpg

Much more sense now - I would Never have figured that out. Remember I am still new to D3. Even though in My Mind, I have achieved greatness with my monk. I played with 2 other friends who never quite got the hang of it. But they are casual players - I like a challenge and so hit the forums for what I could not figure out. You guys are great for being patient with me. If someone has never done a thing before - its hard to understand directions that are not given and just figured. It’s like being blind, and trying to listen to someone describing that color.
Anyways, if I am randomly playing someone else’s toon - How can I achieve a goal if I don’t know how to play it?

Is it possible to scroll thru a list of other ppl’s toons to one I know how to play? Or am I stuck with what comes up…

If you haven’t done it already, you might want to run this week’s Challenge Rift, so you have a better idea what to expect.

There has been no official word on it yet, but if Season 17 ends this Sunday, August 18th, there’s a good chance that Season 18 will begin Friday, August 23rd.

When the new Challenge Rift is deployed on Monday, August 19th, you’ll want to wait until Friday, after Season 18 starts to run next week’s Challenge Rift. :wink:

And don’t forget:

1. Create (or Rebirth) your Seasonal Character first.
  2. Use “Game Settings” to change game modes to “Challenge Rift”.
  3. Start Challenge Rift and successfully complete it.
  4. Return to the Challenge Hub (through the red Portal after killing the Challenge Rift Guardian).
  5. “Leave Game”.
  6. Use “Game Settings” to change to “Adventure Mode”. (Your newly created Level 1 Seasonal Character should reappear).
  7. “Start Game”.
  8. Open your in-game mail and claim your Challenge Rift Cache to your Inventory. Open the Cache, like you would a Bounty Cache.
  9. Pick up your loot.

Now, you can train all 3 Artisans to Level 12 and proceed with your Season 18 Journey. :+1:

You play the Rift and build you are given. It will not change for the entire week. Figuring it out and completing within the time of the original run is why it is a challenge Rift.

Every week there are a few you tube vids on the CR. It will go over the map with Ellie and Champion placements do you can take the most efficient route. They also go over skills, and skill rotation.

I usually pick up a vid in my Reddit feed, but you can just search you tube. There is a different CR per region each week, so if you are on NA, search for NA challenge Rift. (vise versa for EU).

Some are easy enough to just jump in and play, but most are done with incomplete builds, this creating is own difficulties. (These are not impossible, as you are trying to beat some one else’s completion time. )

storytime42 already answered this for you. But, also keep this in mind: When you first enter the Challenge Rift you’ll be in the Challenge Hub. There, you can practice playing with the build to get a little comfortable with it. The monsters in the Hub don’t fight back. On the left side is a single large monster that respawns when you kill it. On your right side is a group of trash monsters that will respawn when you kill them. (Go back and watch the videos again. :wink:)

And, you can run the Challenge Rift as many times as you like. That is, if you do not successfully complete it the first time, you can try again.

Of course, once you successfully complete it, there’s no reason to run it again since you can only collect one CRift Cache per week.

just out of curiousity, how would u term the challenge rift in terms of T1 etc levels?

You should really just try the challenge rift in order to understand them. They are not based on a standard difficulty level. Each challenge rift is an actual Greater Rift run by a player.

Just try it.

They vary. But, of the few that I’ve run, they’ve been around GR45 to GR52, the best I remember.

If you go back and watch the video I embedded for this week’s Challenge Rift, look at the mini-Map. It says “Rift Difficulty 49”. That is the Greater Rift Level. “49” would be the equivalent of T10.

For a complete list of Greater Rift Levels equivalent to Game Difficulties see this chart:

That’s probably the best advice.