GR death after boss was dead

Hey all,

I finished a GR 100 on my Wizard (Vyr Chantodo) and right after the boss died, I died from a damage that I can’t really understand.

Here is a video of the death: HC GR death after boss - YouTube

It looks like there is some damage ticking (you can see the absorbs happening). I was still in Archon form but the death happens exactly at the time the Halo of Karini buff drops.

Are there specific bosses that have damage over time that will continue to tick after their death? Is this a bug or just unlucky?

1 Like

You can continue to take damage even after the rift guardian dies. Hence, you need to hit the potion or get some life regeneration because you rely too much on life per hit. Don’t stand on damage over time areas. There’s also minions that could still be lurking around. Don’t give them a free hit and make sure everything is dead before you think of stopping to move.

3 Likes

That particular boss does spawn little minions on death. Things happened so fast it’s hard to see what got you there.

I have the worst experience with delayed damage from arcane turrets.

Watched it a few times at .25 playback speed. No idea wtf that was. RIP

You were using the slow time bubble which slows down the projectiles. In this case it was the “teal wave” attack. This spell doesn’t disappear when you are hit, so instead you suffer damage from the wave a huge amount of times since it is moving really slow / practically standing still.
Normally it also has some knockback effect, but since you have Archon you just hover in the spelleffect taking maximum damage.

2 Likes

so what killed you was a split second before Eskandiel died he released that blue wave and you were in it’s path…slowed to .25% and you can see the wave

Plus it looks like you cheat death was counting down. So you really had no protection when you got hit. Sorry you got killed, but you were taking a chance when you in there fighting.