Gr100+ grp ww rend build meta

Hi, ao i seen a few people looking for barbs for grp GR100+ farming but they are not using the tipical ww speed weapons or slander/lil rouge, but are using Messerschmidt, been trying to find video about this and have not be able. Can anyone enlighten me of why they use the 2h Messerschmidt on char rather then cubing it and getting 2x weapons in main hands… ambos/doombringer? If someone has a link to diablo fans build or video of some of the popular youtube superstars expaaining this would be great

while i’m not certain i’m guessing it’s because rend scales off of mainhand weapon damage, so wielding a 2h means higher mainhand damage, which pumps up your speed. the cooldown from killing enemies resets your abilities super fast, likely removing both the requirement of obsidian ring and boon of bul kathos passive.

I’ve mostly solo’d but last night i ran some 110 speeds with just my regular BK speed setup and we were doing 110’s in about 3 minutes, which was fine by me. Could probalby make them about 2.5 minutes with messersmitts and a focus/restrait setup.

This is correct. Some folks are running this with F&R/BoM cubed coupled with Squirt’s Necklace but only if you have a monk support. You’re counting on killing fast enough so your WotB stays off cooldown from the Reaver.

1 Like

Sure (Full Credit to Rob2628) [D3 2.6.7] REND BARB & SADER SPEED 119's 5 DAYS INTO S19 2K PARAGON - YouTube
~https://www.d3planner.com/789652668

1 Like

How does MSR compare to Ambo/Doom and MSR in cube for high speeds? To the best of my understanding: (edited post following a comment on aps)

MSR has:

1. 2025 str (with L120 augment)
  2. 3995 damage compared with 2274 average damage (not dps) with the two weapons, 75% higher

Ambo/Doom have:

1. 3200 str (with 2 x L120 augments - +1175 str at 25 k mainstat is approximately 4.7% dps)
  2. Third physical roll (14% dps)
  3. +130% chd. In Rob’s link with WotB and Overpower you get 75% chc and only 480% chd (x4.6 multiplier for rend). With the double weapon it would be 610% chd, or x5.57 (19% higher dps). The total difference from these three bonuses is 42% higher dps.

Summary: both are valid options.

1. MSR at 25K mainstat is 23% stronger. The higher the mainstat, the greater the gap.
  2. Dual weapons give you an extra cdr roll and some extra toughness due to +1200 strength. The lower the paragon, the better dual weapon is (mainstat not diluted as much).
2 Likes

I’d say till you’re high paragon and have a really nice physical amulet and augmented highly that Ambo/Doom will be the way to go for sure, or Ambo / SK another option too. With the worst probably being Ambo / EF (my current set up as I’m not high enough to run 110-120 speeds yet, I’d rather take moving faster).

After Rob mathed out 39% higher, I mathed out losing 130% crit and 120 augment advantage and it still came out 36.5% , so minus the 14% physical and it’s still higher.

Precisely.

I thought rend is based on avg dmg and atk spd is a useless stat, so you would need to compare that and no the dps.

So MSR avg dmg would be ~4000 and 1h are ~2300, making MSR 70% stronger.

You are correct, I’m changing the details in my previous post. MSR is 75.6% stronger (3995 average damage versus 2274 average damage)

Looks like a good breakdown to me.

The only thing I would note is that this assessment holds true mainly for speeds fast enough where you kill everything simply by plowing straight through it without stopping.

If you have to linger in density at all, even for as little as 4-5 seconds, then for groups it’s going to be most efficient for their WW Barb to stack some AD and utilize hard-cast Rend. And in this case, you’re dropping a % of dps roughly proportional to how far you fall below 2.0 aps.

So for those slightly less speedy speeds, I’d expect a dual-wield setup to be superior, assuming you play it right (WW into groups, HC Rend a few times, AD kills them, move on).

Exactly. In addition less speedy speeds can leave you with no wotb (you need to kill, unlike zodiac). I’m now looking for a good MSR, really want to test it.

I mean there is an ideal build but I wouldn’t put to much effort into that. I would focus more on your group composition. WWbarb/zbarb/sader/dmage slot open to a few builds. Neither the barb or sader need a ton of help on the defensive side so a zmonk is pointless. First I played with a impale dh and wasnt too impressed as they do almost no damage to trash and the elites are almost dead before trash is gone. So I subbed in a POJ monk in the forth slot and it was great. Doing 110 4mans in 3minutes non season. The RG lasts about 3 seconds. We will be moving to 115s soon. Dps average para was 3.4k.

Zmonk gives shield, which allows the Sader and RBarb to keep Squirt’s necklace buff up. It is such a massive damage gain to bring a Zmonk.

You know I have not seen that weapon drop for me yet. Not even a terrible one.
On the other hand if I unlock some transmog now I will be pretty sure this is the weapon :slight_smile: