GR40 - (6) Set vs LoD gem?

First-time season player. I got lucky I guess… on my 2nd GR, I got the LoD gem (rank 35 gem atm) and was basically able to use it to steamroll up to about GR40 by basically spamming Singularity Mages/Siphon Blood. Along the way I completed the season set reward and got myself Rathma’s.

My progression has slowed to a crawl, and I’m looking to keep working my way up the tiers. T7 is pretty comfortable, but I struggle in T8 (mostly getting killed by ‘Arcane’ jailers)

I was able to Master the Rathma set dungeon (had to actually use ‘weaker’ spells and gear to finish correctly, is that normal?)

I am at a loss on how to proceed. My set doesn’t seem to really enhance my pets that well, even after cubing some pet abilities - unless I’m somehow utilizing it wrong. I’ve seen some other builds that utilize Singlarity mages, so I know that I’m not the first one to have that idea.

Unfortunately, most of my web searches are pointing to -now- dead Blizz forum links, so there’s not much in the way of viable AND CURRENT information.

Given the gear I’m using:

– Is the LoD gem supposed to be on par with sets? Better than? Placeholder until sets?
– I am I somehow misusing the Rathma set by Singularity mage’ing instead of some other pet build?

I am open to suggestions on how to proceed past T8/GR40

All class sets should do GR80+ without any problem. But you do need some supporting gears/skills for the builds.

You may refer to the build guide for Rathma on Icy-Veins:

Some LoD/LoN builds are very powerful.

I had played LoN Mage build in past season. I forget how much GR, but GR80+ is no problem. My build looks something like this.