Goodbye, S25.... We'll miss you!

With S25 ending, it’s time to look back on what I think was the best Season ever.

I think I’ll miss using the Deathblow Anguish with my Shadow Impale most of all. Not THAT effective, but seeing mods getting blown up by Necro Death-Nova’s while throwing out knives was just a blast! Also using the freeze Pain effect with H90 is something I’ll really miss!

As achievements go, I did a crapload of personal bests: finally reached 135 solo (laugh if you want, it’s a big deal to me!), reaching top 10 on 5 SC Solo LB’s and I finally got a handle on doing propper rotations (keeping all skills on constant cooldown kind of eased me into it. I’ve played D3 since it came out on console, but I can honestly say I have never enjoyed it as much as these past few months.

So thank you Blizzard for an AWESOME season. Yeah, S26 is a bit lacklustre, but after this season it was probably inevitable. I enjoyed the crap out of this one!

And because I can’t resist: WHY CAN"T WE JUST KEEP THE SHA… Never mind…

3 Likes

Congrats. I too reached my highest solo GR which was not quite as good as yours, at 132.

And yeah, the Anguish shard is going to be missed if only because it made everything area damage, basically.

1 Like

If anyone gives you a hard time about getting a new personal best, don’t listen to them.
Well done.

2 Likes

Grats. It will be crazy not being able to see stain of sin or deathblow in action. Stain was so good for speeds. The extra progression will be missed.

This ^^^

That is not to be sneezed at mate, well done and big congrats.

I agree about the essence shard and s6 impale - it synergised well with the shadows mantle set upgrades pre s25.

I also agree that the s25 theme should have been made permanent and moved to NS. It is easily, and by far, the BEST seasonal theme we have had so far. Daylight is 2nd.

the only thing worth missing was the free 125 augments.

they were nice.

It was the season of 150 GR solo… zero chance of me being able to do that again anytime soon.

I am hoping that they didn’t NERF the EXP gain in nightmares portal too much, if they did this new season might be a bust before it even starts.

Seriously? You didn’t enjoy anything about the Shards? Hard to believe…

of course you’d say that…lol…

he’s a troll. What did you expect?

you disagree, so im a troll?
hilarious.

and, yeah, i miss free imperal / flawless royal gems.
shards were an ok gimmick.

hopefullg s26’s gimmick won’t be as boring, but we’ll see.

you previous personal attacks on me and others would indicate so, yes.

I completely disagree. The essence of Anguish death aura suffix gelled very nicely with the new updates to the shadows mantle set. It made killing mobs and generating NG much nicer, which has always been an issue with the console ports when pushing GRs to the max. It was a very welcome change, at least for me personally. A bit of extra toughness was very welcome too, especially as I play HC.

Here we go again…

If you consider S25 just a gimmick good for farming regular gems, you obviously haven’t actually played the game. The Shards did more to shake up a few builds, power them up, change priorities then many other themes. That is not a matter of opinion, that is a matter of fact.

For the third time: If you do not have anything usefull to say. or are just looking for attention, please leave and let the grownups talk.

1 Like