General discussion?

How is it that a thread I made about gaming gets moved out of general discussion because it “has nothing to to with Diablo 3” yet there are plenty of threads on Diablo 4 here…those have nothing to to do with Diablo 3?

I understand that the forums don’t want to be used as a platform to push an agenda but the ability to discuss gaming ideas with others who enjoy the same genre not being allowed or frowned upon seems crazy.

Maybe it has something to do with the official, stickied Blizzard post that told people to discuss Diablo IV in this forum as there weren’t any Diablo IV forums yet…

There’s also a Games & Technology forum which has a description of…

The place to talk about other games, discuss a console or ask for PC hardware advice.

3 Likes

Fair enough but still the term general discussion seems to be very limited here if what you want to talk about has the potential to apply to blizzard games or just gaming in “general”.

Seems like one can’t think outside the box here or it’s frowned at and told to go away you aren’t welcome.

It’s General Discussion about D3 & D4

3 Likes

^^ That. As well as D2, providing the fact that D3 and/or D4 is brought up in the discussion.

Edit: For example I was curious about what games people thought of as they were playing D3. Yeah they will talk about other games, but it still had to do with D3. Many of them talked about gams that brought them to D3.

Ok well years ago at launch the forums were filled with threads on Path of Exile and Torch light and a little later Grim Dawn those were allowed so why the sudden change in the forums.

Seems out of place that a group of like minded video game players (in the sense of taste of games) can’t discuss anything other than Diablo on a forum most likely created to bring together a community of fans for gaming “in general”. The second something is said in a broad view to not single out anyone it’s not considered appropriate?

So for the case of my moved thread I’ll ask here and make sure I include Diablo in the sentence :wink:

What would the community think if commercials were added to Diablo 3 or if they are being considered for Diablo 4?

I think it’s a poor choice and many people would be turned off at Diablo have commercials interrupt a play session.

Somethings change and not for the better. Somethings change for no reason. Somethings change with a reason, but no explanation or even a good one.

For example, I was in a thread conversation and it was closed by a moderator. Part of the discussion was people being able to do things, as you mentioned, and yet others are not.

The only things I can think of is bias or not enough manpower to properly police (moderate) the forums, perhaps even both. I won’t say what the thread I was in, but I am sure I offended the moderator talking about eating certain types of food.

Edit: Keep it about D3 (or 4 or 2, maybe) or at least loosely about it and you will be fine. Remember that it is a D3 general discussion forum, not ‘any game’ general discussion forum. It doesn’t matter if it is a Blizzard game or not.

IIRC - those were all moved to the aforementioned Games&Technology forum.

Discussing about the forum is OK too (IMO)

But, discussing about being banned or silenced is not.

Diablo 4 posts in the general discussion is okay since D4 doesn’t have an official forums. When it does get them then we will have to put our D4 post on those forums. But any other game other than D3 or D4 will be moved to the proper section.

It makes no sense to have a game forum where its general discussion can be for any game under the sun. That is something for that other forum you were told about.

That is what general discussion means on any game forum. It is about that game and any other game that game company allows it to be for (D4 threads here). Otherwise all other posts will be moved to the proper section.

Those threads didn’t stay in the general discussion for very long. They were either moved to the proper section or locked down and deleted.