GR132 under 2000 paragon

Hello, I wanted to make a new video so I tried to push my WW Rend Barb and got rank 24 last night with my GR132 clear. I then noticed I was the lowest paragon (the only one under 2000) who cleared that high. I sorta made the video as a semi-guide (the build isn’t original).

I know I’m not the most engaging content creator but I tried to keep talking during the whole recording. I hope you guys enjoy it!

10 Likes

That’s amazing. Double Battlefield + Power + Conduit at the end - doesn’t get any sweeter than that :slight_smile: As a fellow sub 2000 paragon barb I totally appreciate the uphill climb when you’re competing against 3500+ paragon players. Well done!

With your skill, I bet you can probably clear 1-2 tiers higher if you switched to Ambo. I know in the video you mention concerns around losing the Istvan armor buff, but having switched myself (at P1700), I didn’t find it too bad. Worst case you can pump a few more paragons into Vit. The RG will be shakier but still manageable. At P1800 doing GR130 I find the limiting factor is dps and those Phys cycles really melt packs like butter!

2 Likes

Congrats on the clear :clap:t4:
That’s awesome work

1 Like

wow a non botter actually ranking grats bruh

2 Likes

Congrats Iria, 132 under 2k is no small feat. Great work!

2 Likes

As I have been trying to tell others this whole time on the botters forums. Paragon is not the end all be all as far as what decides who gets on the leader boards. You have other factors. You have gear, gem levels, augments, skill of player, fishing, along with other things that I might not even know of that would come into play.

The whole thing that proved to me that paragon is not such a huge boost is two main things. Take off all of the gear and keep the paragons where they are. See how high your damage is without gear. I am sure we would all know how low it would drop without gear, along with toughness it would drop like a rock.

To the OP I say a job well done.

Well played. Super maps.

I would also want to recommend going ambo/doom and putting a few paragon in vit. I was stuck on 134 with IB, made the switch and closed 135 in a few keys and now I’ve had multiple close clears on 136 (Choker and Vesalius can f off). Into the fray and COE are insanely powerful. For the record I’m paragon 2040 on EU, solo player with low gems.

1 Like

That’s really impressive for your paragon! I had the exact same experience being stuck at GR127 (1500 paragon) then grudgingly made the switch to Ambo and cleared 128 soon after.

I’ve tried ITF but the RG fight was just too dicey for me. I needed to go back to wind shear which was a lot more manageable. How do you handle the RG fight with ITF/weapon mastery? Do you just back off when wrath momentarily drops?

Do you use templar as your follower? His fury regen talent is very helpful. I can maintain perma wrath if I use ground stomp very sparingly, e.g. wait until BoM drops off for like 0.5 seconds. But this is mostly due to me only using 2 cdr rolls now (10% on doom, 7% shoulders), with 3 cdr rolls you don’t need to risk those 0.5 sec without BoM

1 Like

I use the enchantress - I used the templar before, but I was annoyed that he caused too much of a log jam so I switched and didn’t think much of it, but good point!

Your ground stomp suggestion is helpful, I’m basically ground stomping every 5 seconds to maximize FnR, but obviously that’s eating the zod procs. It makes sense to give up some FnR buff in order to reduce the gaps in Wrath. I don’t think having even a 0.5 second gap on BoM is viable for me at P1800, too squishy and will likely be one-shotted depending on the RG. Thanks!

Yeah I get what you’re saying, I don’t always wait 0.5 sec but most of the time you can time it depending on when the rift guardian last attacked. Also try to time it so that you get the full FnR buff for your physical cycle. I roll with 18k str and 7k vit (3k vit from paragon) and survive most hits on 136 so play around with the vit if you’re getting one shot :smiley:

Also yes, the templar is seriously brain dead but what can you do, gotta get that 10% fury regen lol

1 Like