GoD interaction with Grenades, bugged?

You would almost forget Grenades are a primary skill, but they are and should be getting the set bonuses. On paper the net damage should be about the same as Hungering Arrow with its other legendary bonuses, just with slower delivery. However, with the cascading AoE damage and benefits from legendary gems, it should be ramping up way, way harder than it does.

In fact, I tried a grenade focused setup and I couldn’t even really clear T16, when it should really be annihilating packs. Somewhere the multipliers are broken. Anyone else tried such a set up and came up with different results?

You might be forgetting that HA:DA gains 70% extra damage per pierce.

Also, with Grenades you will miss out on Depth Diggers in the cube, which again doubles your output.

And the 9th Cirri that buffs HA by up to 600% :slight_smile:

1 Like

You can still wear them and use a rorg.

Indeed, but then no CoE or Elusive. You wouldn’t wear it as you would lose F/R which is even worse.

Point is, it sucks that Hellcat and Hunter’s Wrath are both belts. Seems to be one sizable reason that Grenades can’t compete with HA:DA at the moment.

Never know what people will come up with though, it’s still early days for this set.

Which is less than 800% that the Grenades legendary has on it.

That part is obvious. What isn’t obvious is why HA performs so much better than Grenades with the new set, considering it’s legendary has a bigger multiplyer on it.

Imo, 2 big reasons…

Hellcat is a belt, and HA:DA’s own 70% increase p/pierce.

What sucks more is, that it’s only hungering arrow that is viable. Sure bola and entangling shot is used for zdps, which I will never play in a hackNslash game

Couldn’t agree more. They had a chance to make a very versatile set, and sure, it has a few options… but HA will always be your main damage dealer as it is now unless you don’t mind gimping yourself.

Pitty… Bolas is actually awesome to play, but it’s hard to not notice it’s lack of power compared to HA:DA

Let’s hope they do something about it in the upcoming balance patch. Not going to hold my breath, though.

1 Like

I tried to make a case for improving Bolas and Grenades on PTR:

It just didn’t happen, some players were satisfied with the ‘utility’ of Bolas. Take a look around, who is really playing Bolas? Those two legendary items were a lost opportunity.

3 Likes

They are going to revisit old sets / builds and optimize them. Whatever that might be

I don’t have any problem with a grenade set up. But then again I’m only 500+ paragon and have only completed a 87 GR so far in 6 min… still looking for that HA quiver lol.

1 Like

Sheesh. Hellcat’s Waistguard is EXTREMELY misleading in it’s description

So, first of all, Hellcat’s is NOT a 100% proc. Not every single grenade you throw will recieve the extra bounces and multiple damage procs. In my experience, it has a rough 30% proc chance. This means that instead of a 1100-1300% damage multiplier to Grenades, it’s actually more 3-400% damage multiplier overall.

Second part is the delayed damage. Each bounce takes time - 5 bounces takes nearly 3 seconds to do the damage. Whats more, the grenades do NOT follow or track nearby enemies - If the enemy moves out of the grenades radius within those few seconds, then you’ve essentially lost the largest benefit to Hellcat’s - That 800% extra damage on the final bounce.

These two factors combined means that Grenade as a primary skill is completely garbage combined with Hellcat’s. It’s actually a pretty solid belt when combined with skills that just pours out grenades - Rapid Fire, Rain of Vengeance, Cluster Arrow, even Strafe if Strafe didn’t suck. However, for the slow rate of fire of Grenade, even WITH the GoD4 bonus, means that you aren’t going to get a solid rate of damage from Hellcats.

Compared to HA, which not only immediately applies it’s damage bonus, but auto-tracks nearby enemies after the pierce, lasts until everything is dead, AND gains bonus damage each time it pierces? It’s far, far behind. Bola is better. Hell, I would go out on a limb and say that Entangling Shot is better then Grenades!