Good job Activision Blizzard and Vicarious Visions!

This game is gorgeous. They really outdid themselves as far as a “remaster” goes. It’s definitely 100% D2 though. There are some streamlined minor UI changes and a few minor additions but often my brain forgets I’m playing a remaster and I have to switch to legacy view to remind myself how much better it looks. The thing that stands out the most though is the lighting effects. Fireballs and lightning just look gorgeous in this game! It’s also really neat to zoom in and see all the small details and things you never knew was there due to the pixelated original art. Like the faces of the corrupted rogues or seeing the scars on their skin, or the face on the yeti beasts, etc. Etc. Otherwise if you simply just loved rerunning Diablo 2 you’ll feel right at home here. It’s the same game just with a modern fresh coat of paint. I’m having a blast so far.

5 Likes

I think a lot of the detail is actually new and not just on faces but you can find a lot of objects along walls and in outdoor areas that didn’t exists before. VV certainly took some liberty with adding to the look of the game and they completely nailed it. Game looks so much better than I imagined it ever could, well done.

Yup, the detail that was already there has been vastly improved, but just like Kranos pointed out, there is actually a LOT of extra detail added into the game that wasn’t there before. You can toggle between Legacy and Resurrected and see what used to be just an empty wall, now has a bed, or a dining table and chairs. Its cool to just run around and see all the extra detail, both old and new!

Now lets address the problems with visual.

1. hard to find the opening in a wall for tunnel to Dark Woods.
    I walked by it twice the first time.

2. waypoints are very difficult to see.

3. Insigna on opening of Tombs are very difficult to make out.

I am tired of reading post after post about how gorgeous the game is.
Why?

You are not giving any new feedback!
All you are doing is mimicking each other.

Please give some feedback about the game that can help the Devs.

They are looking for problems.
They already know the game is gorgeous!

I think you need to take another look at the thread titles of the feedback forum. This is one of the few that are actually just praising the game. Almost everything is regarding things people want changed or improved which is part of the reason why I felt inclined to post here. Positive feedback is also important so the devs know what they got right and what people want more of. I’ve personally left a good deal of ideas on visual aspects I would like to see improved but not every post needs to be critical.

1 Like

We are not helping the Devs when we blindly like almost every other post “praise the game”.

I am only saying we should pay better attention while playing.

My other thought is if people haven’t played D2 in years or never, they are going to love the visuals and say almost nothing else because they don’t know what to look for.

Can’t believe i have to do this but, please read the Feedback Guide posted in this forum by the CM: Diablo II: Resurrected Technical Alpha | Feedback Guide

• Community feedback is greatly appreciated! The Technical Alpha will be a new experience for all players and we look forward to hearing about your experiences during our testing phases.
  • Finally, have fun, be constructive, and get geeky! Feedback comes in many forms and we’re excited to see how you share your take on things.

It’s very clear that positive feedback is welcome here. Please don’t discourage positive feedback. Thank you.

1 Like

If you actually read what I wrote I never said don’t give positive feedback.

I am saying stop with the pretty and gorgeous, wow !!!

Every post is doing that and enough is enough.

Tell us about the game playing not the gorgeous visuals please.

That is positive feedback.

1 Like

I’m not sure where you’re getting this “every other post praise the game” take. And positive feedback is important. Take my post for example, I stated how I liked the new details they’ve added along the walls in dungeons and such. This is me signaling the team I want more of that.

What makes you think the devs don’t want feedback on visuals? I mean you yourself left feedback on the visuals in your previous post.

1 Like

Again,
Saying the game is gorgeous is said in almost every post.

The Devs already get that!

And, saying everything is gorgeous is not feedback they can use to make the game better!

Nobody here is going to take cues from you, random poster, on what the devs do and do not want to hear so please stop trying to police this forum. You speak for nobody but yourself.

There was much more said in the OP than that, plenty of specifics which you seem to be ignoring.

Are you speaking for the devs?

It is confirmation that they have done a good job on the visuals, which is good to know.

I have to disagree where you said, “Fireballs and lightning just look gorgeous in this game!”. The lightning particle effects looked too small, too thin, and the color was blue instead of white which definitely needs to be improved, compared to 2D sprites.

Well I think they look great.

Different colors, yes. But I’m fine with it. I think it looks closer to lightning than original D2.

I say leave it alone, no change is needed. That’s my vote.