Glad for changes, but balancing can happen too

This is also a good time to do a once over on the skills and rebalancing terrible and not-at-all used skills/spells to open more build opportunities.

The D2: Resurrected team could take a good look at what the Path of Diablo devs have done to balance awful/unused skills and spells. They’ve done a SUPERB job I think.

10 Likes

Won’t ever happen because the loudest people are the purists. They are getting input directly from some streamer who has stated several times he is against balancing skills because that would take away meme builds for fun or something.

The only realistic option to please everybody would be to have a third realm option at character creation. One for classic, one for LoD classic, and one for continued updates.

5 Likes

Either the rebalance of bad skills makes it better than existing meta (and thus changes meta) or the improved skills are still worse than the meta and nothing actually changes.

If you want to play with inferno or hydras, then play with inferno and hydras. You don’t need to play with peak meta efficiency if it isn’t fun for you.

Thus it’s not worth rebalancing.

In no WoW or diablo game has all skills been made perfectly equal for a meta to not rise.

2 Likes

they user are not purists , a real purists will be a 1.09 player asking any change , asking any change for 1,14 just make any sense at all , this version is already full of change unbalance feature bug exploit :frowning: most of the player asking any change are d2jsp user waiting to exploit this game and selling item , these player already expose them self on topic d2jsp , my bet this game will be ruin 6 month after release watch my word

4 Likes

These people want to try new innovative builds? Let’s punish them by making it remain completely unviable and pitiful damage.

That’s pretty much your logic right there. If someone wants to play with Inferno, how is that gonna affect you? It doesn’t. It only adds viability and replayability for others, but here you are, throwing a tantrum because the changed balance now affects your ‘vision’ of what D2 is supposed to look like in your head.

11 Likes

You miss the point in every thread and resort to attack instead dont you… he clearly said, go play if it you want to. Inferno works in Normal, as it was intended and then as a step skill into the higher tier skills.

The only one throwing tantrums around here, is you.

Not every skill is supposed to work at the highest difficulty.

6 Likes

You guys are the one who miss the point yet again. I countered his argument with “how does it affect you if you don’t play with inferno?” it doesn’t, but all you guys keep parroting is “it works as intended, not every skill is supposed to work at highest difficulty”

Great, not every skill should work, we can agree with that, but some underpowered skills should get buffed. It still wouldn’t affect you personally since you won’t be using it. So what’s so bad about opening up replayability for others?? Can you at least stick to the point and answer that for once?

8 Likes

i guess for melee and physical damage your only hope to make damage is Fortitude with a Artisan’s of speed with 3x 40/15 you end with low dr for pvp no choice to hold a shield :frowning: this is just bad 0 gear option for melee = 1,14 :frowning:

I would like to see melee get buffed because casters are way better than them right now, but something tells me not everyone here will agree :wink:

4 Likes

Like what, Inferno? A level 12 skill? It works just fine, has its own synergy, ok warmth… atleast your mana will be OK.
If you want to do a viable Normal>Nightmare Inferno build, you can just fine by level 60ish by maxing the 2 skills and Fire Mastery.
Saying this is broken because you cannot use it effectively in Hell, is the problem, not touching the skill itself.

Hydra is a different story, thats a skill that 100% should be buffed in some way.

2 Likes

Ok let’s…all calm down here and think about this logically:

1. Someone using a skill you don’t want to use in your build IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS and does not affect your D2 life whatsoever. You legitimately have zero ground to stand on for wanting to deny them a balanced skill they want to use as a primary attack. It does not affect you at all. Stop trying to control other people.

2. Why add a skill to the skill tree if it’s not viable after you add the skill the next tier up? Even as a synergy? A Fire druid is currently worthless and not viable in this live patch. Honestly, why are your panties in a bunch over people wanting to make it something that can be viable and enjoyable?

3. “Purists”? If any of you are actually purists, why aren’t you sitting here making posts about banning bots?

9 Likes

I don’t mind having uber builds stay the same.

What we want is for other skills to at least be viable. Wouldn’t it be cool to use Teeth as the necro in Hell mode? Sure it’s not going to take down the ubers, but let it do something at least.

This is where I feel D3 wins. You can take any build from the fly and at least enjoy it until you hit the endgame areas.

3 Likes

You are looking for balancing… but balancing will always just bring different imbalance with it. You will already have a meta. If you want to play a non-meta build, just go for it. You can clear hell with way more, than just a hammadin, a cold sorc, a javazon, an ele Druid or a trapsin.

For example:

• zealot
  • holy freeze pala
  • kicksin
  • bowazon
  • smiter
  • fire\lightning sorc
  • poison necro
  • whirl barb
  • frenzy barb (kinda hard though imo)
  • shout barb ofc
6 Likes

I had paragraphs typed, but I’d rather just highlight your response and second it.

Seconded.

4 Likes

Not a bad idea. If we are lucky maybe that’s what will happen. Continued support for D2R would be great.
I’m fairly sure now that they will release the game as is and concentrate on that. Any changes would only ever come further down the line. If they come at all.

Thank you, he definately misreads what people say in most threads. I’m more surprised he finally got a few likes on the comment.

The point is buffing inferno will do nothing unless it’s over buffed. And if it’s over buffed, it impacts me as a player who would play the meta inferno build, which will be very bulky and slow and not fun.

If you want to play an inferno build today, you can. If you find it not to your liking, use a token of absolution and try something else!

1 Like

You will have plenty of mods to play your modded game, not here. Respect the game if you like it and leave it if you dont, thx.

Diablo 4 is coming out soon, you will ahve your new builds there.

Remember, you bought a remaster, not a new game. Classic gameplay with renewed graphics. Enjoy it.

4 Likes

No - it won’t happen. 1:1. Get over it.

1 Like

It may.

If it does, YOU get over it.

You don’t have the right or privilege to tell anyone else how to behave whatsoever in this life, on this forum, or on any games.

4 Likes