GOD advice (Yes, I'm trying it again...)

LawL…I hate CoE cycles too…

1 Like

I didn’t test/play with the god build yesterday, but did do another run on Thursday after making some of the changes that you suggested in your earlier post - and it felt better, until I got to the RG. Took me forever to take down the RG (bloody Eskandiel…) although I lost NG and was down to half dmg immediately before the RG spawned, which would haven’t helped my cause… GOD seems to have real issues with any arcane mob. I think I spent near 4 minutes on the RG…I ended up finishing the GR with 3 minutes to spare, but it should have been much better than that. Still, nowhere near your level. I have a video of the clear, but haven’t edited it or uploaded it to my YT channel yet.

I’m aware that my use of strafe isn’t the best, and it’s something I am working on. It’ll just take time.

True, regarding build familiarity and performance as a result.

I kept a pretty good idea on my momentum stacks on my last run and was managing to keep it at 20, or close to 20 much better. Damage did not feel better to me, well, not significantly. You cleared a GR105 in sub 3 minutes and I’m struggling to do it (assuming a good RG and easy take down) in like 9-10 minutes.

I will check my CHC/CHD/AD stats and edit this post. I did make the changes that you suggested and I feel that it was for the better.

Regarding num lock, remember, I don’t have that option on console. PC players can set shadow power and smoke screen to autocast and maintain defensive uptakes without any need to worry, whereas I have to manually remember to do so. That makes a big difference in build toughness and overall performance (if my character dies, I lose NG, and back to half dmg).

I would concur that not all builds are for all players - some builds you just click with, and others, you don’t. I really do suspect that GOD is going to fall into the latter category, but I am trying to understand the build better and play it better.

PS my hand/eye co-ordination and reflexes are very, very good. What makes it hard for me is that the buff icons are so damn small on the console port and very difficult for me to read!!!

GoD6 literally has problems with any RG that spawns adds if you’re using stricken cause you can’t effectively stack it. Only exception is probably Hamelin and The Binder since the adds die relatively quick.

using powerful rather than stricken (truthfully told, I have NEVER liked stricken).

I use Stricken only when pushing my limits (like 125+ before nerf)…it does nothing during the rift really, but when you get to the RG it’s a big help (assuming single target without a ton of adds). Other than that, I go Simplicity/BotT/Taeguk.

I’d try Taeguk (if you have a decent one) over BoTP - since you are constantly strafing, the buff for DPS and DR is always up.

And yeah, I get that console has no numlock, but it’s a port of a PC game so you can’t expect it to be exactly the same (though that whole NG thing would make me rage quit in a heartbeat). And really, my fingers rest on the 1234 keys anyway so it just saves me from carpal tunnel on both hands LOL.

1 Like

ouch, that is not good!!! I’ve been crook the past few days (common cold) but have managed 2 clvl 70 runs in anticipation of s23. Haven’t played with the GOD build since the other day.